2563 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on What Buck Fitzgerald said. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 04-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #1
tvols75

What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said
What Buck Fitzgerald said

Concerning what he saw this offseason compared to last:

"I think the talent level is greatly improved at just about every level. I think the coaching staff is a lot better. I really think that they will have as much talent as anybody they play in the first 22 guys except Bama. On offense, they have a future pro at just about every position. Not many teams can say that. I think the defensive coaching staff is so much better now its crazy. And their mentality fits the players and whay they are trying to do on offense. They will be able to play complimentary football. I will be disappointed if they don't get to Atlanta at the end of the season. They don't have to win it, but I think with this better coaching staff, and better more mature players they should at least win the East."
VN Likes: 57
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 12:32 AM   #2
JustFunnN'Orange

What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said
What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said
WOW..........I hope and pray this is truth....it's time!

JustFunn'z my name JustFunn'z my Game
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
Coach Grizz
Chocolate Thunder

I'm glad Buck is thinking positive, high expectations.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #4
tvols75

Before this thread takes a turn and the comments get passed off as a former player having the glasses on, keep in mind buck is usually not one to pump sunshine. Doug Matthews had similar things to say.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #5
Coach Grizz
Chocolate Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvols75 View Post
Before this gets thread takes a turn and the comments get passed off as a former player having the glasses on, keep in mind buck is usually not one to pump sunshine. Doug Matthews had similar things to say.
Dear god, when the negavols get a hold of this it will go from sunshine of hope to armegedon.....
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 12:41 AM   #6
vol2013

What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvols75 View Post
Concerning what he saw this offseason compared to last:

"I think the talent level is greatly improved at just about every level. I think the coaching staff is a lot better. I really think that they will have as much talent as anybody they play in the first 22 guys except Bama. On offense, they have a future pro at just about every position. Not many teams can say that. I think the defensive coaching staff is so much better now its crazy. And their mentality fits the players and whay they are trying to do on offense. They will be able to play complimentary football. I will be disappointed if they don't get to Atlanta at the end of the season. They don't have to win it, but I think with this better coaching staff, and better more mature players they should at least win the East."
I think the bolded has really been overlooked on this forum. Yes, the offensive line did not have the greatest season last year, but there is a lot of NFL like potential on that Oline.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 12:43 AM   #7
KnoxVillain
Big Orange Faithless

What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said
Hope he's right...not getting my hopes up though.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 12:48 AM   #8
EvanStalcup1990
4 Star Recruit.

who at the RB is a future NFL back? Nothing I seen shows me that any RB is a pro. Is there potential to be a NFL back, Yes. Right now? No.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:49 AM   #9
vol2013

What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanStalcup1990 View Post
who at the RB is a future NFL back? Nothing I seen shows me that any RB is a pro. Is there potential to be a NFL back, Yes. Right now? No.
Notice he said just about every position. He did not say every position.
VN Likes: 20
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 01:09 AM   #10
ACvol3

What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said
He's got a good point about the offense.. I hope he knows what he's talking about with the defense.. I really have no clue except I know we have more bodies there, which has to be a very good thing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #11
vol2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACvol3 View Post
He's got a good point about the offense.. I hope he knows what he's talking about with the defense.. I really have no clue except I know we have more bodies there, which has to be a very good thing.
The thing that still worries me about the defense is the reliance on McCullers coming in and being the NT that we need him to be
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 01:13 AM   #12
SLOBBER_KNOCKER_U
VOL TIL I FALL!

What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said What Buck Fitzgerald said
I agree with Buck. People who can't see the talent on this team and the potential to win the east are uninformed
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #13
jamarglevol

Pro potential on offense:

Justin Hunter - definitely

Da'Rick Rogers - definitely

Tyler Bray - definitely

Juwan James - I can see that

Dallas Thomas - I can see that with the move to guard

Antonio Richardson - Yes if he lives up to expectations and keep performing at the level he has been

James Stone, Zach Fulton, Alex Bullard, Marcus Jackson/the rest of our RBs - the jury's still out

I can most certainly see what he's saying...here's to hoping for the best!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #14
Titan&Volfan4life

I really hope he's right and we live up to his expectations.

Winning the SEC East this season in only the 3rd year under CDD would be huge and help our recruiting too.

VFL...GBO!!!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-16-2012, 04:04 AM   #15
Volunteer forever
A modern day Warrior

Great story! Positive thinking is what we all need!
Reply With Quote TOP