3209 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Jon Gruden thread (merged) Page 7. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Re Gruden, not to mention the NFL to 1st college coaching gig model's success record is so atrocious, I mean ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #91 (permalink)

Re Gruden, not to mention the NFL to 1st college coaching gig model's success record is so atrocious, I mean so bad it's hard to believe, that advocating for people like cowher and gruden is absurd. Especially when you consider there are proven successes like Johnso, Patterson, Peterson, etc who are attainable
Old 09-17-2012, 02:58 AM   #92 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols4life View Post
being a bucs fan I saw what gruden did first hand driving my bucs into the ground after what dungy had built up....no thanks
That settles it. Dungy it is, lol.
VN Likes: 1
Old 09-17-2012, 03:10 AM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukvols View Post
That settles it. Dungy it is, lol.
He was responsible for the success of that offense. I also think we should add Jim Caldwell to the list. He took the Colts to the Super Bowl without saying a word on the sideline the entire season. But we should give Gannon all the credit for the success that Gruden had in Oakland. And Tampa has won so much , Gruden deserves no respect for anything.

Last edited by Vol2424; 09-17-2012 at 03:16 AM..
Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #94 (permalink)

Gruden is enjoying his easy life and so is his wife.

He's making BIG money and not having to work very hard for it.

He has more time for family but still gewts his football fix with his job.

He's NOT going anywhere as long as he can keep his easy job.

He would go back to the NFL long before he'd think about college football where he can hire or draft his players instead of have to recruit and beg 17 yr old kids to come play for him.

CDD isn't going anywhere anyway so this new coach speculation is silly.

VFL...GBO!!!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:18 AM   #95 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Vols4life;7245054]being a bucs fan I saw what gruden did first hand driving my bucs into the ground after what dungy had built up....no thanks[/QU. my evil twin
Old 09-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan&Volfan4life View Post
Gruden is enjoying his easy life and so is his wife.

He's making BIG money and not having to work very hard for it.

He has more time for family but still gewts his football fix with his job.

He's NOT going anywhere as long as he can keep his easy job.

He would go back to the NFL long before he'd think about college football where he can hire or draft his players instead of have to recruit and beg 17 yr old kids to come play for him.

CDD isn't going anywhere anyway so this new coach speculation is silly.

VFL...GBO!!!
THE Volnation should start boycotting Pilot STores. If Jimmy Haslam has over 1 Billion to waste on the Browns, he can surely throw a few Million to HIS University. You want instant cred, take a blank check to Gruden, tell him to fill out for "whatever" amount for a 4-5 year contract. And go on with life.
To be honest, I dont know if it works. I did think the 32M Saban contract was insane, looks kinda smart in hind sight.
If you want to return to tip 10 consistant status, get the recruits needed to be there.............this is the quickest way.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:23 AM   #97 (permalink)
SDV
Wants It

Haslam hates us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advol View Post
THE Volnation should start boycotting Pilot STores. If Jimmy Haslam has over 1 Billion to waste on the Browns, he can surely throw a few Million to HIS University. You want instant cred, take a blank check to Gruden, tell him to fill out for "whatever" amount for a 4-5 year contract. And go on with life.
To be honest, I dont know if it works. I did think the 32M Saban contract was insane, looks kinda smart in hind sight.
If you want to return to tip 10 consistant status, get the recruits needed to be there.............this is the quickest way.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #98 (permalink)
I LIKE TURTLES

hay ivtec jrod, you work close with cheez-it so answer me this. How in the Heck do they get that big cheesy taste in that little cracker, i mean really? Thank you in advance.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:02 AM   #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivtec_jrod View Post
I work for Kellogg's who makes Cheez-It. Cheez-It is a major sponsor for College Game Day. We brought Herbstreit to my office in Bentonville, AR today where he did a Q&A for an hour, then signed autographs, and allowed our employees and their families take photos with him. After that his handlers rushed him over to Bentonville High School where he was the MC for the 7 on 7 tourney over there.

The people I work with are predominantly Arkansas, Oklahoma, or Missouri fans. He gave a few of the Kansas fans a hard time. I'm the lone Louisville fan in the office, so I could only ask one question during the Q&A. My question was, "In the BCS Era the Big East has outperformed the ACC by a wide margin in BCS Bowl games. Why, then, does the media give the ACC such a free pass while constantly bashing the Big East?"

Before he answered he said "Nobody is recording this session, right? No cell phones or iPhones or anything like that?" Everybody kind of laughed, but that led me to believe that anything he said that could possibly be construed as negative towards the ACC would get him in hot water. Anyway, he said that if everybody saw what he sees week in and week out it would be so obvious that the Big East isn't a BCS caliber conference. He said if the conference was so good why would Syracuse, Pitt, West Virginia, Miami, BC, and Virginia Tech all leave. He flat out said, (and I quote) "The Big East is a joke." His point is that it is a basketball conference and controlled by the basketball schools and that it's a sinking ship. He asked me who my team was and I responded "Louisville." He said that Jurich was the best AD in the country and that Louisville is a team on the teetering on the precipice right now and they need to get out of the Big East fast...really fast.

There were questions about the Petrino ordeal at Arkansas. He said that John L. was the perfect hire. His personality and antics will keep the media's interest and keep them from rehashing that embarrassing Petrino saga over and over and over again. He said Petrino will turn up somewhere because he's a great coach. He didn't know anything more than that.

In response to the question, "Who will be the next coach at Arkansas?" he responded that he was with John Gruden at a Kenny Chesney concert a few weeks ago. From that conversation he got the distinct impression Gruden was itching to get back into coaching, and it will most likely be at the college level. He said he didn't think Arkansas would be attractive enough for him, but he mentioned that the Tennessee job, should it come open, would be attractive to Gruden. 15 minutes later when asked about coaches on the hot seat he mentioned that the Tennessee coach was most at risk this year. Interesting...
Did the article come from The National Enquirer ???Come on
Old 09-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #100 (permalink)

I would take Pete Carroll over Gruden, just me though
Old 09-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #101 (permalink)
VFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by omghulkhands View Post
Either is 100% fine with me
Old 09-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #102 (permalink)

What the hell is the obsession with Gruden anyways? I guarantee if he had married a Gator cheerleader his name would never come up.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:14 AM   #103 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fade route View Post
So, Corona Extra presented Gruden with the script for the commercial, and Gruden himself said "Wait, I know this doesn't include Knoxville in it, but I'm going to add it because I want to send a secret message to all Tennessee fans that I think their school is special and I might want to coach there if the opportunity arises. Ya'll ok with that, Corona Extra?"

LOL
I see what you did there, but I do believe the Knoxville bit has to do with input from Gruden. I don't think it's because he wants to come coach here, I just think he likes Knoxville.
Old 09-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #104 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by omghulkhands View Post
Yeah, Gruden's more of an NFL guy. He doesn't know how to spend the $$$ to get the great recruits into Knoxville like Carroll would.
VN Likes: 2
Old 09-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #105 (permalink)
livesTrong

Hire Gruden and bring back chief.....
Closed Thread