Poole Among McShay's Best UFA Signings

I wish Poole nothing but the best, I've never understood some of the hate he's received from some people on here, absolutely unwarranted IMO. (not directed at anyone here, just a general statement)

Reactions: 1 person
I wish Poole nothing but the best, I've never understood some of the hate he's received from some people on here, absolutely unwarranted IMO. (not directed at anyone here, just a general statement)

There is a huge difference between people stating the obvious and "hate". Alot of people saw Poole as a below average SEC running back and voiced their opinion of that fact. Maybe I missed something but that's what I saw and that's not hate.

Reactions: 5 people

I am with you, man. Tauren always gave his best. While he wasn't an outstanding back, he was still decent and couldn't help that the line couldn't block the wind last year.

There is a huge difference between people stating the obvious and "hate". Alot of people saw Poole as a below average SEC running back and voiced their opinion of that fact. Maybe I missed something but that's what I saw and that's not hate.

Arian Foster VN flashback for me...

Arian Foster VN flashback for me...
Alot of people genuinely didn't like AF his senior year because they thought he laid down on the team and CPF and then acted a fool with the media. AF was already on a short leash with the fans due to a couple of very inopportune fumbles. Poole on the other hand was generally well liked by most fans even the ones like myself that didn't think he was very good. Am I wrong?

"Tennessee RB Tauren Poole -- Carolina Panthers
I'm surprised some team didn't take a chance on Poole in the draft. I like his vision and patience as a runner, and while he doesn't have elite size or speed, Poole's hands are solid and he's willing to contribute in run support. It will be interesting to see how Carolina's depth chart shakes out with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart on the roster, but no legitimate No. 3 back. I give Poole a good chance to make the regular-season roster...."

There is also a pic of him

Attachments

• ncf_u_poole_sy_200.jpg
    ncf_u_poole_sy_200.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 491
Alot of people genuinely didn't like AF his senior year because they thought he laid down on the team and CPF and then acted a fool with the media. AF was already on a short leash with the fans due to a couple of very inopportune fumbles. Poole on the other hand was generally well liked by most fans even the ones like myself that didn't think he was very good. Am I wrong?

Nothing about Poole on here ever approached Foster levels.

He had a few hiccups but anybody that sacrifices their body, heart, soul and mind to Vol football for 4 years it is hard to bash....Use, Timing and development were probably attributable to his being a slightly above player can you fault somebody for a 1000 yd season or two....no...He signed with UT and stuck out most of the mess created by two and possibly three coaches...Most would have walked he didn't....

Reactions: 2 people

Poole got a lot of love based on his production. I think what you saw is the syndrome that it can be hard to get behind a guy who has an inflated opinion of his own abilities and threw tantrums related to his delusions. I mean this is the man who complained that mark Ingram got all SEC instead of himself.

Poole would have done much better if he had CJG coaching him and some OL blocking. He did have a 1000 yard rushing year which is nothing to sneeze about in 2010. Maybe this is what Carolina sees in him. They also see someone of character who stuck with a program that was going down the tubes while he was here. I wish him the best.

Definitely not. I bet the Panthers trade either Williams or Stewart. But even after that, I don't see Poole making the roster. Best of luck to him, though.

I wouldn't be shocked by a trade, but I think i would have happened before the draft if it was going to. I doubt it'll be Williams - last year they gave him a new contract with a $16 mil signing bonus, and another $5 mil still guaranteed. I don't think many teams want to take on a small 29-year-old RB that's guaranteed money.

Tolbert and Stewart bring a lot of the same things to the table, and Stewart is a free agent after this year. But based on that, I doubt they'd get much value for him. And, I think they get a compensatory pick for him if he walks in free agency.

I think it's more likely they hang onto all three as insurance, especially based on the Williams and Stewart's injury history.

Hope the best for Poole, but it's going to be tough to make that roster. Maybe he can hang with the scout team until next season.

He had a few hiccups but anybody that sacrifices their body, heart, soul and mind to Vol football for 4 years it is hard to bash....Use, Timing and development were probably attributable to his being a slightly above player can you fault somebody for a 1000 yd season or two....no...He signed with UT and stuck out most of the mess created by two and possibly three coaches...Most would have walked he didn't....

Most didn't walk and most stuck it out. He did walk one time. He was not perfect and if we had an average stable of running backs (by Tennessee standards over the last 20 years) he would not have seen the field.

Most didn't walk and most stuck it out. He did walk one time. He was not perfect and if we had an average stable of running backs (by Tennessee standards over the last 20 years) he would not have seen the field.

Yeah I agree since when do you get props for not quitting?

"Tennessee RB Tauren Poole -- Carolina Panthers
I'm surprised some team didn't take a chance on Poole in the draft. I like his vision and patience as a runner, and while he doesn't have elite size or speed, Poole's hands are solid and he's willing to contribute in run support. It will be interesting to see how Carolina's depth chart shakes out with DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart on the roster, but no legitimate No. 3 back. I give Poole a good chance to make the regular-season roster...."

There is also a pic of him

I don't know why this part made me laugh

I dont think people hated Poole, they just all agreed that he was subpar.

real-estate-insider-information.jpg

McShay sees more than I do. Yes, our run blocking was atrocious last year, but there were times Poole ran with absolutely no intensity. Maybe it was frustration, maybe he was holding back hoping to be the next AF, I don't know, but there were definately moments I questioned his efforts. That said, I wish him the best. I don't hate him, but I also don't feel he was a great UT back.

As far as AF, I'm glad he's doing well. His unfortunate ability to fumble the ball at the costliest of moments drove me near insane, but he was a good UT back. My only problem with him(other than the fumbles) was his attitude his senior year. The whole "speaking pteradactyll" thing was complete immature bullcrap and no way for a grown man to act.

VN Store

Back