UT ranked 28 in SOS last year??

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Probably because we had pretty easy OOC opponents last year. Our conference schedule was up there with anyone's, but the OOC games -- Cincinnati excluded -- were basically glorified scrimmages.

We played the 3 best teams in the east, and the 3 best teams in the west, of the best conference in the league. It seems like you can't get much tougher of a schedule.

Reactions: 1 person
We played the 3 best teams in the east, and the 3 best teams in the west, of the best conference in the league. It seems like you can't get much tougher of a schedule.

Like I said, our conference schedule was probably up there with anybody else's in the entire country. It was just the OOC games that were the problem.

Georgia in the Top10 is a joke!! lol Do these guys even watch college football?

Like I said, our conference schedule was probably up there with anybody else's in the entire country. It was just the OOC games that were the problem.

They played Coastal Carolina and New Mexico St... Not much better IMO... Not enough to justify a harder schedule than playing LSU BAMA and ARK

also Boise St. and Ga tech were the other 2... That still not enough to rank them that high...

How is LSU's schedule harder than Ole Miss?

Ole Miss plays Texas and LSU

LSU plays Washington?

This website even has NC ST and Vandy ranked higher than UT overall. Who writes this ****, Clay Travis?

Reactions: 2 people
They played Coastal Carolina and New Mexico St... Not much better IMO... Not enough to justify a harder schedule than playing LSU BAMA and ARK

The formula doesn't seem to take into account FCS opponents, and also considers games played at home, away, and at a neutral site. Georgia's other two OOC opponents were Boise State at a neutral site and Georgia Tech in Atlanta.

Doesnt seem right to me. I remember at several games last year they showed a statistic that said according to the ncaa we had the #1 hardest schedule in the nation.

The 3 best teams in the nation at one point. That competition will serve us well as we begin our "Takeover".

The formula doesn't seem to take into account FCS opponents, and also considers games played at home, away, and at a neutral site. Georgia's other two OOC opponents were Boise State at a neutral site and Georgia Tech in Atlanta.

Even so... How does that make them 18 spots higher than a team that played both of the teams in the National championship game?? The Formula is F'ed up IMO

Even so... How does that make them 18 spots higher than a team that played both of the teams in the National championship game?? The Formula is F'ed up IMO

Because Georgia also played two postseason games that bumped their SOS rating up. Playing LSU and Michigan State at what the formula considers neutral sites bumped up the rating for them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Chill People! Those are SOS Power rankings based on performance. Although we had a very tough schedule i think we can all agree that we did not perform very well against that schedule and the teams you see ranked higher obviously did.

Doesnt seem right to me. I remember at several games last year they showed a statistic that said according to the ncaa we had the #1 hardest schedule in the nation.

On a weekly basis is schedule strength calculated. And finally, at seadons end. We had to be near the top after mid-season. Kentucky had to knock us down a peg. Vandy and Cincy being bowl teams had to give us a boost conversely.

I post this every season:

Ask the head coaches at Boise, Mich, USC, Ohio St., Okla, Oregon, FL. State, Wisc, Clemson, etc. if they would care to change schedules with TN????

Guess what the answer would be!

VN Store

Back