2804 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on CBJ/UT recruiting is cover story on Yahoo NCAAF Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Originally Posted by Tallman I have a feeling that we are going to be disappointed with this signing class. I ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 07:41 AM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallman View Post
I have a feeling that we are going to be disappointed with this signing class.
I don't think you can get disappointed when you finish where we have the last couple years. How do you honestly get "Foster, Lawson, Bell, North, Bryant,Herron, Green" When we hae finished behind Vandy in the East AGAIN. Jones will get us where we need to be, but ya can;t erase the facts over the last couple seasons WE SUCKED!!! Thanks to coaching
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 AM   #32 (permalink)
Vol for Life

Let's face the sad reality. Whatever good recruits we get at this point are a bonus. With a horrible year on the field and a new coach, it will be tough to recruit. Once Butch gets a chance to show what he can do with the Vols (i.e., next year), I expect recruiting to really pick up. If we go out next year and win a few games we weren't supposed to, that will be a big boost for our recruiting.

I have very low expectations on what we can recruit this year. Hopefully Butch can pull a rabbit out of his hat and land some great kids!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:00 AM   #33 (permalink)
Hooyah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK0380 View Post
I don't think you can get disappointed when you finish where we have the last couple years. How do you honestly get "Foster, Lawson, Bell, North, Bryant,Herron, Green" When we hae finished behind Vandy in the East AGAIN. Jones will get us where we need to be, but ya can;t erase the facts over the last couple seasons WE SUCKED!!! Thanks to coaching
Vonn Bell committed to Alabamer yesterday :( We will see though. No Link...yet.

Last edited by vflgolfer; 01-15-2013 at 09:18 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 08:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
Hard Work Beats Talent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vflgolfer View Post
Vonn Bell committed to Alambamer yesterday :( We will see though
Haven't heard that. LINK?
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #35 (permalink)

well as of today we are 24th on rivals, not to bad considering 3 weeks ago we were close to being out of the top 50...adding a couple of 4 stars and hopefully a 5 will help give me that warm and fuzzy back about recruiting
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 AM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jps2194 View Post
Let's face the sad reality. Whatever good recruits we get at this point are a bonus. With a horrible year on the field and a new coach, it will be tough to recruit. Once Butch gets a chance to show what he can do with the Vols (i.e., next year), I expect recruiting to really pick up. If we go out next year and win a few games we weren't supposed to, that will be a big boost for our recruiting.

I have very low expectations on what we can recruit this year. Hopefully Butch can pull a rabbit out of his hat and land some great kids!

Well if Dooley can do it with Hunter, Rodgers and keeping Bray in his first month of being on the job. I think CBJ will surprise us...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVolFan View Post
Well if Dooley can do it with Hunter, Rodgers and keeping Bray in his first month of being on the job. I think CBJ will surprise us...
Dooley or not, Tennessee might have been a lot easier sell when it was just two years removed from the SEC Championship game and had just come off a winning season.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 10:55 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol_Maul View Post
Dooley or not, Tennessee might have been a lot easier sell when it was just two years removed from the SEC Championship game and had just come off a winning season.

Dooley or not, Tennessee might be a loe easier sell when our facilities are new and CBJ can sell early playing time at the position of receiver this season and early playing time next season on the O line......
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #39 (permalink)

Not sure why people keep saying, "Butch will do his best." I don't think anybody is arguing that. Even Dooley did his best. Doesn't mean it's good enough though.

Also "fyp" means "fixed your post." He was messing with you.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorvol View Post
Players that want to give all for the big orange is what I want ......q
I appreciate the sentiment, but I would have given my all for the Big Orange. However, despite my best intentions, I'm certain my all would not have been enough.

It probably safe to say that the student athletes of the University of Notre Dame certainly have their all for the Irish the other night.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudy123 View Post
Dooley or not, Tennessee might be a loe easier sell when our facilities are new and CBJ can sell early playing time at the position of receiver this season and early playing time next season on the O line......
A lot of bad teams could say that to good players. The facilities alone won't win over many players in this league. They are keeping pace with the big boys, but nothing else has. This is a pretty huge rebuilding job when you consider the competition.

A 2-18 combined record against Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and Alabama since 2008 doesn't help. This school hasn't been truly competitive in a long time. Both of those wins were with Lane Kiffin as coach BTW. People can spin things positively all they want, but I want results. The rest is just fluff. I am sick of it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-A-Man Jaro View Post
Not sure why people keep saying, "Butch will do his best." I don't think anybody is arguing that. Even Dooley did his best. Doesn't mean it's good enough though.

Also "fyp" means "fixed your post." He was messing with you.
We have no way of knowing if Butch's best is good enough, so why worry about it? All that he can do is give it his best shot. I'm fine with that.

My deceased mother used to say....."All I ask is that you do your best. That's all the Good Lord asks, so I won't ask any more than that." I have always tried to do my best, no matter the task.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallman View Post
I have a feeling that we are going to be disappointed with this signing class.
Most on here are going to be disappointed no matter where we fall in the final recruiting rankings. bUTch Jones will do the best he can, and that should equal or better Dooley's efforts without a doubt.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #44 (permalink)
4 * 2011 QB

When ranking players do the services (Scout,Rivals,etc) take anything into consideration other than athletic ability? I mean if a kid has no chance of getting into school would he be knocked down a star or 2?
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1974Vol View Post
When ranking players do the services (Scout,Rivals,etc) take anything into consideration other than athletic ability? I mean if a kid has no chance of getting into school would he be knocked down a star or 2?
Posted via VolNation Mobile
This...very few kids qualify/stars dont matter. If you take those kids out of their recruiting class things look very different. For example, what was our recruiting ranking the year we got Bryce Brown? Im sure it would have been much lower without him in it...all of them have to do more than get recruited.
Reply With Quote TOP