To non-UT fans on this site

VolFan4Life87

Negatron
This is a legitimate question I have, so I'd appreciate a non-troll answer (unless you'd like to prove why you're really here, to troll). Why the hell are you guys on VOLNATION? I'm fairly new and I've seen multiple Vandy fans, Dawg fans, Gator fans, etc. And I don't mean that in a "Support the vols or GIIIT OUT" kinda way - by all means this is a free country and I welcome intelligent debate, however rare it is sometimes on VN lol.

Why would you actively participate on a UT forum?

And my next question - All VFL members, are any of you also members on Gator nation, or whatever site our SEC competitors have?

Reactions: 9 people
trolls will be trolls but what got me last night was during the UF vs UL game they chose to stay on our site posting all night instead of their own. Now that I don't understand.

Reactions: 8 people
trolls will be trolls but what got me last night was during the UF vs UL game they chose to stay on our site posting all night instead of their own. Now that I don't understand.

It would be like if during the UT-FL game our site was dead but....Bama's website was inundated with vol fans?

Inside every dumb fan of anyone outside the orange is a VOL fan desperately trying to break free. That and they desperately need attention.

Reactions: 10 people
What gets me is the amount of time some of them are on VN. If they spend that much time on their own team's site, they must be on sports forums constantly.

Reactions: 3 people
Because this is grade A entertainment on this website. All the meltdowns, fighting, trolling, Grumors, rumors, bashing recuits for being 3 stars, etc.

Reactions: 10 people
Because this is grade A entertainment on this website. All the meltdowns, fighting, trolling, Grumors, rumors, bashing recuits for being 3 stars, etc.

haha yeah there are a lot of prima donnas on this site. Some people of this type get rich on TV for such behavior, God only knows how.

Reactions: 1 person
It would be like if during the UT-FL game our site was dead but....Bama's website was inundated with vol fans?

yeah pretty much. I don't mind some of the trolls here but last night I sure in hell wouldn't of been on VN during that game & they have no excuse because they were here since first quarter. Even when UT is in big games I'm not on VN until after the game.

I love it. Besides the good info (sometimes) it's the breakdowns that keep me coming back.

the breakdowns are awesome :rock:

I still don't fully know what happend but i remember 2 VN members getting into an argument where one called the other & was doing heavy breathing in his phone or something :eek:lol:

Reactions: 2 people
I've been to a few other fan sites just to compare. VN blows them out of the water, and it's not even close.

Reactions: 6 people
I can only speak for myself, and it seems like every three months or so this questions gets asked...so here's my answer.

I post on several CFB message boards, a couple other forums dealing with college sports, in addition to writing and contributing to a CFB fan blog. I'm also a UF alum who's been following college football since the late 1970s.

VolNation is by far one of the best CFB message boards out there, and rival fans are welcome, which is why I post here.

The thought of only reading and posting on a site where everyone follows the same team, or has the same opinion couldn't be more boring to me. Understanding opposing points of view and gaining a different perspective about certain topics are much more interesting.

If you follow my posts here, I'm hardly a "pound your chest about my team on your board" guy. That's disrespectful. I understand the history, relationship and general feelings you have about UF and I try my best to be mindful of that when posting here.

That said, if my presence as a rival fan here bothers you, that's a you problem...take it up with the mods.

You'll be pleased to know I also think Waco is a jackass, so there's that.

Go Gators. :hi:

Last edited:
Reactions: 43 people
I can only speak for myself, and it seems like every three months or so this questions gets asked...so here's my answer.

I post on several CFB message boards, a couple other forums dealing with college sports, in addition to writing and contributing to a CFB fan blog. I'm also a UF alum who's been following college football since the late 1970s.

VolNation is by far one of the best CFB message boards out there, and rival fans are welcome, which is why I post here.

The thought of only reading and posting on a sight where everyone follows the same team, or has the same opinion couldn't be more boring to me. Understanding opposing points of view and gaining a different perspective about certain topics are much more interesting.

If you follow my posts here, I'm hardly a "pound your chest about my team on your board" guy. That's disrespectful. I understand the history, relationship and general feelings you have about UF and I try my best to be mindful of that when posting here.

That said, if my presence as a rival fan here bothers you, that's a you problem...take it up with the mods.

You'll also be pleased to know I also think Waco is a jackass, so there's that.

on another note - heard an interview with your namesake (L Wright) on Sirius the other day. I gotta say I loved listening to the guy he was funny and was a great interview, and a very proud gator.
However he did feel the need to point on several occasions his dominance of Manning.

Florida has more fans on VolNation than they had at the Sugar Bowl last night...

But Larry is right....Waco is a jackass.

Reactions: 6 people
on another note - heard an interview with your namesake (L Wright) on Sirius the other day. I gotta say I loved listening to the guy he was funny and was a great interview, and a very proud gator.
However he did feel the need to point on several occasions his dominance of Manning.

Well, it's not like he could talk about his storied career as a backup SS with the Bengals. You play the hand you're dealt.

And yes, he's downright hilarious, borderline crazy at times, but always a good interview.

Last edited:

The thought of only reading and posting on a sight where everyone follows the same team, or has the same opinion couldn't be more boring to me. Understanding opposing points of view and gaining a different perspective about certain topics are much more interesting.

You'll also be pleased to know I also think Waco is a jackass, so there's that.

Well said, LW.:hi:

Reactions: 2 people
Well said, LW.:hi:

Thanks, the bunker mentality of some locals on CFB message boards is disturbing, but I get it.

The "why are you here" posts get tired and played.

If rival fans are that big of a nuisance simply by their existence, you're either too stupid to use the ignore feature, or too insecure to co-exist. That applies to all message boards, not just this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Thanks, the bunker mentality of some locals on CFB message boards is disturbing, but I get it.

The "why are you here" posts get tired and played.

If rival fans are that big of a nuisance simply by their existence, you're either too stupid to use the ignore feature, or too insecure to co-exist. That applies to all message boards, not just this one.

My question I feel was legitimate and I appreciate the response. Some guys on here are truly trolls. I've even seen "vols fans" that I'm pretty sure are bama fans causing a ruckus. I was hoping to differentiate. While I haven't communicated with you much on here, I've seen your posts and they've typically been well thought out non-trolltastic (albeit, gator slanted :)) It's a free country and I am always open for intelligent discussion/debate.

There are some posters here whom are fans of other schools that have class... and just like to talk football. If we are in the news they show up to get a read on what our fans are thinking. Only problem is, there is a few that ruin the ability to remain classy. Some overcome that. Some don't. I am here for information and I like to occasionally offer my opinion.... I like the fact that I can get an unbiased view of situations pertaining to my beloved Vols. Sometimes they are indeed just trolling.... stirring the part. I see fans from ''rival'' schools on every site. Its a free country.... I just like and appreciate the class some have shown. 99Gator seems to just generally like it here. Nothing wrong with that... right..? People are to quick to jump on other fans because they do not share the love, or same views as us here on Volnation. I actually welcome it. JMO. Go Vols....

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back