Shawn Bryson, Jonathan Brown return to UT to graduate

volmaniac18

First off, a big congratulations to these two. I am pretty sure the % of college athletes that return to get their diploma is pretty low. With that said, the articles on GVX attribute Bryson and Brown returning to school at UT to being contacted by Dan Carlson about finishing their degrees. Was this per the request of Dooley?

Does anyone know if this is part of Dooley's VFL program? I was wondering if this was part of him showing he's committed to the VFL program wth both past and present players.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know if its part of VFL, but I'm very excited for them. Smart move on their parts.

Ole JB. Congrats! Remember Brown, Duff, Beron, Burton, White, Green... Back when they had about 45 sacks a year. JB was a big time athelete. I remember watching him play intermural basketball for the Lakers. Good times!

Prob had nothing to do with Dooley and VFL program.. Prob had to do with the fact that after football there is things to do, and you need a degree nowadays to get a good job anywhere..

Prob had nothing to do with Dooley and VFL program.. Prob had to do with the fact that after football there is things to do, and you need a degree nowadays to get a good job anywhere..

I agree.. I find it really sad when players waste their money away on stuff like drugs, gambling.. etc. I think this is a great move by these two. Go Vols!

lol @ the notion that Dooley and the VFL have any impact on these guys going back to finish their degree.

But - good for these two.

Well since you lol'd and your clearly a credibile source on the matter I guess i'll have to take your word for it. :bow2:

UT has had this program in place for a while

Congrats to these guys though. Well done!

The previously posted picture and various others out there wtih Dooley and the guys is the reason why I raised the question. Still don't think it was that outlandish of a question.

Anyone know if the athletic department paid for these guys to come back to school?

I know it is something that is done for guys after their eligibility is up to keep APR and graduation rates up. However with the length of time out of schools being so long I don't know if it would be on Tenn AD's dime.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think it was.

thats-awesome.jpg

Anyone know if the athletic department paid for these guys to come back to school?

I know it is something that is done for guys after their eligibility is up to keep APR and graduation rates up. However with the length of time out of school being so long I don't know if it would be on Tenn AD's dime.

Who pays for guys like this to come back to school?

VN Store

Back