Our hard times are coming to an end

Negateer

USay is coming for you...
With the implosion at UFg and the firing of Bobby Petrino, along with the near-miss with Da'Rick, it looks like the Vols have finally managed to move away from the crosshairs of the curse we've been under for the last few years. The curse seems to have found fresh meat: UFg and Arkansas.

Consider: Two strong classes. We finally have upperclassmen and (some) depth. We have a coach who is intent on building an actual, long-term program. We have the personnel to run the 3-4 and our running game is looking up. We have arguably the best receiving corps in college football and one of the top quarterbacks.

Has the curse lifted?

I think yes. Prepare for better times.

Hallelujah. Go Vols.

Reactions: 31 people
I dig the optimism and I'm not one to tell you how your life.

.....but yeah, pump those brakes a little.

Reactions: 1 person
Not a stalker, I just call a dumb-ass comment a dumb-ass comment when I see one. No hurt feelings either. Nice try though, being 0 for 2 is about par for you.

Especially when they are critical of your loser hero. Stalker.

I like the sentiment and agree. I think this will be a positive season for us overall and will begin to bring back some of our optimism and pride as a fan base. I want this team to be proud of the part that each of them will have played in bringing a once great program back from the brink of catastrophe.

Hopefully, in the not too distant future we are back to complaining about our preseason top 10 ranking instead of the top 5 that we all know we deserved. We will once again get to complain about how many of our assistants are leaving as head coaches rather than as a result of a pink slip or a lateral move. We will no longer worry about invitations to worthless budget bowls, instead we will be concerned with which BCS bowl would be lucky to have us. No longer will we doubt that we can stomp the Cincinnati's and NC State's of the D1 ranks and instead spend our time debating which starters should be taken out in the 1st quarter or not played at all. Best of all, we will be every OOC teams' marquis match up of the season and the most dreaded game of the year for our SEC opponents.

How I long for a return to the past! I believe this will be the 1st season along the path back to prominence and dominance. GO VOLS!

Reactions: 9 people
Especially when they are critical of your loser hero. Stalker.

Wow, 0 for 2 again :clapping:. Again, wrong with the stalker thing. Also, find me where I have ever indicated Dooley being anything close to my "hero". I have praised him for his good decisions and criticized him for his poor decisions. Do I know if Dooley is the answer long term for us yet? No, nobody could for sure. However, I'm not a complete retard like yourself that thinks he should have been fired this year.

Reactions: 4 people
Wow, 0 for 2 again :clapping:. Again, wrong with the stalker thing. Also, find me where I have ever indicated Dooley being anything close to my "hero". I have praised him for his good decisions and criticized him for his poor decisions. Do I know if Dooley is the answer long term for us yet? No, nobody could for sure. However, I'm not a complete retard like yourself that thinks he should have been fired this year.

If you don't know the answer to that long term question, then you are most definitely a retard. Stalker.

Now all we need is for Saban to have a motorcycle wreck with his mistress and we will be set

I'll take wins from those other programs with a smile due to misfortune for them..

But bama I want at full strength when we woop dat azz!! don't want any excuses available for those POS.

JMHO

Reactions: 1 person
Fastest way to curse UT is to make a thread about how the curse is over or how the black cloud has lifted.

With the implosion at UFg and the firing of Bobby Petrino, along with the near-miss with Da'Rick, it looks like the Vols have finally managed to move away from the crosshairs of the curse we've been under for the last few years. The curse seems to have found fresh meat: UFg and Arkansas.

Consider: Two strong classes. We finally have upperclassmen and (some) depth. We have a coach who is intent on building an actual, long-term program. We have the personnel to run the 3-4 and our running game is looking up. We have arguably the best receiving corps in college football and one of the top quarterbacks.

Has the curse lifted?

I think yes. Prepare for better times.

Hallelujah. Go Vols.

amen
-T-

VN Store

Back