A Fair Expectation for Coach Dooley.

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
A Top 25 finish in the polls, no less. Concur?:clapping:

*Concur (agree, be of the same mind)

*Expectation (hope.belief, anticipation)

*In case any ballplayers are reading.:) j/k

Reactions: 1 person
Ya lets make fun of our players because they had a bad semester..It's amazing how much class we have on these boards. Dumbfounds me sometimes.

Bet you have never had a bad semester in college.(I would actually be amazed if you ever completed one)

Reactions: 5 people
Ya lets make fun of our players because they had a bad semester..It's amazing how much class we have on these boards. Dumbfounds me sometimes.

Bet you have never had a bad semester in college.(I would actually be amazed if you ever completed one)

He won't be back to comment

Not sure who that was aimed at. I don't think either of us were making fun of the players. Regardless, a clever post is clever.

If he doesn't win 9 in the regular season he should be gone IMO.

If he can't get to 9 this year with the amount of talent and depth he has along with a weaker Eastern Division, then when will he ever get to 9 wins or beyond?

Reactions: 4 people
At least 9 seems to be the number. 8 would just be average imo, and Dooley doesn't need to be average if he wants to keep his job.

Reactions: 3 people
He needs to work his butt off recruiting. Let Sal be the motivational leader, it's been proven Dooley has trouble in that department. Frankly at this time he can't be counted on to coach up. 9 wins this year and hopes of becoming a contender going forward or Hart shows him the door.

A thread title with the word "fair" in it evidently gets you an Obama banner across the top. Makes complete sense.

.500 sec record...minimum.

But with a 4-4 sec he'll be hearing the same talk next year as this year. 5-3 will hush alot of critics. 6-2 and the only ones complaining would be those with a Dooley vendetta.

A Fair Expectation for Coach Dooley...Win or GTFO!

Growing weary of it all.

As solid of analysis as I have seen. It is indeed, that simple. He either wins enough to impress the boosters and administration or he will be fired. 8 to 10 wins is possible. Anything lower should be immediate grounds for dismissal, unless the team has catastrophic injuries.

A Fair Expectation for Coach Dooley...Win or GTFO!

Growing weary of it all.

You're kidding...right? I hope so. With what CDD started with at ground zero I don't think there is another coach in the nation that would come out of year two any better off.

I'd like to see 10 or more wins myself but we have to be realistic considering the relative program age. He needs at least one more year even if the team only wins 7 or 8.

If you're really tired of it all, go support another team and coach.

If the Vols win 8 games in regular season and make a decent showing in a bowl game Dooley will be back. Based on Hart's comment "youth and inexperience will no longer be an excuse," I believe 8 will be expected.

You're kidding...right? I hope so. With what CDD started with at ground zero I don't think there is another coach in the nation that would come out of year two any better off.

I'd like to see 10 or more wins myself but we have to be realistic considering the relative program age. He needs at least one more year even if the team only wins 7 or 8.

Just because he is tired of mediocrity, he needs to find a new team? Give me a break. Not everybody is happy with the crap show last year was after Hunter went down.

the counting in dog years are over. Hart know's it, Dooley knows it and going 1-7 in the SEC I say 40% of Div 1 coaches could meet or exceed that. You haven't forgotten 1-7 have you? Kentucky with a one armed QB, just what is that Koolaide spiked with.

VN Store

Back