Playing field leveled?

If Helfrich does indeed take over we will see the same fast paced offense. I guess it depends on how much of his staff goes with him

Not by a long shot unfortunately.

1...Their player roster is still lots better than ours.

2...Alot will depend on how many Oregon coaches he takes with him to the NFL ranks.

If alot of the coaches stay at Oregon instead of going to the NFL then there might be very little change in their O and D systems especially is one of their current coaches stays on and takes over as the new Head Coach.

It's also very tough to make a trip that far away and get a Win even in the NFL where some teams arrive on the Leftist coast 2 days before gameday.

If bUTch get a Win out in Oregon that early in the season after we lose so much of our O firepower then he deserves a raise or a bonus check.

VFL...GBO!!!

Not by a long shot unfortunately.

1...Their player roster is still lots better than ours.

2...Alot will depend on how many Oregon coaches he takes with him to the NFL ranks.

If alot of the coaches stay at Oregon instead of going to the NFL then there might be very little change in their O and D systems especially is one of their current coaches stays on and takes over as the new Head Coach.

It's also very tough to make a trip that far away and get a Win even in the NFL where some teams arrive on the Leftist coast 2 days before gameday.

If bUTch get a Win out in Oregon that early in the season after we lose so much of our O firepower then he deserves a raise or a bonus check.

VFL...GBO!!!

Hell, how about a statue?

Reactions: 1 person
No. Their roster is superior to ours any way you slice it. They are at home and they will crush us. DeAnthony Thomas will have a career day vs. our molasses defense.

Writing off our defense already?

Dont know what to expect out of this year's squad but I can almost guarantee that our defense will improve.

It has to.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

Dont know what to expect out of this year's squad but I can almost guarantee that our defense will improve.

It has too.

If we give up half the points we did last year i will call it another failure

If we give up half the points we did last year i will call it another failure

If we give up 1/2 the points we did last season and score as many points as we did last season we'll have a 8, 9 or 10 Win season next year.

If bUTch pulls that off this coming season he should be the SEC Coach of the year.

VFL...GBO!!!

Oregon is way more talented than us right now. Unless their new coach is a complete buffoon, I would expect a similar product on the field for the Ducks. I'm sure there will be a downturn in their scoring without Kelly running the offense / calling the plays, but they are just too talented to not be good.

Oregon is way more talented than us right now. Unless their new coach is a complete buffoon, I would expect a similar product on the field for the Ducks. I'm sure there will be a downturn in their scoring without Kelly running the offense / calling the plays, but they are just too talented to not be good.

I remember thinking that about us in 08.

Considering they'll be running the exact same system under a guy who has been practicing it forever, I doubt even that.

No. Their roster is superior to ours any way you slice it. They are at home and they will crush us. DeAnthony Thomas will have a career day vs. our molasses defense.

Not so fast, my friend! The vols are gonna bring it to 'em! Just think about it, CBJ starts his tenure with a victory over the much heralded Ducks...I believe!:rock:

Reactions: 1 person

It has to.

This.

It literally could not get any worse than last year's defense.

VN Store

Back