Bad Coach or No Talent?

hog88

Your ray of sunshine
This is a question for all of the Negavols. Almost through 3 rounds of the NFL draft and no Vols selected. Bama had, what 4 or 5 in the 1st round, LSU 3 or 4, he!! Vandy had a player taken.

Is it Dooley's fault when we don't even have 3rd round guys?

Reactions: 6 people
The reason why we have to see what the team looks like with some talented upperclassmen before passing sound judgement.
Very simple concept.

Reactions: 4 people
Too much instability within the program within the last few years. We've lost players to transfer and high school kids have not felt comfortable to commit to a program that isn't very stable.

I have a feeling we will have quite a few drafted in the next few years!!

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 2 people
The reason why we have to see what the team looks like with some talented upperclassmen before passing sound judgement.
Very simple concept.

Kinda what I think, it was way to early to pass judgement after 2 seasons but there were plenty that did.

Reactions: 3 people
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the seniors going into this draft Fulmer's last class and the juniors from Kiffin's only class?

This is a question for all of the Negavols. Almost through 3 rounds of the NFL draft and no Vols selected. Bama had, what 4 or 5 in the 1st round, LSU 3 or 4, he!! Vandy had a player taken.

yes and no. the good ones left. it's also partially Kiffins fault we didnt get Donta Hightower. Fulmer didnt get Harrison Smith either and he from knoxville drafted in 1st round.

Lack of upperclassmen due to attrition from coaches leaving. Dooley hasn't been here long enough to blame that on him. Juniors and Seniors get drafted, how many of them have we had left lately, and how many left were good enough to play in the NFL.
Like I said hard to blame Dooley for that imho.:no:

Reactions: 4 people
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the seniors going into this draft Fulmer's last class and the juniors from Kiffin's only class?

Fulmers last class are gone except a couple redshirt seniors. What kiffin players that are left are seniors and few juniors

Reactions: 1 person
Fulmers last class are gone except a couple redshirt seniors. What kiffin players that are left are seniors and few juniors

What I am saying is that outside of transfers and jucos, Dooley hasn't recruited anyone to UT that is eligible for this draft.

What I am saying is that outside of transfers and jucos, Dooley hasn't recruited anyone to UT that is eligible for this draft.

Ok my bad. Yeah Dooley has no recruits eligible for this draft. Our NFL Draft will start next year. There is no way D Rogers will come back for senior season in my opinion

The answer is: the talent was not there but we also do not know if Dooley can coach.

This is a point I have discussed lately around my home.

The disparity in NFL talent we have (upperclassmen) compared to other SEC teams is a huge reason we have been bad lately.

We will have one, maybe two, guys drafted this year. Unless some leave early next season (likely) it will be the same.

Hard to compete much less win in the SEC without NFL talent.

The disparity in NFL talent we have (upperclassmen) compared to other SEC teams is a huge reason we have been bad lately.

We will have one, maybe two, guys drafted this year. Unless some leave early next season (likely) it will be the same.

well said

Bingo, I think this draft proves it was way to early for the Negavols to be calling for DDs head. Heck we beat the crap out of Cincy and they have had 2 or 3 guys picked already.

I mean the one guy we think has the best chance of getting drafted is a transfer that Dooley did recruit!

VN Store

Back