730 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on VQ free read on CBJ.... Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Thanks for posting. I am getting excited about this staff and next year. I love his work ethic. ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Thanks for posting. I am getting excited about this staff and next year. I love his work ethic.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-17-2013, 05:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
ButchSlapped!

soon
Old 01-17-2013, 06:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

THANKS for posting the link.

Great read and a little more insight to bUTch and how he worked his way up the hard way from humble beginings.

Keep on working and building us back up bUTch and we'll all get on board and support you the next 20+ years at UT.

VFL...GBO!!!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardners_51609 View Post
I am a little confused. The reason I say free is because a majority of their stuff isn't. I have no subscription to their site and I enjoy when they post a free article. I also know that when people post a VQ article I usually do not even click unless I know it is going to be free. My liking of a free article does not change how much I like volnation, it is still my primary source for everything Vols.
Don't worry man. He's just a prick.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
VolBeef88 is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBeef88 View Post
Don't worry man. He's just a prick.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Truth.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 01:26 AM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utfantilidie View Post
You employed by them? Just wondering why you posted it "Free" like it's really a big deal. Be glad VolNation is free is what I say. It is a much better source for information that covers all the boundaries, high and low, good and bad. That's why it works.
WTF are u even talking about?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 AM   #22 (permalink)
Gator Hater

Good read on CBJ. Seems like Jones has the work ethic it takes to build a program. I just hope that everything he seems to be doing right off the field can translate to him doing things right on the field.

Thanks for posting link OP.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 08:34 AM   #23 (permalink)
Reformed Grudaholic

Great. Now win.
GrudenDooley is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #24 (permalink)
Common sense is overrated

Great read. As the sixth of seven children, I grew up understanding the value of hard work and earning your own money. I too was mowing yards and doing any other odd jobs I could find at a young age (12).

I left home at 17 (early 80's) and moved in with my brother. We split rent and utilities, so I had to carry my own weight. I was flipping burgers at McDonalds for minimum wage, and remember the day they came to me with an offer. I was told that I was a hard worker and that they appreciated how much I could be counted on to get the job done. I was offered the position of Maintenance Man for 50 cents an hour more. I asked what all that entailed and was given a laundry list of nasty jobs that I would be doing, to include cleaning bathrooms when people got sick. It didn''t matter.......I took the position. 50 cents an hour more was exactly that. More money.

I hope CBJ can instill a pride in work ethic into these young men. I feel it is something that in general has been lost to this generation.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #25 (permalink)
ButchSlapped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldBiker View Post
Great read. As the sixth of seven children, I grew up understanding the value of hard work and earning your own money. I too was mowing yards and doing any other odd jobs I could find at a young age (12).

I left home at 17 (early 80's) and moved in with my brother. We split rent and utilities, so I had to carry my own weight. I was flipping burgers at McDonalds for minimum wage, and remember the day they came to me with an offer. I was told that I was a hard worker and that they appreciated how much I could be counted on to get the job done. I was offered the position of Maintenance Man for 50 cents an hour more. I asked what all that entailed and was given a laundry list of nasty jobs that I would be doing, to include cleaning bathrooms when people got sick. It didn''t matter.......I took the position. 50 cents an hour more was exactly that. More money.

I hope CBJ can instill a pride in work ethic into these young men. I feel it is something that in general has been lost to this generation.
Great story bro. Here's another. At age 14, the bus would drop me off at a greenhouse not to far from my home. I would work until 8:00pm and then walk 3 miles to the house afterwords, and would work weekends. After saving enough money, I bought a moped, and would then get off the bus at the house, grab a snack, jump on the ole green Puch moped, and head to work. It was a great accomplishment to not have to walk home after work. Kept that job until I graduated and joined the Army.

“Our youth now love luxury. They have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for their elders and love chatter in place of exercise; they no longer rise when elders enter the room; they contradict their parents, chatter before company; gobble up their food and tyrannize their teachers.”
― Socrates
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Negatron

I suppose until there's actually any games to win or lose, he's winning at what he can. I'm still cautiously optimistic because ultimately, if the Vols don't return to 9 & 10 win seasons within the next few years, Butch will have to pack his bags. I certainly hope he's the man for the job because I really like the guy.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolFan4Life87 View Post
I suppose until there's actually any games to win or lose, he's winning at what he can. I'm still cautiously optimistic because ultimately, if the Vols don't return to 9 & 10 win seasons within the next few years, Butch will have to pack his bags. I certainly hope he's the man for the job because I really like the guy.
Exactly.

I like what the man is doing here RIGHT NOW, but am still reserving my final opinion until I see him in action on the field.

If I see (and I hope I do) us moving forward this year instead of not moving at all, or going backwards, then I will be all in. In my mind, that does not require a 10 win season either. I'm looking for a UT team that at least looks like they belong on the field with other SEC teams.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-18-2013, 10:14 AM   #28 (permalink)
ButchSlapped!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaldBiker View Post
Exactly.

I like what the man is doing here RIGHT NOW, but am still reserving my final opinion until I see him in action on the field.

If I see (and I hope I do) us moving forward this year instead of not moving at all, or going backwards, then I will be all in. In my mind, that does not require a 10 win season either. I'm looking for a UT team that at least looks like they belong on the field with other SEC teams.
And as dumb as it sounds, I would welcome at least 1 unsportsmanlike conduct call per game. Nah mean?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voldawgforever View Post
And as dumb as it sounds, I would welcome at least 1 unsportsmanlike conduct call per game. Nah mean?
I would be ok with that. We use to have some really nasty guys on defense. Body slamming guys, then getting in their face and telling them not to get up or it's going to happen again.

I call that playing with passion, not unsportsmanlike.
Reply With Quote TOP