2081 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Page 212. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #3166
InVOLuntary

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTMBA View Post
The fairly new Bersa BP9CC is a great carry gun. Google the reviews on it and you'll find universal praise. Priced much lower than Glock - but right on par in quality.

I'll duck now while the Glockers take shots at me, lol.
I bought the Bersa Thunder 380 and I really like it. It is abou the most accurate handgun I have ever shot right out of the box.
VN Likes: 1
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #3167
steve328

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingOrange View Post
Im just saying, when the dooshes were looking for heads to roll from the OG's, they said to lock the JG thread because it was all "a lie"...must not be too much of a lie or a troll job, because here it is ticking along...

Signed,
All in.
Funny thing is, if you go to the recruiting forum, most of them lurk over here a lot. They talk about how we are in constant meltdown. They know there's something wrong with the picture they're seeing.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #3168
Face
VolNation Con Man

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Boro-vol View Post
All I know is that the original timeline that was expressed to me way back in October didn't have us wrapped up until mid to late December. Everything else took place pretty close the benchmarks that I heard then.

I passed all of this along back in JG I or JG II.
Do you think DD screwed up the plan by not making a bowl to buy time?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #3169
Elvis68Vol
The Tennessee Luchador

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithvol1071 View Post
Sorry guys for the question. First time on this morning. Is Strong still the buzz right now?
Unfortunately, Yes.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #3170
rltw1974

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Hart need to close the deal on JG. I am at the point of giving out free hand**** at the Tennessee Welcome Center if he closes this deal!
VN Likes: 2
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #3171
'Boro-vol
Charter DeploraVol

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
I am sure he wanted it both times but there is never an expectation to hire an assistant after the head coach is fired. The second time when urban left is the only thing close to damning for strong but that isn't nearly as bad as most suggest. He had already left florida at that point. If he had still been there then certainly that would have been a clear passing over
Assistants get hired all the time when HC's are fired.

Phil Fulmer, Jumbo Fisher, et al.

There is a reason Charlie Strong was never considered at UF....and his head coaching record in a lackluster conference backs it up.

He very well may end up here, but if he does we'll regret it in short order.
VN Likes: 8
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #3172
steve328

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Morning, Oddball.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:01 AM   #3173
vol.E

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
I know I wasn't invite to the party

Quote:
I much prefer them over the Glock. It's the only DAO gun I really care for.
But I agree. I love my Springfield.. I did buy the wife a Kahr 9 mm and I have to say, I'm fairly impressed with the little bugger..
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #3174
Elvis68Vol
The Tennessee Luchador

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltw1974 View Post
Hart need to close the deal on JG. I am at the point of giving out free hand**** at the Tennessee Welcome Center if he closes this deal!
I'm at the point that I will allow you to give out free hand**** if he closes the deal!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #3175
RagingOrange
Grude a holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILVFL View Post
Thanks Boro for the info again. I thought I somewhat remembered the original timeline being mid December from the early threads. It sucks to have to wait especially when we are all impatient and want to know who are new coach is now. At least I do. But if Gruden is announced then it will be worth waiting a bit longer. I still believe!:D
I think at this point, after friday, I realized I spent too much time here worrying about things I cant control, and missed out on family time etc. So now, I am here mostly when at work because I have a computer up all day, and I have learned to relax and let it be...my wife and kids are happier for it...

It either will or wont be Gruden...in the meantime chillax...
Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #3176
HausVol

Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV Official Jon Gruden Thread XV
Good Morning all, sorry I am late. Can you believe the nerve of some people wanting me to actually work this morning? I tried to tell them I had several thread pages to catch up on. I swear I don't get where peoples prioritys are these days. lol
Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #3177
patrick

Quote:
All I know is that the original timeline that was expressed to me way back in October didn't have us wrapped up until mid to late December. Everything else took place pretty close the benchmarks that I heard then.

I passed all of this along back in JG I or JG II.
Boro:

In my humble opinion, UT cannot under any circumstance rush this hire, whether it is Gruden or anoother coach. The last time UT did that we got Dooley and no one wants to go through that nightmare again!

Some people are talking about making a hire quickly so that the new coach can get out on the recruiting trail. Well the dead period begins on 12/17/12 and ends on 1/3/13! If UT hired a coach this week, the new coach would have at most 10-11 days to recruit. You would have to throw into the mix that the new coach would have to assemble his staff which isn't an easy task which would cut into recruiting time.

We only have to look to Alabama to see that even if you bring a coach in January, a university can have a top 5 recruiting class! Tennessee must keep its eye on the prize and if that requires having to wait until late December to "hire" a head coach then that is what must be done!!! It should also be kept in mind that one candidate has some rather large contractual issues with his current employer and possibly his prior employer!

These things take time! Neither Strong nor Gundy is "the guy"!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #3178
volgr

Quote:
Coaching circles mostly. Gruden to UT was the worst kept secret in the coaching world a week ago.....NFL and college.

Dr. Jerry Punch was saying the same thing last week.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:03 AM   #3179
Elvis68Vol
The Tennessee Luchador

Quote:
Assistants get hired all the time when HC's are fired.

Phil Fulmer, Jumbo Fisher, et al.

There is a reason Charlie Strong was never considered at UF....and his head coaching record in a lackluster conference backs it up.

He very well may end up here, but if he does we'll regret it in short order.
I'm already regretting it and he hasn't even accepted an offer yet.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #3180
Coastypop

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintLouisVol View Post
I do have one question:

I reading this forum, I have learned that at least four different coaches have a contract in hand. So, how do we know who get's the job?

Do they all just sign them and send them through the USPS and whichever one gets to Hart's desk first gets the job?

Or do they do something like that mudpit scene in the Eastwood movie "Heartbreak Ridge?" If so, I think my money is on Charlie Strong.
where did you read that? I have been here fron Gruden1 and never read that?
Closed Thread