Rise to the top

CBJ is going to be sweating orange, not just bleeding it. He definately seems to have gone "all in" which is more than I can really say about the last two HCs. I'm still amazed Dooley initiated the VFL program, especially with how he treated former Vols. I'm beginning to think CBJ was born here and became a transplant in Michigan. ; )>

Reactions: 3 people
Have to admit... CBJ is saying all the right things right now. I just hope that what he says translate to results on the field.

Reactions: 7 people
I got goosebumps watching that like I do when the football season is starting in a week or two. I hope CBJ can get this ship heading in the right direction.

Reactions: 1 person
I just may buy tickets. I have reservations on the hire but the guy pumps me up as a fan.

This is how you do it. I like it let your team know you believe in them and its about business. Excite the team and the fan base

Guys it is all about approach. Come in with sh*tty outlook and you get sh*t. He knows that the kids needed something positive. You can only tell someone so many times they are not very good that this kind of a mindset sets in. I like how he is giving these kids some hope.

Reactions: 2 people
I REALLY like the attitude and enthusiasm of CBJ. It will make a difference, I believe.

But, I do think it should be said that these videos, the media appearances, etc. is not just him freelancing. It is a very deliberate effort on the part of the athletic department to begin to rebuild the brand of Tennessee football. It's being financed, created and managed by the AD.

I know some won't or can't consider it, but the athletic department might actually have a decent plan and some intelligent insight to the process of getting us back to where we all want to be.

Reactions: 6 people
I got goosebumps watching that like I do when the football season is starting in a week or two. I hope CBJ can get this ship heading in the right direction.

We've got to get this going in the right direction. I personally can't accept being the doormat of the SEC watching the Florida's of the world coming in our house and making us look like fools.

I like CBJ's direction. Aggressive coach, bad-ass attitude, and a rabid fan base can go a long way. Sad really that Hamilton/Dooley years really didn't use the 'strong base' available. Keeping faith that CBJ will...

I'll give CBJ credit...the guy is a good salesman...reminds me of Pearl (which is a very good thing). Someone earlier mentioned the AD getting some credit for this "campaign". I agree they likely have a hand in it but it all started with Butch saying "put the mic on me" when he came into town. He has a vastly different philosophy than Dooley. It is clear CBJ is going to SELL the program and dispense hope and confidence. It is refreshing...still in a wait and see mode here but so far so good.

I REALLY like the attitude and enthusiasm of CBJ. It will make a difference, I believe.

But, I do think it should be said that these videos, the media appearances, etc. is not just him freelancing. It is a very deliberate effort on the part of the athletic department to begin to rebuild the brand of Tennessee football. It's being financed, created and managed by the AD.

I know some won't or can't consider it, but the athletic department might actually have a decent plan and some intelligent insight to the process of getting us back to where we all want to be.

The brand-building efforts of the AD are as aided by having a football coach willing to participate in them as they were hindered by having a coach that was not.

Reactions: 8 people
I'll give CBJ credit...the guy is a good salesman...reminds me of Pearl (which is a very good thing). Someone earlier mentioned the AD getting some credit for this "campaign". I agree they likely have a hand in it but it all started with Butch saying "put the mic on me" when he came into town. He has a vastly different philosophy than Dooley. It is clear CBJ is going to SELL the program and dispense hope and confidence. It is refreshing...still in a wait and see mode here but so far so good.

great post C-Town.

Slice...good to see you on here...haven't seen many of the main folks from the Gruden threads...hope they will start coming back around soon

VN Store

Back