New forum: Coaching Rumors and Speculation

Will that forum be deleted when we find a new coach?

Rumors will never end in Tenessee until one / all of the 3 happens

1, Lovie Smith really catches his flight and comes to coach in knoxville

2, Gruden either becomes a coach or sells his land in Tennessee

3, Shannon retires from everything football

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
THANK YOU FREAK :hi: Getting way too hard to find relevant info, with all the BS that's being posted in every other thread.

Reactions: 2 people
Props on a great idea, Freak! Maybe the football forum won't be such a bloodbath every time we lose now.

We can’t pull the plug on Dooley at this point.

Several reasons:

1. I think it looks like he’s building something. If you think it’s not important to build a program versus a win now attitude, see Auburn.

2. He represents my university well and handles off field issues with the program in mind.

3. Recruiting -- This guy has been pissing up a rope with something to sell and is still getting good players. Does he need more, YES. He is a really good recruiter and if we can turn the corner, it will really take off. Not to mention that if you run off Dooley then more than likely great recruiters like Hinshaw and mainly Jay Graham go to(Graham was a stud as a player and even better as a coach).

4. Next year - Holy ****!!!! Talk about next year. Here is Dave Hart’s conversation with prospective coaches: “Coach, we would really like for you to come coach our team next year. We just had our best 6 players(Bray, Hunter, CP, Juwan James, Maurice Couch and Big Dan) go pro early. Plus you get to road trip to Eugene to play the Ducks, Gainesville to play the Gators and Tuscaloosa to play the Tide. For all that we want you to leave *****(insert any hot assistant because no current head coach would take these circumstances) to come to UT to coach for a passionate but unrealistic fan base who will give you a very short leash and $2.2 million. Sound good?” Coaches response, “Thanks but GFY”.

At this point, most of our good players will come back. Bray’s not ready, Patterson is a freak but he’s not really ready. Hunter isn’t ready either but he’s got a small child so even being a third rounder will help his situation. I think the other guys mentioned above do come back if there is no coaching chance. Dooley has us in the lead for the top running back in the country, leading for the #2 wide receiver in the country and leading for a home grown DB that is a difference maker. The 2014 class could be really special and expedite the building process but a new coach and new staff will have to build all new relationships with Akeem Copperwood, the Berry Brothers, Dylan Bates and Todd Kelly, Jr. which means it would be highly unlikely that we get any of them.

If Dooley is gone after this year, I think we take another step back and that’s not what anybody wants.

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back