Will our new training center be the best in the country?

Ertel

Im sure this has already been debated alot and im sure im going to get some flaming and im sorry but i didnt really take an interest in the facility until recently and didnt see the virtual tour until yesterday and i was blown away. i read in the richie brown thread where a miss st fan was talking about their new one being in the neighborhood of 80,000sf and from what i hear ours is around 140,000sf. that seems absolutely huge to me. i tried to google this but couldnt find any lists. does anyone know if this will be the biggest in the country? what other schools out there presently have facilities that can compete with our new one? any links to see these other ones? if anyone can provide a somewhat unbiased view on this i would really appreciate it. thanks

Im sure this has already been debated alot and im sure im going to get some flaming and im sorry but i didnt really take an interest in the facility until recently and didnt see the virtual tour until yesterday and i was blown away. i read in the richie brown thread where a miss st fan was talking about their new one being in the neighborhood of 80,000sf and from what i hear ours is around 140,000sf. that seems absolutely huge to me. i tried to google this but couldnt find any lists. does anyone know if this will be the biggest in the country? what other schools out there presently have facilities that can compete with our new one? any links to see these other ones? if anyone can provide a somewhat unbiased view on this i would really appreciate it. thanks

I've heard more than once Oklahoma State mentioned. I even heard someone say that ours is being modeled after theirs. It sounds odd, but I think it has to do with T. Boone Pickens money.
Maybe others can verify, though, because I'm no expert, and frankly I don't care enought to take time to research info on their facility.

I've heard more than once Oklahoma State mentioned. I even heard someone say that ours is being modeled after theirs. It sounds odd, but I think it has to do with T. Boone Pickens money.
Maybe others can verify, though, because I'm no expert, and frankly I don't care enought to take time to research info on their facility.

yeah thats one of the only things i found. looks like theyre spending somewhere in the neighborhood of 200,000,000 plus on updating everything about the program. insane amount of money.

Two things they cannot change though. They'll never have Neyland Stadium, and they'll always be located in Arkansas. It's Redneck Canada.

Actually, me and some buddies went to Fayetteville for the game a couple months back. We were shocked at how nice it was. Was evident from the time we got off the plane as they have a brand new state of the art airport right there in Fayetteville.We were told alot of major coporations are relocating to the area in addition to the big boys that are already there like Tyson Chicken, Walmart etc. We heard that Jerry Jones was a big donor.

Last edited:
From a functional standpoint, ours will be top shelf. Architecture, color schemes, and accessories are kind of up to personal opinion. If you like orange and white, and you're considering playing at Tennessee - there will be no better training facility in the country. If you prefer green and yellow, or orange and black; well you may have something to think about.

I doubt it will be in the same neighborhood as OK State's or Oregon's, but it should be one of the best ten or so.

Oklahoma State has by far the best-funded college football program in the country, and it ain't anywhere near close. Their football budget is well over twice that of UT's IIRC.

I doubt it will be in the same neighborhood as OK State's or Oregon's, but it should be one of the best ten or so.

Oklahoma State has by far the best-funded college football program in the country, and it ain't anywhere near close. Their football budget is well over twice that of UT's IIRC.

Yea Ol T.Boone has that program rolling.

VN Store

Back