Did you know that Bama had ..,.

rockydoc

.....no one drafted in the 2008 draft? And they won the NC the next year!!!

Having a lot NFL draftees is not necessarily a good thing.

Reactions: 4 people
Having a lot of players drafted is always a good thing. It means that you are an established program instead of a rebuilding program like Alabama was in 2008.

Reactions: 2 people
Didn't know that. But I did know that they shattered their stupid National Championship crystal football trophy! * points and laughs at said stupid crystal football trophy *

Reactions: 3 people

the draft was in April 08, then they went 12-2, lost to Florida and Utah, after that season they had 7 players drafted, then won the championship the next season

Having players drafted is of value for one reason and one reason only - recruiting

I can think of another reason, winning NC.

Not neccessarily. Look how many players we had drafted from 1999 to 2008. Then look how many national championships we had. They certainly help, but don't ensure a national championship

Not neccessarily. Look how many players we had drafted from 1999 to 2008. Then look how many national championships we had. They certainly help, but don't ensure a national championship

That's true, goes back to coaching and being able to evaluate talent. Saban has proved that he can do both.

Having a lot of draftees shows that the coaches are able to sign a lot of talented players and develop them. That is always a good thing. This seems so obvious that I almost didn't post it, but I have had a bit to drink.

Having a lot of draftees shows that the coaches are able to sign a lot of talented players and develop them. That is always a good thing. This seems so obvious that I almost didn't post it, but I have had a bit to drink.

Being able to get #1 recruiting classes year after year should result in lots of draftees and NCs. This should be expected.

Reactions: 1 person

Might want to check the record book on that. Bama lost to FL in the SEC championship game, but it was still a good second year. TN could use a couple of plays out of the Saban handbook. It don't take long to build a great team when you sign all four stars and a couple of good junior college players.

Might want to check the record book on that. Bama lost to FL in the SEC championship game, but it was still a good second year. TN could use a couple of plays out of the Saban handbook. It don't take long to build a great team when you sign all four stars and a couple of good junior college players.

You might also want to check your record books, since they have signed an average of 9.8 3 stars or lower per year since he has been there. That is not "all" four stars

So you're saying Saban is a good talent evaluator?

No sh1t sherlock, nothing gets by you. Obviously he is both a good recruiter and evaluator of talent. You would not be winning national championships if you weren't (i.e. Larry Coker using rivals evaluations for recruiting). This is also one area that you cannot complain about Dooley in as players like Brian Randolph, Jordan Williams, Brendan Downs, and Devrin Young are already proving in their sophomore years. That is not even mentioning players like Peterman who we were in on early and they jumped up in the rankings later on

No sh1t sherlock, nothing gets by you. Obviously he is both a good recruiter and evaluator of talent. You would not be winning national championships if you weren't (i.e. Larry Coker using rivals evaluations for recruiting). This is also one area that you cannot complain about Dooley in as players like Brian Randolph, Jordan Williams, Brendan Downs, and Devrin Young are already proving in their sophomore years. That is not even mentioning players like Peterman who we were in on early and they jumped up in the rankings later on

Someone's angry.

I've never complained about Dooley's recruiting.

Reactions: 2 people

U mad bruh?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back