DC- John Jancek
RB- Jay Graham
WR- Darin Hinshaw
TE/ST- Jay Boulware
OL- Sam Pittman
DL- Mike Pelton
LB- Randy Shannon
DB- Willie Martinez

GO GET THEM!!! RECRUITS AND COACHING! WE GOT THE MONEY!!!!!!!

Honestly Jones should keep Chaney/Graham/Pittman/Hinshaw but move Hinshaw back to QB coach. Bring in Tee Martin at WR and there is your Offensive staff. It's best for continuity and recruiting. Keeping a bunch of Pro Style guys to coach a spread/whatever Butch Jones runs will not work. If he keeps the staff he runs a Pro Style.

Bring in Randy Shannon as DC and let Shannon choose the best guys for his 4-3. I doubt Shannon takes a lateral move from TCU to come here.

Reactions: 2 people
I REALLY hope he at least keeps Graham and I would love for him to bring in Tee but I'm not sure if he will have a place for them. Butch Jones has a few guys that have been with him pretty much the whole time at Cinn & C.Mich....

OC/QB - Mike Bajakian
RB/TE/Rec. Cord. - Mark Elder (has also coached LB)
WR/Rec. Cord. - T.J. Weist
OL - Don Mahoney

DC/LB - John Jancek
DL/Ast HC - Steve Stripling

He also has ties to....

Cinn. TE/OL - Dave Johnson
Cinn. LB - Roy Manning
Cinn. DB - Shanning Morrison
Ill. DC - Tim Banks
Ohio St. DB - Kerry Coombs
Wash St. ST/LB - Paul Volcro
Troy RB - Jeff Beckles
CMU TE - Max Glowacki
CMU S - Mike Kolakowski
Wisc. WR - Zach Azzanni

One of the other threads said he was expected to bring his entire staff with him. If that is the case there will be no room for Graham or Pittman or Hinshaw.

HC- Butch Jones
OC/QB- Mike Bajakian
DC- John Jancek
RB- Jay Graham
WR- Darin Hinshaw
TE/ST- Jay Boulware
OL- Sam Pittman
DL- Mike Pelton
LB- Randy Shannon
DB- Willie Martinez

GO GET THEM!!! RECRUITS AND COACHING! WE GOT THE MONEY!!!!!!!

Left Tee off

Honestly Jones should keep Chaney/Graham/Pittman/Hinshaw but move Hinshaw back to QB coach. Bring in Tee Martin at WR and there is your Offensive staff. It's best for continuity and recruiting. Keeping a bunch of Pro Style guys to coach a spread/whatever Butch Jones runs will not work. If he keeps the staff he runs a Pro Style.

Bring in Randy Shannon as DC and let Shannon choose the best guys for his 4-3. I doubt Shannon takes a lateral move from TCU to come here.

I agree, I said almost the same thing in another thread a little while ago.

I have a feeling it will look something like this....

OC - Mike Bajakian
DC - John Jancek
DL - Steve Stripling (after Cinn. hires a coach)
LB - Mark Elder
RB - Jay Graham
WR - T.J. Weist
OL - Don Mahoney
TE - Dave Johnson
DB - Kerry Coombs

I REALLY hope he at least keeps Graham and I would love for him to bring in Tee but I'm not sure if he will have a place for them. Butch Jones has a few guys that have been with him pretty much the whole time at Cinn & C.Mich....

OC/QB - Mike Bajakian
RB/TE/Rec. Cord. - Mark Elder (has also coached LB)
WR/Rec. Cord. - T.J. Weist
OL - Don Mahoney

DC/LB - John Jancek
DL/Ast HC - Steve Stripling

He also has ties to....

Cinn. TE/OL - Dave Johnson
Cinn. LB - Roy Manning
Cinn. DB - Shanning Morrison
Ill. DC - Tim Banks
Ohio St. DB - Kerry Coombs
Wash St. ST/LB - Paul Volcro
Troy RB - Jeff Beckles
CMU TE - Max Glowacki
CMU S - Mike Kolakowski
Wisc. WR - Zach Azzanni
Azzanni is a pretty good recruiter and good guy. He recruited one of my teammates in high school at Central.

I have a feeling it will look something like this....

OC - Mike Bajakian
DC - John Jancek
DL - Steve Stripling (after Cinn. hires a coach)
LB - Mark Elder
RB - Jay Graham
WR - T.J. Weist
OL - Don Mahoney
TE - Dave Johnson
DB - Kerry Coombs

Tee Will be here if he wants it and dont see why he wouldnt.

You also need to give Tee Martin a call.

According to 247Sports he has already reached out to Tee and invited him to join staff. Supposedly one assistant has not been told he would or would not be retained. I'm guessing that would be Graham. If he has offered Tee a job, I don't see him cutting Graham loose.

His staff at Cinci has 3 assistants who are in their 1st year there. I would think those are the guys who would be expendable. Most the rest of the staff have been with Jones 3 years or more. RB coach is 1 of the guys with 1 year in. IMO, that works in Grahams favor.

Tee Will be here if he wants it and dont see why he wouldnt.

I hope you are right. I would LOVE Tee back in orange! I'm just not sure where he fits in with Butch's guys that he's most loyal to. Weist is a really good WR coach and I'm pretty sure he's coming with CBJ. Maybe Tee will coach QB's for us.

His staff at Cinci has 3 assistants who are in their 1st year there. I would think those are the guys who would be expendable. Most the rest of the staff have been with Jones 3 years or more. RB coach is 1 of the guys with 1 year in. IMO, that works in Grahams favor.

Mark Elder coached RBs. He has been at Cincy for 3 years and he was with CBJ at Cent. Mich. before that. He does have a history of coaching LBs...maybe he'll move back there to make room for Jay Graham.

we need to hire Fla`s DC. It would fk them up for the Stomp in the Swamps coming soon to a Gainesville near you. jk. My main concerns are offensive continuity and DEVELOPMENT&RECRUITING OF 5*BACKS!! WE GOTTA POUND THE BALL OR HAVE AMAZING DEPTH AND TALENT 2 RUN A SPRESD IN SEC. Also,we need the BEST DC IN NATION WE CAN HIRE! REGARDLESS OF COST!! But"Big Orange Butch" will be fine. He IS Caucasian after all!(ppl bashed me for suggesting blk HC).Big ORANGE BUTCH!! BANE OF SABAN!! GO VOLS!!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This one of the things I fear the most. We will more than likely wind up with a substandard group of assistants if we get the cinc staff. We have money, at least try to get top quality assistants. The search for assistants will probably turn out as well as the coaching search. This is the best we can get.

VN Store

Back