Lathers- 5 tackles
Propst- 3 tackles
Crump- 3 tackles
Fowlkes- Sack
Bohannon- Sack
T. Thomas- INT

There he goes again!!!

Reactions: 1 person
People think we're talking about Patterson when we mention our big three receivers for this season. Little do they know about Jacob Carter.

Passing:
Bray- 13/23 180 yds TD INT
Worley- 10/23 138 yds INT
Page- 4/5 29 yds TD

Rushing:
Lane- 12-71 TD
Neal- 12-39 TD
Young- 7-35
Smith- 6-6
Summerhill- 4-7
D. Rogers- 2-9

Receiving:
Hunter- 3-70 TD
Carter- 4-102
Rivera- 5-43
Neal- 2-36
Drummer- 2-15 TD
Clear- 2-16
Downs- 2-15
D. Rogers- 2-14
Oliver- 1-11

Defense:
Lanier- 6 tackles
Wilks- 6 tackles, 2 TFL
A.J. Johnson- 5 tackles
Randolph- 5 tackles, INT
Lathers- 5 tackles
Propst- 3 tackles
Crump- 3 tackles
Fowlkes- Sack
Bohannon- Sack
T. Thomas- INT

Brian Randolph is about to have a huge year.

Reactions: 11 people
Randolph is great. They did a good job evaluating him. He was just a three star recruit I think, so he sneaked in under the radar. My kind of player.

Reactions: 3 people
Bray's stats look better. Good yards per attempt average. Don't like the INT and the completion pct is solid, though not great. Still. A decent day.

Reactions: 2 people
Biggest shock to me is that Naz O actually had a catch and didn't injure himself in the process.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
Sounds like there are real concerns about Neal and his fumbles. Also, while there were some standout performers, the defense sounds like it struggled overall. I'm sure Sunseri is giving them an earful. Lane sounds like he looked great on his carries, which is good news.

I wonder if this is a,mental thing for Neal. Wish that guy could hang on to the ball. He would be a great weapon. He's in the doghouse though and will really need to prove himself, it seems.

Love hearing this as well:

patrickbrownTFP Dooley on Herman Lathers, who made five tackles: 'Herman's doing great, man. He's flying around.'

Sounds like there are real concerns about Neal and his fumbles. Also, while there were some standout performers, the defense sounds like it struggled overall. I'm sure Sunseri is giving them an earful. Lane sounds like he looked great on his carries, which is good news.

I wonder if this is a,mental thing for Neal. Wish that guy could hang on to the ball. He would be a great weapon. He's in the doghouse though and will really need to prove himself, it seems.

I know LWSVol posted last year that he heard the idea of moving him from running back to WR came from the idea that Neal did not like to get hit.

I know LWSVol posted last year that he heard the idea of moving him from running back to WR came from the idea that Neal did not like to get hit.

Interesting. I read Dooley said today we can't trust a back that isn't holding the ball. Hope he figures this out.

Big picture though, I think when Borque gets here we will learn we have a pretty good stable of backs, even if Neal struggles. Still, would love for him to help us.

Is Carter really that good? Anyone have any insight into this kid?

On Carter, people have to remember that until this summer we are so thin at the Wr position that we have Blanc playing Wr now until the rest of the freshmen come in.

Randolph is great. They did a good job evaluating him. He was just a three star recruit I think, so he sneaked in under the radar. My kind of player.

Ya he was a midlevel recruit but it seems like I remember reading that he was voted most vicious hitter in atl by some poll

On Carter, people have to remember that until this summer we are so thin at the Wr position that we have Blanc playing Wr now until the rest of the freshmen come in.

Yesbut he is still putting up better numbers than d Rogers,z Rogers, Vincent Dallas and really everyone else this spring. Of course he ain't passing hunter, d Rogers or Patterson on the depth chart this fall but he might turn into a pleasant surprise

Ya he was a midlevel recruit but it seems like I remember reading that he was voted most vicious hitter in atl by some poll

Correct, he was a midlevel recruit, but the rivals analyst that sometimes post over in the recruiting forum was constantly posting that Randolph was his favorite safety in that class

Yesbut he is still putting up better numbers than d Rogers,z Rogers, Vincent Dallas and really everyone else this spring. Of course he ain't passing hunter, d Rogers or Patterson on the depth chart this fall but he might turn into a pleasant surprise

I agree, and do hope that is the case. I've just seen stuff like this happen and the player to subsequently never do anything to get my hopes up

VN Store

Back