2525 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Page 213. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #3181
rltw1974

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingOrange View Post
I think at this point, after friday, I realized I spent too much time here worrying about things I cant control, and missed out on family time etc. So now, I am here mostly when at work because I have a computer up all day, and I have learned to relax and let it be...my wife and kids are happier for it...

It either will or wont be Gruden...in the meantime chillax...
Solid Post. I feel exactly rthe same.
VN Likes: 1
Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #3182
67volbabygirl

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Question, since we are in a hold pattern today with the banquets in NY,

When you look around the college football landscape, which team do you think most closely mirrors the football teachings of General Neyland?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #3183
patrick

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT PaulVol View Post
Great post man! I completely agree
more likes please!!!!!

Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #3184
InVOLuntary

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by volgr View Post
Quick stat...

At Louisville
Petrino won 82% of his games
Strong won 62% of his games

If we are going to spend over $3.5 million on Strong, why not spend less and get Petrino?
I said this last night, I think we'll have to pay more than 3.5 for Strong. He makes right at 3 now. Louisville will counter any offer we make. I think we'll have to pay 4 for STrong at a minimum, plus a buyout. WHile I think Strong is a good, young coach, I don't think he is worth that kind of money. JMO
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #3185
RagingOrange
Grude a holic

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve328 View Post
Funny thing is, if you go to the recruiting forum, most of them lurk over here a lot. They talk about how we are in constant meltdown. They know there's something wrong with the picture they're seeing.
Same as the end zone, their Gruden thread mocks us over here...and there are alot of posters who hop back and forth between here and there...
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #3186
VolsMan26

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Boro, do you think they can keep gruden under wraps until mid dec.? Fyi I don't think they can after thurs and noone is named.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #3187
patrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Florida didn't hire strong after zook was fired. Assistant coaches aren't hired when HC are fired. That's isn't being passed over.

When urban left strong was already at Louisville and had just finished his first year. He wasn't on staff to get pasted over

Strong hasn't been pasted over twice by florida!
Strong interviewed for the job twice.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #3188
'Boro-vol
Charter DeploraVol

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2for2VOL View Post
Do you think DD screwed up the plan by not making a bowl to buy time?
Didn't help. I think it was more important to get to the end of the season, but to do that you have to beat Vandy. Once we lost to MSU, I didn't think we'd make a bowl anyway.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM   #3189
Coastypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by HausVol View Post
Good Morning all, sorry I am late. Can you believe the nerve of some people wanting me to actually work this morning? I tried to tell them I had several thread pages to catch up on. I swear I don't get where peoples prioritys are these days. lol
you may need to send out resume...ha ha ha
Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #3190
CMcEver

If we even think about hiring Fedora, I'm going to slap someone... I have hated him ever since I saw him talk after SM beat Houston last year, guy reminds me too much of Dooley.
VN Likes: 2
Old 12-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #3191
BruinVol

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boro-vol View Post
Assistants get hired all the time when HC's are fired.

Phil Fulmer, Jumbo Fisher, et al.

There is a reason Charlie Strong was never considered at UF....and his head coaching record in a lackluster conference backs it up.

He very well may end up here, but if he does we'll regret it in short order.
It happens rarely but it is never an exspectation. Assistant coaches are only expected to have a fair shot at jobs when the previous coach that leaves is successful. Anybody that follows the coaching profession knows that! Fisher was the coach in waiting so using him as a example doesn't fly.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #3192
'Boro-vol
Charter DeploraVol

Quote:
Originally Posted by vol.E View Post
But I agree. I love my Springfield.. I did buy the wife a Kahr 9 mm and I have to say, I'm fairly impressed with the little bugger..
Nothing wrong with a Kahr.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #3193
yrock777

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by rltw1974 View Post
Hart need to close the deal on JG. I am at the point of giving out free hand**** at the Tennessee Welcome Center if he closes this deal!

dude?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #3194
Coastypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingOrange View Post
Same as the end zone, their Gruden thread mocks us over here...and there are alot of posters who hop back and forth between here and there...
isn't that for rabbitts....LOL
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 AM   #3195
CMcEver

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
It happens rarely but it is never an exspectation. Assistant coaches are only expected to have a fair shot at jobs when the previous coach that leaves is successful. Anybody that follows the coaching profession knows that! Fisher was the coach in waiting so using him as a example doesn't fly.
So they denied Strong, then hired Muschamp? Seems logical. UF knew what they had, they didn't want it.
Closed Thread