Coaching rumor thread "Daily Cliff's Notes" **INFO ONLY - No Discussion Please**

Status
Not open for further replies.

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
If you see something important in that thread and not already posted, please do so. This will make it easy for people to quickly come in and get all the new rumors/news without having to dig through pages for one nugget.

Please, do not chat in this thread as that would destroy the purpose.

Also, please copy/paste the quote if it is from VN so that others can click and go to that thread. To go to a certain post please click the
viewpost.gif
in the quote.

Reactions: 10 people
skeeter33418 (2,298)
04:31 PM Today (#P) ( Report! )
Originally Posted by LotteryPick:
Have any idea of a time table for the hire?
No. Wouldnt be surprised if we announce a new coach with in the next few days. If i hear anything def ill pass it along. I dont think it will be Golden and personally as a fan im glad of that. It def will not be davis, again im glad of that too.

Hubbs:

Through our investigative work today, we believe that Dave Hart and Jon Gilbert (Hart's 1st Lieutenant) are interviewing a candidate today. That candidate would appear to be Charlie Strong, Al Golden, or Larry Fedora. All three coaches are done with their regular season.

Hart and Gilbert were seen heading into a private jet service building earlier this afternoon. It's unclear if an interview is being done in Knoxville or if the two flew out to do the interview. In the past, Tennessee has done interviews in those buildings. Tennessee interviewed Jeff Lebo for the basketball job in that building when they hired Buzz Peterson.

Reactions: 1 person
skeeter33418 (2,298)
04:24 PM Today (#P) ( Report! )
Originally Posted by BoseefusTheVol:
Strong is not the guy to take UT out of the dumps... big mistake.
He is more proven that Gruden at the college level. From what i am hearing, Strong is a very serious candidate to be the next coach.

Reactions: 2 people
skeeter33418 (2,300)
04:49 PM Today (#P) ( Report! )
Originally Posted by Captainzach1:
I've hears fedora turned down an interview and now a radio station out of Raleigh is floating Franklin's name....any truth to either?
Not sure. everything im hearing right now is Strong, Strong and more Strong.

Reactions: 3 people
Originally Posted by :
Hart and Executive Senior Associate Athletic Director Jon Gilbert arrived at a private jet service building earlier sometime around noon and departed. Their travels took them to a locale for at least one interview. The one interview that did happen was with Louisville head coach Charlie Strong.

Sources indicated that Tennessee may have interviewed another candidate as Hart and Gilbert were either gone or at the private jet service building until sometime between 6:45pm and 8:30pm.

If Tennessee did interview another candidate it would have likely North Carolina head coach Larry Fedora and here's why. Hart made it clear at his press conference that he would not interview a candidate who was still coaching in the regular season.

Hubbs

Reactions: 4 people
247 rumors:

"Informed sources tell us FSU coach Jimbo Fisher has become a major player at Tennessee. Sources tell us Mike Gundy, Larry Fedora, Al Golden and Bill O'Brien remain candidates. Charlie Strong is rumored to have interviewed Friday."

Dave Hart could not have interviewed Larry Fedora in the time frame that Hubbs states. Inside Carolina confirms that Larry Fedora, and other UNC football staff members, were mingling with high school coaches at the NCHSAA Championships last night.

Last edited:
VolRumorMill on twitter: "Just learned that Hart is scheduled to meet with Jimbo Fisher on Monday in NY or mutually agreed upon location."

I don't know how to copy link's on this tablet, but just read on sec rumor's that ut has reached out to dabo swinney in the past hour, clemson's coach if i spelled wrong

Reactions: 3 people
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today*4:04*PM
Guys I'm hearing from some pretty good sources*
that Jimbo Fisher is a much bigger player than a lot of people thought, in fact the trigger could be pulled anytime. Stay tuned, Josh and crew is working on this as we speak.
PUBLISHER: James Bryant
EMAIL: AStateNation@gmail.com
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/AStateNation

@JaysonSwain: SOURCE: "If Strong comes a group of bigtime prospects will come to UT together.It would be crazy" - On possibility of hiring Charlie Strong.

Reactions: 13 people
Per Hubbs,

Hart will interview Gundy tomorrow and Fisher possibly Monday. Those close to Strong said he felt his interview with Hart went very well.

Reactions: 5 people
@footballscoop: For a few reasons we can't confirm the names we're hearing; but assuming they are accurate, Tennessee meeting w quality college HCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back