Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

tvols75

Not sure if you read this article on Jordan Jenkins, but it is worth the read. He talked about how UT was his best visit and how he was taken to a 5 star restaurant.

Pro sports is changing when it comes to professionalism. All of your star athletes are usually decked out in their suit during their post-game interviews. Dooley's philosophy of making the players realize that there is more than football will work well IF he can win. The deal he had in place with Men's Wearhouse, the "White House style" team dinners, etc... is going to look good for mommies and intrigue athletes. Whether you like Dooley or not, this year is huge because it could really open the floodgates to recruiting with the elite.

Recruiting Rewind: UGA-bound Jordan Jenkins was “big fish that got away” from Alabama | AJC College Sports Recruiting

I wonder where they went.

Great read btw, always good to hear that the mom loved Dooley.

Sounds like official visits to UT are pretty lux. Nice to hear. Thanks...

Dooley can recruit. He now has a stable of quality players for the first time. Now let's see how he can coach. I think we will be pleasantly surprised.

Reactions: 2 people
I wasn't expecting to see Dooley leave an impact on Jenkins like that. Would've been nice to have him, but I'm not mad at all. Seems like a classy guy.

Nuttin would make me happier than CDD being our HC for a LONG time! Things are falling into place for a great season if all stays healthy. :crossfingers:

Reactions: 7 people
Which coach not from UGA was the nicest? “Coach Derek Dooley and Coach Gene Chizik. Coach Dooley was incredibly nice. My mom really loved Coach Dooley. I hated to tell him that I wasn’t coming to Tennessee.”

Love it.

Reactions: 4 people
Proffesionalism goes a long way.

Always nice to hear a positive story.

It's put up or shut up time for Dooley. I think he realizes that, as do the players.

The thing I think this team needs to learn the most is how to win/close out games. I think we have the offense to compete with anybody and a defense that will keep us in nearly every game.....

If they can sneak out a win versus Florida, the mental momentum this team will get from that will be the difference between a 7-8 win team to possible an 8-10 win team.

It's put up or shut up time for Dooley. I think he realizes that, as do the players.

The thing I think this team needs to learn the most is how to win/close out games. I think we have the offense to compete with anybody and a defense that will keep us in nearly every game.....

If they can sneak out a win versus Florida, the mental momentum this team will get from that will be the difference between a 7-8 win team to possible an 8-10 win team.

win close games?

I think what the players need to learn is that they can outscore anybody in the country and offensively dominate the SEC east.

DD will play to win.

The offense just needs an attitude from game 1.

NO CLOSE GAMES

VN Store

Back