621 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Manning's Playoff Teams. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. There seems to be a pattern here. Colts/Broncos defense craps their pants and Peyton turns the ball over in ways ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 08:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Manning's Playoff Teams

There seems to be a pattern here. Colts/Broncos defense craps their pants and Peyton turns the ball over in ways he never does in the regular season. I hate it for him. He works so hard, but consistently comes up short in those big moments.

I really thought he had another shot at a Superbowl with this team. But the Broncos secondary looked like they were using Sunseri's scheme and that last INT was just a really bad decision.

Do y'all think Peyton will get another ring before he comes home to coach UT (j/k)?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:36 PM   #2 (permalink)

They lost the game on the last two plays of regulation. Wasting the clock and giving up the long pass was totally sinful. They had the game won and gave it away and then made no effort to push into FG position in the next series. I look at this as a Denver loss more than a Baltimore win. The Ravens just took what was given to them.
VN Likes: 10
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Vol View Post
There seems to be a pattern here. Colts/Broncos defense craps their pants and Peyton turns the ball over in ways he never does in the regular season. I hate it for him. He works so hard, but consistently comes up short in those big moments.

I really thought he had another shot at a Superbowl with this team. But the Broncos secondary looked like they were using Sunseri's scheme and that last INT was just a really bad decision.

Do y'all think Peyton will get another ring before he comes home to coach UT (j/k)?
I don't see it happening. There were some throws tonight that barely got there. I think he has one more shot next year, but Champ Bailey is getting older and that secondary needs help.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

He has a good team around him there. I think he'll get another shot or two.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:41 PM   #5 (permalink)

Dont know about another ring but Denver better get a DC or a new Def. they are horrible and one thing a Tennessee fan should know all about is recongnizing a horrible def when they see one.Peyton should of never thrown that last pass.
Champ Bailey got abused all game long.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Everybody is a Star!

This one should fall on John Fox for playing so conservative down the stretch in the 4th quarter. You have freaking Peyton Manning at the helm and you decide to put your defense back on the field rather than let Peyton do what he's paid to do? Wow.
VN Likes: 11
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #7 (permalink)

--After Knowshon went out, the Ravens controlled the running game w/4 down linemen
--Broncos only have one deep threat so Ravens could keep safeties up closer
--Broncos could not get a pass rush and left the DBs out to dry. No excuse for tying TD.
--Broncos ran the ball too much in OT.
--Peyton's last pass is impossible to explain.
--Broncos will win the west again next year but need huge upgrades to get to SB XLVIII.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
fooloshFool

Quote:

Denvers a crapload better than what manning used to have.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
What's next?

Get rid of the Gutless Wonder.
I'll be surprised if Elway keeps Fox after that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #10 (permalink)
I got nothin'

As a Panthers fan, that was typical John Fox football. Inexcusable!
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Vol for Life

Unbelievable. So many blown opportunities. Running the ball on 3rd and 7 at the end of regulation was stupid. It's not like that would have left the Ravens with 15 seconds, they still had over a minute to score. They should have let Peyton throw for the first down. Way too conservative down the stretch. Even in overtime, they ran the ball twice (2nd and 2 and 3rd and 1). Not to mention some very questionable calls by the refs.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:

And here's why some VolNation people don't understand the massive love and bandwagoning for him. He's a great talent, but sucks when it matters. The only reason he won a Super Bowl was because of Rex Grossman.

He won't win another ring and he sure as hell won't coach. That would be so stupid. He would have to be a GA somewhere for a few years then go coordinate at a small school. Doubt he will spend 4-5 years coaching small time until he can come to UT. But who knows. I've seen crazy on all sorts of levels

Hoping and keeping my fingers crossed he never comes to coach here.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm sorry NO one here watched the game.
Manning will get all the bad press around an interception all the while Tony Carter gets beat ALL nite including the tying touchdown that lead to the overtime.
Tony couldn't defend my Grandma!! Riduculous.....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyStone View Post
This one should fall on John Fox for playing so conservative down the stretch in the 4th quarter. You have freaking Peyton Manning at the helm and you decide to put your defense back on the field rather than let Peyton do what he's paid to do? Wow.
You have Peyton manning at the helm and he blew the game. He committed the number one sin at the QB position: never throw across your body. He lost the game.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 09:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Doctorate in Volology

The Broncos played one absolutely horrible game defensively today but, strangely, they were one of the league's best over the course of the regular season, finishing 2nd in total defense (2012 NFL Team Total Stats - National Football League - ESPN), 3rd in rushing defense (2012 NFL Team Rushing Stats - National Football League - ESPN), and 3rd in passing defense (2012 NFL Team Passing Stats - National Football League - ESPN).
Reply With Quote TOP