3081 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on A look Back On 2012 Recruiting Class Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. [QUOTE=voldawgforever;8141668] Originally Posted by UT Hill Man Of course. I discounted them because I am looking at this as players ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Old Geezer
 
Clemvolsince54's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Snellville
Posts: 739
Likes: 2,111
[QUOTE=voldawgforever;8141668]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Hill Man View Post

Of course. I discounted them because I am looking at this as players that didn't work out, left for various reasons. Going to the NFL is a legitimate reason for leaving.
Blasphemy,there is NO good or legitimate reason for leaving our beloved Vols.
Clemvolsince54 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
ButchSlapped!
 
voldawgforever's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,193
Likes: 3,476
ok
__________________
If a man will take care of the penny, the dollar will take care of itself.
voldawgforever is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Gods Country
Posts: 5,979
Likes: 1,981
If they are going to leave go now instead of taking up space, let coach get his own, might pay a little now but in the long run we will be better of without them, if they dont want to be here go back home to moma.
terrypedigo is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 03:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodstock Ga
Posts: 3,017
Likes: 702
So we've lost 7 players from the 2012 signing class....WoW.....we won 1 SEC game last year and 1 SEC game in 2011. Expectations for 2013 is 1-2 SEC wins
I wish I could see some light at the end of this very long tunnel....reality sucks doesn't it?
photovol is online now  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 03:50 PM   #20 (permalink)
ButchSlapped!
 
voldawgforever's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,193
Likes: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by photovol View Post
So we've lost 7 players from the 2012 signing class....WoW.....we won 1 SEC game last year and 1 SEC game in 2011. Expectations for 2013 is 1-2 SEC wins
I wish I could see some light at the end of this very long tunnel....reality sucks doesn't it?
Really? I expect 4-4 or better.
__________________
If a man will take care of the penny, the dollar will take care of itself.
voldawgforever is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 03:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Congressman
 
99gator's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 8,655
Likes: 7,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldawgforever View Post
Really? I expect 4-4 or better.
i think 4-4 can happen

i don't know if i would expect it
99gator is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #22 (permalink)
Panem et Circenses

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,012
Likes: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldawgforever View Post
But fast-forward a year later, and Dooley's final class is as much flop as feast. Of the 22 signees that inked with UT, at least seven will not suit up for Tennessee and new coach Butch Jones in 2013.
Yet another reason why I think recruiting class rankings should not be decided on until after the players' first season is over. It's always the same song and dance - bad class has breakout year, great class goes bust - but the mouthbreathers still buy the magazines and site subscriptions like there's no tomorrow.
AshG is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM   #23 (permalink)
ButchSlapped!
 
voldawgforever's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,193
Likes: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post
Yet another reason why I think recruiting class rankings should not be decided on until after the players' first season is over. It's always the same song and dance - bad class has breakout year, great class goes bust - but the mouthbreathers still buy the magazines and site subscriptions like there's no tomorrow.
Wow, really? They're fans dude. Get a grip on yourself, Old Wise One.
__________________
If a man will take care of the penny, the dollar will take care of itself.
voldawgforever is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 04:13 PM   #24 (permalink)
ButchSlapped!
 
voldawgforever's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,193
Likes: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99gator View Post
i think 4-4 can happen

i don't know if i would expect it
I think it's a fair expectation. Not ridiculous.
__________________
If a man will take care of the penny, the dollar will take care of itself.
voldawgforever is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 296
Likes: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by gardners_51609 View Post
More players will continue to leave, I think Alden Hill will also leave, and that will make us without any RB's in the 2012 class.
Doubt Hill leaves. He is probably going to be the Vols leading FB candidate unless CBJ moves Fugate back to this position. Plus he is from Ohio.
tallyho is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Woodstock Ga
Posts: 3,017
Likes: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldawgforever View Post
I think it's a fair expectation. Not ridiculous.
I also think at some point this year we'll be 4-4 but end up more like 4-8.....until I see something different
photovol is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 05:45 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Donvolson's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mt. Juliet
Posts: 1,492
Likes: 586
the CBJ has a ton of pressure this first recruiting class. Winning over the recruits, to win over the fans. The spring game roster will not likely reflect what we will see in the fall.
Donvolson is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 06:25 PM   #28 (permalink)
Panem et Circenses

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,012
Likes: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldawgforever View Post
Wow, really? They're fans dude. Get a grip on yourself, Old Wise One.
I should have specified recruiting magazines and recruiting site subscriptions; mea culpa. The point still remains that these services have the entertainment, not the education, of the reader at their core; they use a limited rubric to perform a cursory evaluation and throw in some formulae based on recruiting schools' rankings. There's likely even some marketability consideration involved. Combine this with the overindulgence of a cross section of fans who require some external disassociated outlet to confirm their greatest hopes or worst fears, and you've got the makings of a really nasty neurosis playing out before us.

That's why I come here, actually. Not only do I love my Alma Mater and am proud to root for the Vols, but the people watching is better than anything on TV.
AshG is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
ButchSlapped!
 
voldawgforever's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North Georgia
Posts: 5,193
Likes: 3,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshG View Post
I should have specified recruiting magazines and recruiting site subscriptions; mea culpa. The point still remains that these services have the entertainment, not the education, of the reader at their core; they use a limited rubric to perform a cursory evaluation and throw in some formulae based on recruiting schools' rankings. There's likely even some marketability consideration involved. Combine this with the overindulgence of a cross section of fans who require some external disassociated outlet to confirm their greatest hopes or worst fears, and you've got the makings of a really nasty neurosis playing out before us.

That's why I come here, actually. Not only do I love my Alma Mater and am proud to root for the Vols, but the people watching is better than anything on TV.
Compare stars/recruting with championships. There is a method to the madness. Alabama will testify. I'm sure of it.
voldawgforever is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
Panem et Circenses

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: East TN
Posts: 1,012
Likes: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldawgforever View Post
Compare stars/recruting with championships. There is a method to the madness. Alabama will testify. I'm sure of it.
If you offer Alabama as proof to your argument, then I must offer USC for mine. Coaching is the biggest reason for the performance of both teams; not rankings provided by an external system. If your thesis held true, then Texas, Auburn, and USC should also have seen significantly higher rankings through the season.

Last edited by AshG; 01-16-2013 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: Last paragraph removed.
AshG is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27