Good read: Vols coming of age

Love the article
Hate that JHunt admitted that his knee "doesn't feel normal at all."
That's a little bit discouraging

Can't be a great read... didn't say Dooley stinks, can't coach, or should have won in spite of what Fulmer/Kiffin did to the program.

Reactions: 4 people
For what it's worth, when I was a Sophomore in high school, I tore a meniscus in my knee and had it scoped. Meniscus is a pretty quick healing injury, but even after I started running and doing squats and lunges again I would still get swelling sometimes and occasionally pain, especially if I went swimming.

You can't really compare the two injuries, but I can empathize with what he is saying about it feeling strange.

Considering some of the things that ESPN reporters or other people have been fired for, I can't believe nobody has brought up how offensive this article title is to a certain brand of people.

Good read and thanks for posting the link.

I still believe we're headed in the right direction but this has always been a 4 to 5 year total rebuilding project and this is just Spring and the beginning of year 3.

This is the year we start seeing more positive results and wins on the field.

VFL...GBO!!!

Thanks AllVol.

What the heck was this... "It’s far from a formidable early opponent, but there are few higher-profile settings in Week 1".

NCST is far from formidable?

I'm allvol 123 and I haaaaaaaaaaaaate the vols, goooooooo crimson gators

lol Solid.

I actually thought (at a glance) that OP was allvol123 and was initially confused by the thread title. Seemed a little positive for him to post.... :)

Love the article
Hate that JHunt admitted that his knee "doesn't feel normal at all."
That's a little bit discouraging

Those of us that have had an ACL reconstruction know that is normal. Mine was 14 years ago and I still know it is there. Other folks that have been through it have said the same. I can tell you that after a few years I realized that the surgical knee became more stable and actually stronger than the other because of the attention to rehab and strength training. Being a world class athlete Justin will get over it and trust it much quicker than most of us do.

But it will take him two years despite what people say to get back to 100%. It always does. That is why I am not worried about Marlin Lane. He will be back to around 100% of what he can be physically by fall.

Reactions: 2 people
Thanks AllVol.

What the heck was this... "It’s far from a formidable early opponent, but there are few higher-profile settings in Week 1".

I think they're formidable, but only because we've been down for so long. It's relative. Plus, NCSt lost a lot of talent as well, so they're down, too.

Either way, that comment probably shouldn't have been said because it could be so easily taken out of context (and twisted to the pleasure of allvol123). :)

Thanks AllVol.

They are a middle of the pack ACC team. That qualifies them as far from formidable.
:hi:

Those of us that have had an ACL reconstruction know that is normal. Mine was 14 years ago and I still know it is there. Other folks that have been through it have said the same. I can tell you that after a few years I realized that the surgical knee became more stable and actually stronger than the other because of the attention to rehab and strength training. Being a world class athlete Justin will get over it and trust it much quicker than most of us do.

But it will take him two years despite what people say to get back to 100%. It always does. That is why I am not worried about Marlin Lane. He will be back to around 100% of what he can be physically by fall.

Been sayin this all along about Hunter, yet most of VN is just banking on him being 100%

I think they're formidable, but only because we've been down for so long. It's relative. Plus, NCSt lost a lot of talent as well, so they're down, too.

Either way, that comment probably shouldn't have been said because it could be so easily taken out of context (and twisted to the pleasure of allvol123). :)

You're probably right.

ps...123 + ignore = years added to your lifespan.

3 miniscus surgeries here and it isn't anywhere near what an ACL is. Even after just being scoped, the muscles in the lower part of my thighs and upper calves didn't "feel" right for nearly a year and the trust didn't come back until after that. 3rd time was no easier than the first either.

VN Store

Back