Derrick Brodus

RockyTop22

was given a scholarship today.

Derrick Brodus ‏@dbrodus

After a lot of hard work with my teammates and a lot of support from my family and friends, my dream of earning a scholarship came true #VFL

Reactions: 30 people
good for him,i still member them calling him up for that game lol

Derrick Brodus springs from couch, answers call for a kicker » GoVolsXtra

Best part of that whole story:
"We didn't have a kicker," Dooley said. "And we had to make a call to the frat house. This is no lie. We called the frat house and had a policeman go get him."

Another plus for the Vols: Brodus was sober.

"Let's get a call to Brodus," Dooley recalled telling his staff, "and it's a good thing he wasn't having too much Saturday afternoon (fun). I told the coaches, 'Hey, an intoxicated Brodus is better than nobody.

"Just get him here and we'll do a Breathalyzer. Fortunately, he didn't have anything bad."

Can someone fill me in on how much the non-scholarship walk-on players participate in practices, workouts, etc... I would assume (maybe incorrectly) that they don't participate as much in practice, workouts, etc.. or get as much coaching attention as the scholarship players. If this is the case, Brodus could end up being a very good kicker if he gets more practice, workout, coaching time on a consistent basis.

Reactions: 2 people
Multiple players vacating their scholarships helped make this possible.

Probably a Spring/Summer thing.

Two more schollies given:

tyler drummer‏@tdrum12

So blessed and thankful to live out my dreams of earning a scholarship at Tennessee.. To god be All the glory

Dylan West‏@dwest_80

Thank you to everyone for supporting me on my journey! I just earned a scholarship! Can't explain the feeling #GBO

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back