1406 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on McClure Reinstated. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. McClure reinstated to team By Associated Press September 29, 2004 Tennessee tight end Victor McClure has been reinstated to the ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2004, 10:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

McClure reinstated to team
By Associated Press
September 29, 2004

Tennessee tight end Victor McClure has been reinstated to the team after being suspended since August following a domestic dispute with his girlfriend, coach Phillip Fulmer said Wednesday.

McClure, a senior from Hixson, was slated to be a starter until he was involved in two incidents over the summer. He also missed part of preseason practice with a shoulder injury.

Advertisement

An argument between McClure and his girlfriend in August drew police to the scene. She told police McClure broke out her apartment windows and pushed her into a wall before taking a piece of glass and cutting his wrist. She had a cut lip but refused medical care and to press charges.

Earlier this summer, McClure was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest after a bizarre incident at the school's student recreation building that also involved his girlfriend. Police said he shoved a professor, tried to pull another woman down the stairs and ran around the lobby while throwing his shorts in the air.

At the time, Fulmer blamed an undisclosed "medical condition" for McClure's outburst.

"His medical issues have been addressed by a team of doctors and his medication and counseling will continue," Fulmer said Wednesday. "Everyone in the process felt that a return to normal activity, including football, would be a plus for him."
Old 09-29-2004, 11:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
VN GURU

Just in time for Auburn.

"Garth, marriage is punishment for shoplifting in some countries." -Wayne Campbell
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-01-2004, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
VolNation's Grand Poobah

Good for him, let's hope he can get "well".
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-02-2004, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Naked in a tree

I thought i had issues!!!! whoa!!! :beer:

Meet me at the book burning.
Reply With Quote TOP