2372 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit Page 16. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Patience is key. It's hard for many to have it but it's key. Cdd is a good guy and has ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2012, 08:17 PM   #226 (permalink)
↓Hey Grudenites...for u↓!
 
Oskie Volum's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 3,296
Likes: 883
Patience is key. It's hard for many to have it but it's key. Cdd is a good guy and has a solid football mind to become a good coach. He took over a bad situation that needed more than the regular fixes. So patience and support is needed, and for all y'all Dooley haters that think they know everything this was told to me directly by a current NFL coach that considers cdd a good friend (his words) and good coach (his words too). Patience and support and we'll be ok in the long run.

Stop bashing the op cause he enjoyed hearing something positive and found it comforting in these hard times as a vol fan. Maybe referring to it as perfect was a little much but let it go. Obviously coach uncertainty effects even the best of teams as this is why he didn't pick bama either. So that is a good sign. At least we're on the list of a major recruit as that's better than not being on it cause honestly the way our program has been we shouldn't be. GBO!!!
Oskie Volum is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #227 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: West TN
Posts: 394
Likes: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolBeef88 View Post
People are laughing at you and the OP and others like you. People weren't bashing DD in this thread. We were bashing you and your fellow Defend Dooley no matter what Brigade. We DIDN'T GET THE KID and the OP started a thread praising his recruiting. It's dumb as can be.
Posted via VolNation Mobile


As stated many times before, nobody here is defending Dooley. So far, Dooley has taken a piece of **** and polished it clean. Now let's see if he can win with it and then sell it to recruits. On a lighter note, I'm not real sure how to polish a turd clean but he's done it. Hopefully he can win with it. We need wins. The recruiting will take care of itself if we can do that. Now, surely we can agree on that.
JD05 is offline  
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-05-2012, 12:07 AM   #228 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
jsc1973's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Raleigh/Clayton/Princeton, NC
Posts: 1,704
Likes: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD05 View Post
As stated many times before, nobody here is defending Dooley. So far, Dooley has taken a piece of **** and polished it clean. Now let's see if he can win with it and then sell it to recruits. On a lighter note, I'm not real sure how to polish a turd clean but he's done it. Hopefully he can win with it. We need wins. The recruiting will take care of itself if we can do that. Now, surely we can agree on that.
Agree completely. I don't care what happened the last two years, because Dooley walked into a mess. The only thing that peeved me was that loss to UK last year, but if we start winning in 2012, I'll forgive it.

He's got enough talent and experience in the program now that we should be able to compete, especially with the East being a little down right now and with the schedule not being as difficult. We would have needed one of the great Fulmer-era teams to do very well with the 2011 schedule.

Whatever Dooley does, he HAS to beat N.C. State. I live 12 miles from Raleigh and have a ton of NCSU fans who are friends. If he loses that, he has to go!
jsc1973 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 AM   #229 (permalink)
Stir Stick
 
82_VOL_83's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Knoxvegas
Posts: 11,059
Likes: 3,570
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1973 View Post
Whatever Dooley does, he HAS to beat N.C. State. I live 12 miles from Raleigh and have a ton of NCSU fans who are friends. If he loses that, he has to go!
LOL, I feel your pain. I lived in S. Florida during the 90's. Even 9 and 10 wins didn't ease the pain of getting your ass handed to you by Spurrier.
82_VOL_83 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 02:37 PM   #230 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
hibbs's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: music city
Posts: 453
Likes: 280
Jordan Jenkins on his UT recruiting visit

"What was the most creative thing a college did to get your attention? “During my official visit to Tennessee, they gave me a whole jumpsuit to wear while I was there. I was dressed like I was a player before the game. If you didn’t know who I was, you’d actually think I was a Tennessee football player. I had the adidas shoes, the adidas socks, the adidas shorts, the adidas shirt, the adidas sweats and the adidas jacket. I wore it in the pre-game meeting, during the game and after the game. I actually had a couple of people come up to me to ask me to autograph a ball or something that other Tennessee players had signed because they thought I was one, too … No, we couldn’t keep any of [the Tennessee gear]. We had to give it all back …Tennessee was the best official visit I had. I went out to a 5-star restaurant and I ate the most expensive thing on the menu. It was a great time over there.”

This was from an interview with Dave Hooker, he also went on to say that Dooley was the nicest coach he met and he hated telling him he wasnt coming to Tennessee
hibbs is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #231 (permalink)
GBO or GTFO
 
Chris4Vols22's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,988
Likes: 2,425
Can the University pay for food? Isn't that one of the violations Pearl committed?
Chris4Vols22 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 02:44 PM   #232 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7,034
Likes: 2,714
Quote:
Originally Posted by hibbs View Post
"What was the most creative thing a college did to get your attention? “During my official visit to Tennessee, they gave me a whole jumpsuit to wear while I was there. I was dressed like I was a player before the game. If you didn’t know who I was, you’d actually think I was a Tennessee football player. I had the adidas shoes, the adidas socks, the adidas shorts, the adidas shirt, the adidas sweats and the adidas jacket. I wore it in the pre-game meeting, during the game and after the game. I actually had a couple of people come up to me to ask me to autograph a ball or something that other Tennessee players had signed because they thought I was one, too … No, we couldn’t keep any of [the Tennessee gear]. We had to give it all back …Tennessee was the best official visit I had. I went out to a 5-star restaurant and I ate the most expensive thing on the menu. It was a great time over there.”

This was from an interview with Dave Hooker, he also went on to say that Dooley was the nicest coach he met and he hated telling him he wasnt coming to Tennessee
This is similar to a company paid function, except you have to wear a suit instead on a warm up...
Biopsyman is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #233 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
UTFanForLife's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 4,206
Likes: 2,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4Vols22 View Post
Can the University pay for food? Isn't that one of the violations Pearl committed?
I think they can on officials, don't know the exact rule though.

Pearl got in trouble cause they were Juniors.
UTFanForLife is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 02:47 PM   #234 (permalink)
GBO or GTFO
 
Chris4Vols22's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,988
Likes: 2,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTFanForLife View Post
I think they can on officials, don't know the exact rule though.

Pearl got in trouble cause they were Juniors.
Yeah Pearl worked up a **** storm. It wasn't JUST because they were juniors lol.
Chris4Vols22 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 02:50 PM   #235 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
UTFanForLife's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 4,206
Likes: 2,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4Vols22 View Post
Yeah Pearl worked up a **** storm. It wasn't JUST because they were juniors lol.
Yes it was, can't have Juniors there. If they were seniors it wouldn't of mattered. That is why only the juniors were listed in the report.
UTFanForLife is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 04:05 PM   #236 (permalink)
It's Mayhem
 
AllVolYall's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Sittin' In Your Driveway
Posts: 4,524
Likes: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol423 View Post
A 5-star restaurant in Tennessee?
5 Guys. Awesome burgers and fries!
AllVolYall is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #237 (permalink)
GBO or GTFO
 
Chris4Vols22's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 11,988
Likes: 2,425
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTFanForLife View Post
Yes it was, can't have Juniors there. If they were seniors it wouldn't of mattered. That is why only the juniors were listed in the report.
I meant there were other violations committed during the BBQ, not that a ton of stuff happened. Sorry, my post was unclear.
Chris4Vols22 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #238 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
BACKDOC's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: guntersville(Southern most pt. of TN river
Posts: 2,025
Likes: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvols75 View Post
Not sure if you read this article on Jordan Jenkins, but it is worth the read. He talked about how UT was his best visit and how he was taken to a 5 star restaurant.

Pro sports is changing when it comes to professionalism. All of your star athletes are usually decked out in their suit during their post-game interviews. Dooley's philosophy of making the players realize that there is more than football will work well IF he can win. The deal he had in place with Men's Wearhouse, the "White House style" team dinners, etc... is going to look good for mommies and intrigue athletes. Whether you like Dooley or not, this year is huge because it could really open the floodgates to recruiting with the elite.

Recruiting Rewind: UGA-bound Jordan Jenkins was “big fish that got away” from Alabama | AJC College Sports Recruiting
Knoxville has a five star restaurant??
BACKDOC is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 PM   #239 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
UTFanForLife's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 4,206
Likes: 2,769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4Vols22 View Post
I meant there were other violations committed during the BBQ, not that a ton of stuff happened. Sorry, my post was unclear.
Oh, yeah, sorry there was. I meant that the reason he couldn't give them food was because they are Juniors, or something to that affect. I think i remember reading something like that. Along with other things.
__________________
Life is all about the ORANGE!
UTFanForLife is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 04-06-2012, 10:03 PM   #240 (permalink)
Kleat Taughtener
 
KoachKletus's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: East OverShoe
Posts: 3,417
Likes: 1,400
The best thing about this thread is that Volqueef made it on a few more Volnation members ignore list.
KoachKletus is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27