UT fans in Virginia- help get your UT license plate

utvolpj

Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
onecol-license-va.jpg

So it looks like there is finally a group collecting the money and applications for a UT license plate in Virginia. You can read about how to join in by going here:

http://web.utk.edu/~utaa/email/110715-valicense.html

So far there have been 75 people sign up and 350 are required for the state to make the plate. All applications must be submitted at one time and paid with one check. Cost is $25 for a non-personalized plate and $35 for personalized (this is in addition to your regular registration)

Please let anyone you know who might be interested that this is available. If you're like me you've been wanting this for a while so let's make it happen

Thanks for posting this. A friend of mine has done some legwork trying to help get this off the ground. It would be nice to see some Power Ts on some plates up here!

Reactions: 1 person
well this should take much of the work out. Getting the orders/money together will be the hardest part

onecol-license-va.jpg

so it looks like there is finally a group collecting the money and applications for a ut license plate in virginia. You can read about how to join in by going here:

http://web.utk.edu/~utaa/email/110715-valicense.html

so far there have been 75 people sign up and 350 are required for the state to make the plate. All applications must be submitted at one time and paid with one check. Cost is $25 for a non-personalized plate and $35 for personalized (this is in addition to your regular registration)

please let anyone you know who might be interested that this is available. If you're like me you've been wanting this for a while so let's make it happen

so how we get this down here in north carolina!!!! Been wanting something to happen for awhile now....any suggestions?!?!

Thanks for posting this. A friend of mine has done some legwork trying to help get this off the ground. It would be nice to see some Power Ts on some plates up here!

I'm in on the basic white plate with the Power T for a Tennessee plate... My favorite Tennessee Vols plate is the one from Georgia with the Power T.

GBO!

Yeah...2 years ago UT tried to add a checkerboard plate>>>had to have like 1750 pre-purchased plate...bought 1 but they was never able to get enough to buy...so REFUND...hated it...really would like to get the checkerboard plate

My wife went to UK and she supported a similar movement by them in Virginia a short while ago. They didn't get the 350 signatures...

My wife went to UK and she supported a similar movement by them in Virginia a short while ago. They didn't get the 350 signatures...

it's not signatures, it is having to write one check for all 350 applications at one time. That's why I'm trying to get the word out about the UT one

:bump3:

just one more chance to get more eyes on it

Shared this in another thread a week or two ago but glad you gave it it's own thread. Kinda disappointed that the number is only at 75 so far though.

Shared this in another thread a week or two ago but glad you gave it it's own thread. Kinda disappointed that the number is only at 75 so far though.

I believe it's just lack of exposure. You can't tell me there are less than 350 UT fans in Bristol

I believe it's just lack of exposure. You can't tell me there are less than 350 UT fans in Bristol

There are lots in Bristol, Abingdon, and Gate City. Back in the day there were more UT plates, stickers, and flags than even Va Tech or UVA here. Now, the trend is that damned script "A" of bummer. I hate bandwagons. Sorry, another thread.

I agree, not a ton over here by the water but between SW VA and the alumni associations of Richmond and Nova, this shouldn't be too difficult.

I'm getting this onto my Facebook page. There will be at least three coming out of my family, four if my brother decides he would want one.

I'm getting this onto my Facebook page. There will be at least three coming out of my family, four if my brother decides he would want one.
thanks. I'm going to sit down this weekend and try to figure out some other stuff. Have quite a few UT friends on fb too so hopefully they can help

There are lots in Bristol, Abingdon, and Gate City. Back in the day there were more UT plates, stickers, and flags than even Va Tech or UVA here. Now, the trend is that damned script "A" of bummer. I hate bandwagons. Sorry, another thread.

There are more than 350 here in Marion.

Wow, only $25 extra? That doesn't sound too high. I agree that in the northeast part of Tennessee there should be more than enough fans across the state line to get to 350.

I mean, if Georgia Tech can get enough to have their own plate in Tennessee, UT should more than easily reach 350 in Virginia.

Update on the drive of a Tennessee license plate in Virginia. We refunded the money to all those that pre-paid before Dec. 1 of last year. However, we haven't given up hope. We are currently only taking commitments to buy a plate.

Here is a refresher on what is going on:

-We need 350 pre-paid applications before DMV will start making the Power T plates.
-Currently, we are only taking commitments for plates (no money or applications).
-Our commitment list is now up to 266
-If/When we get to 350, further guidance will be sent to those who have made a commitment on how to proceed with money and applications.
-There is a link to UT license plate website, which in turn has many FAQ's - http://web.utk.edu/~utaa/email/110715-valicense2
-To commit, have a car licensed in VA and send an e-mail to richmond.va.vols@gmail.com
-Please spread the word to those that you think would want a plate in VA. Don't wait until they have been made, because if we don't get to 350, you will be waiting forever.

Visit our facebook page - Tennessee Vols License Plate for more updates as we go along.

This is going to happen, we just need your help.

VN Store

Back