Jon Gruden on UT/Bray/Coaching

I was surprised he didn't say Dooley looked like a deer in the headlights and question why the school hired a guy who had a losing season in his last year at Louisiana Tech. I also thought talking about Dooley being on the hot seat and the program being in disarray was supposed to be standard stuff for these types of discussions. :confused:

Reactions: 2 people
He said it was great to be a part of UT again....Dooley's already been fired and Chucky hired rumors begin in 3...2...1

those were some pretty kind remarks of the coaching staff from what I got out of it.... didn't realize he coached with Sunseri at one point either... hopefully the 4 or 5 hours he speant with the staff really helps them out... and he didn't really say he spoke to Bray but hopefully he did... because like many of us he sees the traits of him being great.... just how hard is Tyler really going to work at it?!?

I was surprised he didn't say Dooley looked like a deer in the headlights and question why the school hired a guy who had a losing season in his last year at Louisiana Tech. I also thought talking about Dooley being on the hot seat and the program being in disarray was supposed to be standard stuff for these types of discussions. :confused:

Sarcasm at its best! lol

Damning with faint praise..everybody knows Gruden is waiting in the wings..he probably stayed out on his land he and his ex-cheerleader wife own in Knoxville

Reactions: 1 person
He didn't seem to be particularly impressed with Bray. Said he had a lot of potential, but that can be said about a lot of college players. To me he almost seemed to be admonishing Tyler for not working hard enough to get better.

After 2 seasons, I still don't know what to make of Bray. His style of play almost seems to be better when he's just dropping back and slinging it down the field. If we have to rely on him to be more disciplined in order to improve overall offensive production, then I'm worried about that.

So from this article, we can conlcude that gruden and hart are in discussions about the head coaching spot?

Thats my interpretation!

He didn't seem to be particularly impressed with Bray. Said he had a lot of potential, but that can be said about a lot of college players. To me he almost seemed to be admonishing Tyler for not working hard enough to get better.

After 2 seasons, I still don't know what to make of Bray. His style of play almost seems to be better when he's just dropping back and slinging it down the field. If we have to rely on him to be more disciplined in order to improve overall offensive production, then I'm worried about that.

I agree.

I've always been worried about his commitment and work/study ethics.

He could become great if he'd really work hard at everything.

He has great talent and ability but that alone won't win us the SEC Championship and maybe not even the SEC East.

He's been so overhyped that I worry if all the early accolades have gotten to his head and he thinks talent and potential alone will get him somewhere.

C'mon Bray, work really hard this year AND next year and you could become a number 1 draft pick like Mr Luck will be this year.

VFL...GBO!!!

I have always had the opine that he has made it by on pure talent. I think we may find that "if it don't come easy", it won't get any better. Worley and Peterman better be ready. The KY Tyler may still be lurking if things don't go well.

his Bray comments had to come from Dooley or Chaney. its also concerning, IMO, that he stated it publicly. Would seem they would have wanted him to say something like that to Bray and maybe he did. But saying it publicly makes me think there is still concern by our staff.

I'm not sure how else to look at it....

his Bray comments had to come from Dooley or Chaney. its also concerning, IMO, that he stated it publicly. Would seem they would have wanted him to say something like that to Bray and maybe he did. But saying it publicly makes me think there is still concern by our staff.

I'm not sure how else to look at it....

Maybe trying to light a fire underneath his arse...

VN Store

Back