Kicking game

TNV

With the staff complete now and recruiting heating up I notice that there is no mention of a kicker and my assumption is because Palardy is a senior next year and CBJ doesn't want to tie up a scholly this year.

Who is going to coach the kickers? Is there any track record of any coach that can possibly get us at least back to zero missed extra points with the players we currently have?

George Bullock is supposed to be very good. He broke a leg in early practice last season and took a redshirt year. He should be ready but nobody knows what his leg strength is going to be yet as he recovers. Most suspect he will be fine.

Reactions: 4 people
George Bullock is supposed to be very good. He broke a leg in early practice last season and took a redshirt year. He should be ready but nobody knows what his leg strength is going to be yet as he recovers. Most suspect he will be fine.

Sometimes they, the kickers, kick further because the muscles and tendons heal better...but I'm not a doctor, but I have heard of it before.

With the staff complete now and recruiting heating up I notice that there is no mention of a kicker and my assumption is because Palardy is a senior next year and CBJ doesn't want to tie up a scholly this year.

Who is going to coach the kickers? Is there any track record of any coach that can possibly get us at least back to zero missed extra points with the players we currently have?

I would guess the special teams coach would be the kickers coach. Just a wild guess.

I am sure CBJ forgot about the kicking game. He sure appreciates your reminder. :birgits_giggle:

Does no one pay attention to other [recent] threads and current players (Bullock) anymore before starting yet another thread on this same topic? Smh. :no:

Reactions: 2 people
What is this kicking game you speak of? Is this something new? I've forgotten what that is.

Once the bone has completely healed it should have little or no impact on his leg strength. They have ways of maintaining strength without putting pressure on broken bones so I am sure he hasn't lost anything. Soccer players break legs all the time and are usually back in a few months depending on the severity. Does anyone know if it was one or both bones?

Once the bone has completely healed it should have little or no impact on his leg strength. They have ways of maintaining strength without putting pressure on broken bones so I am sure he hasn't lost anything. Soccer players break legs all the time and are usually back in a few months depending on the severity. Does anyone know if it was one or both bones?

I believe it was the femur of his stance/plant leg.

You just can't carry 4 kickers on scholarship and they already have 3 in Palardy, Darr, and Bullock.

Far too many holes on this team to tie up another scholarship.

As far as coaching kickers, and helping them with technique, the only one qualified to coach a kicker has to have been a kicker himself. I doubt if they have a former kicker on staff. Can you imagine someone who has never hit a golf ball trying to help a college level golfer with his swing?

I wish the Colquitt and Reviez families would start a Kicking Academy in Knoxville for future kickers/punters. Start training them early and send them on to UT.

How the heck do you break a leg kicking a football? Especially when all you do is kick footballs.

Does no one pay attention to other [recent] threads and current players (Bullock) anymore before starting yet another thread on this same topic? Smh. :no:

Also, there was info yesterday about Aaron Medley from Lewisburg/Marshall Co., a Jr. this year, who is the top-rated kicker in the country.

I swear we have more kicker injuries happen than I thought could be conceived or imagined... does any other team suffer through the same crap that we must endure from our kickers? Thankfully, CBJ has promised to make special teams a weapon this year. Enter James Wilhoit :popcorn:

VN Store

Back