Rick Bisaccia

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Hyams...

"UT pursuing Rick Bisaccia as special teams/TE coach, but he's still under contract with Chargers. Don't be surprised if hire announced soon."

Hyams...

"UT pursuing Rick Bisaccia as special teams/TE coach, but he's still under contract with Chargers. Don't be surprised if hire announced soon."

6th in league this year in kick return average. 25th in punt return average. Hurts losing Darren Sproles, though.

Don't know his history, and not saying special teams coaching means nothing. Would never do that after watching so many years of Fulmer's committee of special teams coaches approach, but don't know how good this guy really is? Darren Sproles can make a lot of coaches look great, though.

Hence the reason you defer to the coaches watching the film of their special teams units...

I don't think this is because of the Special Teams coach

If he's the same guy that coached ST for the Chargers last year then that was the #1 reason they sucked. This year it was injuries but last year they were horrid on ST - lost several games as a result.

Reactions: 1 person
Hyams also Tweeted that he coached at Clemson and USCjr. UT tried to hire him in 2006 and again in 2009. Hoping someone has some insight. I don't know anything more than I have read in the last 10 minutes.

Didn't Kiffin pursue this same guy when he was here? Seems he was at Tampa Bay then though.

If he's the same guy that coached ST for the Chargers last year then that was the #1 reason they sucked. This year it was injuries but last year they were horrid on ST - lost several games as a result.

then he'd fit right in

Under achieving offense was hte #1 reason imo.

To the point I find anything Hyams says as nothing more than pure comedy. I literally chuckle each time I see or hear the "per Jimmy Hyams"

Hyams...

Please add this to the Hyams thread of failed predictions. Guy is truly throwing sh*t against the wall now. Almost as bad as Tony B.

I think DD is sitting somewhere right now going, "yeah, that MFer asked that stupid question at the PC so I engaged in my own campaign to make him look silly."

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Under achieving offense was hte #1 reason imo.

this year or last year? last year they had several games where they gave up huge returns for scores or field position that cost them games.

San Diego Chargers May Have Failed in 2010, But it Shouldn’t Carry Over into 2011 | The Big Lead

The biggest culprit was a historically-inept special teams unit. Each of the first three losses, all by a single score, featured at least one special teams touchdown allowed. They also lost a game against New England in which they doubled the Patriots in total offensive yards, but had things like a lateral/fumble that wasn’t picked up by the offense and returned by the Pats, and a game-tying field goal miss.

Fortunately it looks like that was a different ST coach (Steve Crosby)

Last edited:
Bisaccia was not with San Diego in 2010. He is one of the top special teams coaches in the league and would be a homerun hire IMO. However, I would be really surprised if this happened.

VN Store

Back