Nov. 26 - Jackson's Top-12

Jax_Vol

We have a dead period in recruiting from Dec 18 – Jan 3. So if you are going to be the new head coach at Tennessee , you want to get started asap right? However, you do have to fulfill your obligation to your current school for a conference title game. After that, you can depart prior to the bowl game. That is typically considered to be acceptable timing. So, using that logic, perhaps we can nail things down a bit:

Leading candidates who are available this week:
Jon Gruden
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullin
Will Muschamp
Dabo Sweeny

Leading candidates who are available starting next week:
David Shaw
Bob Stoops
Gary Patterson
Jimbo Fisher
Mike Gundy
Charlie Strong
Jim Mora Jr.

Guys I wish we would quit talking about:
Al Golden
James Franklin
Butch Jones
Art Briles
Tommy Tubberville
Sonny Dykes
Jim Tressel
Bobby Petrino
Kirby Smartt
Kliff Kingsbury
Sean Payton
Butch Davis

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
Fire hart, hire Harris.

It's been foretold he would restore balance to the force.

In all seriousness I agree on all points except Dabo. Guy has to be dirty.

Fire hart, hire Harris.

It's been foretold he would restore balance to the force.

In all seriousness I agree on all points except Dabo. Guy has to be dirty.

I agree...Dabo's recruiting seems to involve a suitcase full of cash. How he ever pulled Sammy Watkins is beyond me?

We have a dead period in recruiting from Dec 18 – Jan 3. So if you are going to be the new head coach at Tennessee , you want to get started asap right? However, you do have to fulfill your obligation to your current school for a conference title game. After that, you can depart prior to the bowl game. That is typically considered to be acceptable timing. So, using that logic, perhaps we can nail things down a bit:

Jon Gruden
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullin
Will Muschamp
Dabo Sweeny

David Shaw
Bob Stoops
Gary Patterson
Jimbo Fisher
Mike Gundy
Charlie Strong
Jim Mora Jr.

Al Golden
James Franklin
Butch Jones
Art Briles
Tommy Tubberville
Sonny Dykes
Jim Tressel
Bobby Petrino
Kirby Smartt
Kliff Kingsbury
Sean Payton

Pretty sure his name has been mentioned in every list we've talked about. Also...WHY IN THE HECK WOULD YOU WANT THAT GUY???

Reactions: 1 person

Jon Gruden
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullin
Will Muschamp
Dabo Sweeny

David Shaw
Bob Stoops
Gary Patterson
Jimbo Fisher
Mike Gundy
Charlie Strong
Jim Mora Jr.

Al Golden
James Franklin
Butch Jones
Art Briles
Tommy Tubberville
Sonny Dykes
Jim Tressel
Bobby Petrino
Kirby Smartt
Kliff Kingsbury
Sean Payton

Lol. Makes sense...

Reactions: 3 people
If it's not announced this week, I highly believe it'll be Jimbo.

Me too...if we proceed for 3-4 days with no news....which I think we will, you can eliminate those first five from the list. Then I think it is either Jimbo or Patterson announced middle of next week.

If I was Dave Hart, I would be in Eugene Oregon this morning showing this right here to Chip Kelly...$5 million in cold hard cash....double his currrent salary. He has no ties to Eugene.

images

Tressel should not even be talked about. That guy can't coach anywhere next year.

Lol. Makes sense...

If you can't beat him, hire him away. He only has a $500,000 buyout. That is the same amount that we paid La Tech for Dooley. Muschamp is making $2.4 million this year. Just pay whatever it takes to get him. Money talks.

Add Butch Davis to that list, he seems to be cleared of NCAA stuff at UNC, and he has tons of NFL/NCAA experience, he was HC at Miami when they were dominant, he was HC of the Browns and UNC.

Add Butch Davis to that list, he seems to be cleared of NCAA stuff at UNC, and he has tons of NFL/NCAA experience, he was HC at Miami when they were dominant, he was HC of the Browns and UNC.

Ok, I added him to the list under the ones I don't want. Sorry, at this point in his career, I just don't think Butch is the answer for us.

If you can't beat him, hire him away. He only has a $500,000 buyout. That is the same amount that we paid La Tech for Dooley. Muschamp is making $2.4 million this year. Just pay whatever it takes to get him. Money talks.

And as soon as we do that, Florida says OK and offers him a contract extension for the same amount. Its probably in the works already... Dude is not leaving Florida unless he gets fired. I wouldn't either... Probably the best job in the country in terms of competing for championships, recruiting base, resources, ect.. Sucks, but its hard to argue that. Easy job..

Jon Gruden
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullin
Will Muschamp
Dabo Sweeny

David Shaw
Bob Stoops
Gary Patterson
Jimbo Fisher
Mike Gundy
Charlie Strong
Jim Mora Jr.

Al Golden
James Franklin
Butch Jones
Art Briles
Tommy Tubberville
Sonny Dykes
Jim Tressel
Bobby Petrino
Kirby Smartt
Kliff Kingsbury
Sean Payton
Butch Davis

There are at least 5 guys on your "I wish we'd stop talking about list" better than Jimbo or Dabo.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Jon Gruden
Chip Kelly
Dan Mullin
Will Muschamp
Dabo Sweeny

David Shaw
Bob Stoops
Gary Patterson
Jimbo Fisher
Mike Gundy
Charlie Strong
Jim Mora Jr.

Al Golden
James Franklin
Butch Jones
Art Briles
Tommy Tubberville
Sonny Dykes
Jim Tressel
Bobby Petrino
Kirby Smartt
Kliff Kingsbury
Sean Payton
Butch Davis

The one guy you don't have on there is my plan B if not Gruden

There are at least 5 guys on your "I wish we'd stop talking about list" better than Jimbo or Dabo.

Beef,
I like Jimbo at 29-10. Dabo is admittedly not in my top-10...a lot of guys would have to say no to $5 million before we would get to him. However, he is 39-21.

Who you got?

James Franklin
Tommy Tubberville
Bobby Petrino
Sean Payton
Butch Davis

Butch Jones probably as well.

Beef, You like the naughty naughty coaches don't you? Surprised you passed on Tressel.

Well, you may be right. I would take Franklin from that group. Would swallow some pride. Tubberville is a retread. Petrino and Payton are too dirty for me. Butch Davis is a retread. I'm not yet convinced on Butch Jones. How did he lose to Dooley?

VN Store

Back