What Buck Fitzgerald said

tvols75

Concerning what he saw this offseason compared to last:

"I think the talent level is greatly improved at just about every level. I think the coaching staff is a lot better. I really think that they will have as much talent as anybody they play in the first 22 guys except Bama. On offense, they have a future pro at just about every position. Not many teams can say that. I think the defensive coaching staff is so much better now its crazy. And their mentality fits the players and whay they are trying to do on offense. They will be able to play complimentary football. I will be disappointed if they don't get to Atlanta at the end of the season. They don't have to win it, but I think with this better coaching staff, and better more mature players they should at least win the East."

Reactions: 57 people
Before this thread takes a turn and the comments get passed off as a former player having the glasses on, keep in mind buck is usually not one to pump sunshine. Doug Matthews had similar things to say.

Before this gets thread takes a turn and the comments get passed off as a former player having the glasses on, keep in mind buck is usually not one to pump sunshine. Doug Matthews had similar things to say.

Dear god, when the negavols get a hold of this it will go from sunshine of hope to armegedon.....

Reactions: 2 people

"I think the talent level is greatly improved at just about every level. I think the coaching staff is a lot better. I really think that they will have as much talent as anybody they play in the first 22 guys except Bama. On offense, they have a future pro at just about every position. Not many teams can say that. I think the defensive coaching staff is so much better now its crazy. And their mentality fits the players and whay they are trying to do on offense. They will be able to play complimentary football. I will be disappointed if they don't get to Atlanta at the end of the season. They don't have to win it, but I think with this better coaching staff, and better more mature players they should at least win the East."

I think the bolded has really been overlooked on this forum. Yes, the offensive line did not have the greatest season last year, but there is a lot of NFL like potential on that Oline.

who at the RB is a future NFL back? Nothing I seen shows me that any RB is a pro. Is there potential to be a NFL back, Yes. Right now? No.

He's got a good point about the offense.. I hope he knows what he's talking about with the defense.. I really have no clue except I know we have more bodies there, which has to be a very good thing.

He's got a good point about the offense.. I hope he knows what he's talking about with the defense.. I really have no clue except I know we have more bodies there, which has to be a very good thing.

The thing that still worries me about the defense is the reliance on McCullers coming in and being the NT that we need him to be

Pro potential on offense:

Justin Hunter - definitely

Da'Rick Rogers - definitely

Tyler Bray - definitely

Juwan James - I can see that

Dallas Thomas - I can see that with the move to guard

Antonio Richardson - Yes if he lives up to expectations and keep performing at the level he has been

James Stone, Zach Fulton, Alex Bullard, Marcus Jackson/the rest of our RBs - the jury's still out

I can most certainly see what he's saying...here's to hoping for the best!

Reactions: 1 person
I really hope he's right and we live up to his expectations.

Winning the SEC East this season in only the 3rd year under CDD would be huge and help our recruiting too.

VFL...GBO!!!

Tyler Bray - definitely

Antonio Richardson - Yes if he lives up to expectations and keep performing at the level he has been

James Stone, Zach Fulton, Alex Bullard, Marcus Jackson/the rest of our RBs - the jury's still out

uhm i think you left off zack rodgers in the definites for wr's

Reactions: 11 people

Tyler Bray - definitely

Rivera?...Clear?

Reactions: 6 people

Just maybe:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJkSiWUmnEE&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Reactions: 4 people
Buck indirectly validated my feelings on Wilcox - he was overrated, in over his head in the S E C, and is just an average DC. Thanks Buck.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back