3072 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Page 215. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #3211
'Boro-vol
Charter DeploraVol

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
It happens rarely but it is never an exspectation. Assistant coaches are only expected to have a fair shot at jobs when the previous coach that leaves is successful. Anybody that follows the coaching profession knows that! Fisher was the coach in waiting so using him as a example doesn't fly.
Nearly everything stated here is incorrect. Respectfully.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #3212
Coastypop

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoforCuonzo View Post
There is no way his assertion can be true. You would have to be the dumbest AD in the history of AD's to put out 4 contracts and see who jumps first.
The rumors of this thread and about this thread actually exceed the rumors in this thread

And that is difficult to do
VN Likes: 2
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #3213
patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Florida didn't hire strong after zook was fired. Assistant coaches aren't hired when HC are fired. That's isn't being passed over.

When urban left strong was already at Louisville and had just finished his first year. He wasn't on staff to get pasted over

Strong hasn't been pasted over twice by florida!
FYI Bruin:

Strong interviewed for head coaching jobs at:

Cal
East Carolina
Kansas
Minnesota
Vanderbilt
considered by UK prior to the hiring of Brooks.

All passed on him.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #3214
GonzoforCuonzo
NZ4L!

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastypop View Post
The rumors of this thread and about this thread actually exceed the rumors in this thread

But we make it look easy!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #3215
ShieldsUp

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltw1974 View Post
Hart need to close the deal on JG. I am at the point of giving out free hand**** at the Tennessee Welcome Center if he closes this deal!
If that means getting Gruden...i'll help!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #3216
jp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by InVOLuntary View Post
I said this last night, I think we'll have to pay more than 3.5 for Strong. He makes right at 3 now. Louisville will counter any offer we make. I think we'll have to pay 4 for STrong at a minimum, plus a buyout. WHile I think Strong is a good, young coach, I don't think he is worth that kind of money. JMO
Problem is he is not a young coach.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #3217
Coastypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockCityVol View Post
If this search goes 48 more hours; then, I am convinced the Gruden mania returns with full force.

The Chattanooga hounds are pointing!
are they coming up with anything new?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #3218
steve328

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67volbabygirl View Post
Question, since we are in a hold pattern today with the banquets in NY,

When you look around the college football landscape, which team do you think most closely mirrors the football teachings of General Neyland?
When I think of General Neyland I think of defense.

Alabama
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #3219
patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis68Vol View Post
* See: Phil Fulmer
Awesome post!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #3220
RagingOrange
Grude a holic

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastypop View Post

Its a paradox.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #3221
ChattaTNVol

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick View Post
Boro:

In my humble opinion, UT cannot under any circumstance rush this hire, whether it is Gruden or anoother coach. The last time UT did that we got Dooley and no one wants to go through that nightmare again!

Some people are talking about making a hire quickly so that the new coach can get out on the recruiting trail. Well the dead period begins on 12/17/12 and ends on 1/3/13! If UT hired a coach this week, the new coach would have at most 10-11 days to recruit. You would have to throw into the mix that the new coach would have to assemble his staff which isn't an easy task which would cut into recruiting time.

We only have to look to Alabama to see that even if you bring a coach in January, a university can have a top 5 recruiting class! Tennessee must keep its eye on the prize and if that requires having to wait until late December to "hire" a head coach then that is what must be done!!! It should also be kept in mind that one candidate has some rather large contractual issues with his current employer and possibly his prior employer!

These things take time! Neither Strong nor Gundy is "the guy"!!!!
The only issue with waiting is that if you don't have anybody before then - well the remaining choices might not be that attractive. I think you could have a private agreement and not make it public until a later date but to have nothing until the later date would seem a bit risky. jmo.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #3222
Elvis68Vol
The Tennessee Luchador

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67volbabygirl View Post
Question, since we are in a hold pattern today with the banquets in NY,

When you look around the college football landscape, which team do you think most closely mirrors the football teachings of General Neyland?
Nebraska

j/k
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #3223
BruinVol

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by crparker21 View Post
I know I'm just busting you. I do think its a little telling that he didn't seem to be in the running when they hired muschamp. I know muschamp was a hot name at the time, but they had seen Strong for 9 years(i think) and he never really had a shot at the job.
I agree the time muschamp was hired is iffy when stating a case for strong but it should be noted he wasn't at florida at time like most posters are claiming.
VN Likes: 1
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #3224
mrorange211

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boro-vol View Post
Nearly everything stated here is incorrect. Respectfully.
Where is that MOU?

DTO: I canít stomach another Bammer leading our football team.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:15 AM   #3225
BuckheadVol1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETNVol View Post
I haven't kept up with it the last few days.

Is there even a glimmer of hope that Gruden is still an option, or is the thread just message board daydreaming?
Yes to both
Closed Thread