Stoops contacted...

Ha. Could you imagine us hiring Lane back? Yeah freakin right.

Stoops, Mora Jr.? Sure. Lane? No way.

I think Kiffin's name was only mentioned as reference when describing the thrashing Mora's UCLA squad put on his USC squad, not as a suggestiin that we would consider hiring him again.

Reactions: 1 person
Article doesn't confirm stoops has contacted us. Far from it

BruinVol, if you are looking for confirmed information, you are on the wrong site.

From the article:

"Knoxville radio shows quickly hit the airwaves after the announcement that UT was talking to Bob Stoops, currently coach at Oklahoma, Jim Mora Jr., coach at UCLA, which on Saturday blasted Southern Cal and former Vol coach Lane Kiffin, and ESPN football analyst and former NFL coach Jon Gruden.

It was being reported that Stoops contacted UT through "back channels.""

Reactions: 4 people
BruinVol, if you are looking for confirmed information, you are on the wrong site.

From the article:

"Knoxville radio shows quickly hit the airwaves after the announcement that UT was talking to Bob Stoops, currently coach at Oklahoma, Jim Mora Jr., coach at UCLA, which on Saturday blasted Southern Cal and former Vol coach Lane Kiffin, and ESPN football analyst and former NFL coach Jon Gruden.

I agree but when a newspaper says contact was made by a school or candidate it usually is perceived with some degree of truthfulness. However all this article says is that it was said on the radio. Doesn't mean it isn't true but not nearly as earth shattering if a reporter was actually reporting it as truth.

If this is true the prospects for hiring a new coach just got a lot better. Especially if Stoops initiated it. I would take Gruden, Peterson, and Paterson over him. But Stoops as the next coach of the Vols certainly wouldn't upset me.

Reactions: 1 person
I think he has been there about 10 or 12 years before that was at Florida for 3 years and before that Kansas State. (DC I think)

I agree but when a newspaper says contact was made by a school or candidate it usually is perceived with some degree of truthfulness. However all this article says is that it was said on the radio. Doesn't mean it isn't true but not nearly as earth shattering if a reporter was actually reporting it as truth.

I don't know if it is true or not. I had not heard nor read that anywhere until this.

I am confused by your reply... A reporter reported that it was reported...so uh...whatever.

Anybody else hear it anywhere?

I don't know if it is true or not. I had not heard nor read that anywhere until this.

I am confused by your reply... A reporter reported that it was reported...so uh...whatever.

Anybody else hear it anywhere?

The reporter said it was on the radio. Didn't say who said it on he radio. Could have been anybody. Zero credibility to the assumption that stoops contacted us which is what I was trying to say in the first post

From the article:

Am I the only one who reads this in Hank Hills voice?

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back