3186 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Official Jon Gruden Thread VII Page 528. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Originally Posted by Lexvol Silent. What is your interpretation of that? Apologies if you have addressed this before... ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2012, 12:53 PM   #7906 (permalink)
@aVolForLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexvol View Post
Silent.
What is your interpretation of that? Apologies if you have addressed this before...
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #7907 (permalink)
Bama Sux

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperHead_Vol View Post
I don't think that this forum has any direct communication features. Private messaging got removed some time back.
I do not have a readily available e-mail account that i would be willing to post here. Grab you a yahoo or gmail account and post it up and I would be glad to follow up with you.

CH_V
Aye. Be back with in less than 48hrs. Thanks.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #7908 (permalink)
Beautiful Disaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinVol View Post
Ok is there any other explanation why Hart hasn't made an announcement than he has his coach in place and doesn't want to answer questions???

The players have already been told is the belief???

So the excuse that delaying the announcement helps the team in their quest for bowl eligibility makes zero since the players already know.

Sorry nothing new here just the longer I think about it the more I think there is no other explanation.

Dooley told the players "There is a very very slim chance I will still be your coach next year" and got emotional. He said "I am gone" without saying "I am gone".
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #7909 (permalink)
Moooooon River...

Quote:
Originally Posted by daj2576 View Post
What is your interpretation of that? Apologies if you have addressed this before...
Calm before the storm.

Buckle in, dis gon be gud.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:54 PM   #7910 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247VOL365 View Post
terrifying, especially when you're raising a girl.
i have a 5 yr old little girl
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #7911 (permalink)
The Electric Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexvol View Post
100%. I'm done fighting it.
I'm going with Lex.
Lex would have 100% credibility even if he only had one post due to his avatar alone.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #7912 (permalink)
@aVolForLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcartervol98 View Post
The people I know (and Knew from those let go by Hart) all mentioned these things to me and others I work with personally before the media was reporting it. We knew Wilcox was gone way before reported, but had to get some things done. Also knew Kiffin was in town and met with Hammy and Boosters the weekend after Fulmer was let go and was basically offered the job. Da'rick was released after going OFF on the staff after being ruled ineligible for the NC State game. The drug test did not get him kicked off the team, his reaction to a 1 game suspension did. As far as Wilcox it was known a long time before announced that he would leave for even a lateral position out west. He did not like Knoxville and the East TN area at all.

I wasn't posting on VN much before then. I probably had 150-200 posts lifetime before this season.

I do not know as many people now, most in the AD I knew are no longer there. I knew them through frequenting my business and the services we provide to the Athletic Department. When Hammy was there information flowed fairly freely, but almost all the Gruden stuff on here is not from the AD, it is from the money side of things. Money talks to money and I am not money. I got a few tidbits here and there, but nothing I felt comfortable to post after Gruden turned down the initial offer. After that my guys have been silent. Skeeter and LWS are both huge AD contact guys, and look at their reports. Then look at the others that people are believing in. They are all tied to Boosters imo.

Hart is letting the money do the work and he will swoop in and make his "career making" hire. He is keeping it quiet, especially internally, which is why I say Ainge, Basilio, and the others are not as keyed in as they used to be because Hart is not allowing it.

Boro, DTO, Jay, Lex, and others have been fairly forthright in their prognostications and I hope they are as keyed in to what is going on as I felt like I was then Hammy ran the show.
I appreciate your candid post. I guess the problem is finding those people whom I trust. I haven't really been on here long comparatively, and I just started getting really interested in this site this season. So to me, it is all just a cacophony of information, and most of it seems to be misinformation. The problem is, I do not believe that every third poster (yes, that is hyperbole) has some sort of inside scoop as reading threads like these would leave you to believe.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #7913 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
...and it feels goo to have a MARINE as my "not a troll" body guard!!!

I'm honored!!!
Haha, I was going to say that he asked for you and nobody had ever heard of you.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #7914 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP View Post
What did you get?
carry out buffet from tokyo&mandarin in Halls. Gen Tso, teriyaki chicken, coconut chicken lo mein and 3 crab rangoon.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:56 PM   #7915 (permalink)

Cowher Or Ryan To Cats? Gruden To Vols Or Hogs? Lombardi To Tigers? Making Sense Of The Nonsense

Quote:
Everybody thinks Gruden love ‘em. Everybody. Over the past four years Gruden’s agent has floated more rumors than Goodyear has floated blimps. College jobs, pro jobs, Gruden’s always “a done deal” somewhere. Currently he’s a done deal — depending on who you ask — to land at Arkansas, Tennessee, the Philadelphia Eagles, the Cleveland Browns and the Dallas Cowboys.

Now, having said all of that, Gruden does have some ties to the UT job. And he’s most definitely atop the Rocky Top wish list. Gruden was a grad assistant at Tennessee in the 1980s under Johnny Majors, who remains a friend to the coach. He met and married a Tennessee cheerleader while on the Volunteer staff. Her family is still living in the Knoxville area. So who knows what the family pull for Gruden might be regarding the UT job (the one that’s currently filled by Derek Dooley, by the way)?

Gruden has actually spoken to Tennessee officials during previous UT searches. While the messageboards have lit up with talk of contract agreements and announcements — it was actually rumored that Gruden would announce he’d accepted the UT job during “Monday Night Football” a few weeks back! — the biggest of big boosters knew then and know now that Gruden is a dream hire, a long shot. That doesn’t mean they aren’t working on him to this day.

In fact, an industry source told us yesterday that Gruden-to-Tennessee isn’t dead yet. That source and a source close to the UT athletic department have both told MrSEC.com that Gruden’s monetary demands have dropped a bit over the past few weeks. (In case you’re wondering, while Dooley said Monday that he’d been told by AD Dave Hart that no decision had been made about his future, we’ve learned that staff members close to Dooley already know that the die has indeed been cast.)

One of the sources we spoke with did throw out the caveat that an NFL club approaching Gruden with a bigger pile of money might lead “Chucky” to walk away at the last minute and leave Tennessee weeping at the altar.
Quote:
The other rumor that seems to make some sense is the Gruden-to-Tennessee talk. We at MrSEC.com know there has been communication between the two parties. We know that there are family issues that could tug at Gruden’s heart strings. We know that Tennessee’s power brokers are fully aware that he’s the only “home run” candidate who would please 99% of a currently deflated Vol fanbase. And we’ve also been told his cash demands have dropped a bit.

But on a scale of 1-10, we still give the chances of Gruden taking over in Knoxville a three at best. The man coached in the college ranks from 1986 through 1989 and has spent that last 20+ years coaching or broadcasting pro games. Plus, higher-paying NFL clubs are reportedly looking at him, too. (Ironically, the same Haslam family that just bought the Cleveland Browns has long been the biggest benefactor of UT’s athletic department).

Anything is possible.
VN Likes: 4
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #7916 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange parmejohn View Post
me too. kindergartner.
VN Likes: 1
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 PM   #7917 (permalink)
Mmmm...sacrelicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange parmejohn View Post
4 yo myself. Starting school next year. It goes WAY too fast.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #7918 (permalink)
Burning time on this site

Ryan and Cowher to Kentucky are laughable. Haven't heard anyone even come close to mentioning that.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #7919 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by daj2576 View Post
Perhaps you are correct.

I am just very dubious.
I also think that all of those other instances were important, but this is a whole other ball of wax.

It is not just about Gruden. As fans, I think everybody has learned a lot about how important the right coach is, and we all feel as though we have slipped out of relevance because we have not made the best coaching hires.

For fans, there is a lot at stake and Gruden represents the notion that the AD and university are serious about fixing it.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #7920 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 247VOL365 View Post
carry out buffet from tokyo&mandarin in Halls. Gen Tso, teriyaki chicken, coconut chicken lo mein and 3 crab rangoon.
Yum!
Closed Thread