Hart To Interview Gundy Sunday

1. Gundy
2. Strong
3. Fisher
4. Fulmer

Gundy and a good DC with SEC experience would be amazing. He has recruited great talent to freakin' Stillwater and coached up those boys--almost making the NCG last season. He is the last "miracle" hire left on the board.

Reactions: 4 people
OKState is down this yr but it was to be expected considering all they lost from last yr....he had some injuries also....still a hek of a coach and a great hire for us if we get him....

Reactions: 1 person
Gundy is not going to leave his Alma Mater and T. Boone Pickens can buy the entire Haslam empire along with every booster we have easily.

Pickens wealth > Haslam wealth by a mile!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Gundy is not going to leave his Alma Mater and T. Boone Pickens can buy the entire Haslam empire along with every booster we have easily.

Lol. You can't read his mind. Maybe he wants to move on. My theory is as good as yours

Is $200m a mile?

According to Forbes list of 400 richest Americans from Sept 2012, Pickens net worth is listed at $1.4B and Haslam is listed at $1.2B. Now obviously both have considerably higher assets but both also have gigantic liabilities.

The Richest People in America - Forbes

Reactions: 3 people
I do not understand the infatuation with Gundy. At all.

Gundy coached teams score a lot of points, with not a whole lot of talent. As I am sure you must know that the team that scores the most points wins. Gundy can win at Okie St, which again, is harder to pull talent there, then would be at UT. If he is allowed to pay money for a top DC, UT will win a lot of games.

Reactions: 1 person
Gundy coached teams score a lot of points, with not a whole lot of talent. As I am sure you must know that the team that scores the most points wins. Gundy can win at Okie St, which again, is harder to pull talent there, then would be at UT. If he is allowed to pay money for a top DC, UT will win a lot of games.

I think he would have mild success and I think he's a decent choice; but, I feel there are better options that would set Tennessee up for success much quicker.

VN Store

Back