Arian Foster has Beef with NCAA...........

It's minor league football, plain and simple. NCAA makes billions off of these kids.

One Billion Dollars!

austin-powers-mike-myers-as-dr-evil41244322781.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
It's minor league football, plain and simple. NCAA makes billions off of these kids.

Self-Sustaining Athletic Departments: More Than What Meets the Eye «

1. I thought UT was one of these.
2. Where is the money going to come from to pay the athletes?
3. The NCAA WILL NOT differentiate between sports (IMHO). Therefore they will pay ALL athletes not just FB players.
4. What sports are you prepared to lose at UT to pay the remaining athletes?

My son played at UT for 4 years. Practiced 4 to 5 times per week up to 3 hours at a time. Paid his own travel expenses. Paid for his own equipment. Paid for his uniform. He played Lacrosse. This is a group of kids that practice hard and play hard and are governed by the NCAA under the heading of MCLA. They are hoping against hope that one day we could see "Varsity" Lacrosse at UT. You start paying athletes, you can give up ever having another sport added and will be looking at losing some of what we have. Just my thoughts on that subject. The NCAA can do several things before they start opening the can of worms that is paying the kids to play.

Reactions: 6 people
Schools would have to leave the NCAA for football for payments to be discussed. Mainly for the reason Glen mentioned, paying everyone in every sport.

Reactions: 1 person
I disagree. We only think of the star athletes at the big schools. What about all of the other sports in college? Title IX issues. What about female gymnastics teams? The tuition and board is a significant pay-out as well as the training and development. This is a can of worms that should never be opened and as long as the NFL has the minimum age requirement then college football will be in good shape.

Reactions: 2 people
I could care less if other schools pay their athletes. I just want to be able to pay ours. Unfair advantage our way......exactly. I like it. :good!:

Exactly. And trying to claim that their scholarships is reasonable compensation is about rational as saying that room and boarding was reasonable compensation for slaves, prior to the end of the Civil War.

Compensation should be relative to the sport and amount of income generated. Sports that don't generate enough income, simply don't benefit from those that do. Most of UT's sports are funded by the Football dept. So, they are already getting a free ride. They should feel no sense of entitlement to receive the same compensation that a football player would. Just like every other profession in the world.

You want the big bucks, then you have to go where the big bucks are and try to break into that profession.

Last edited:
Exactly. And trying to claim that their scholarships is reasonable compensation is about rational as saying that room and boarding was reasonable compensation for slaves before the end of the Civil War.

Compensation should be relative to the sport and amount of income generated. Sports that don't generate enough income, simply don't benefit from those that do. Most of UT's sports are funded by the Football dept. So, they are already getting a free ride. They should feel no sense of entitlement to receive the same compensation that a football player would. Just like every other profession in the world.

You want the big bucks, then you have to go where the big bucks are and try to break into that profession.

1. NCAA don't work that way.
2. See #1.

Give them a 60k a year salary before taxes of course. Make them pay for their own tuition, books, tutors, food, lodging, etc. Problem solved.

Non-athletes can be paid to attend to school. Why is that ok? As stated above, scholarships are by no means fair compensation for the amount of revenue generated and the amount of time the student football players put into the university.

Non-athletes can be paid to attend to school. Why is that ok? As stated above, scholarships are by no means fair compensation for the amount of revenue generated and the amount of time the student football players put into the university.

Fine, I am back to my original post. Tennessee obviously is running in the red or at least per the link in my original post they are. All I am asking is where is the money going to come from??

VN Store

Back