Burning Worley's redshirt

NEO

Eat at Joe's
Just asking what the team gained by it now that it looks like he's sitting back down for the next game and the next two years.

Just asking what the gain was.

You understand that you're complaining about not having one more year of eligibility for a completely unproven quarterback in 2015, right? That's what you're worried about?

You understand that you're complaining about not having one more year of eligibility for a completely unproven quarterback in 2015, right? That's what you're worried about?

Didn't realize I was complaining.

I was merely asking.

Can you answer my question now?

:)

Just asking what the team gained by it now that it looks like he's sitting back down for the next game and the next two years.

Just asking what the gain was.

More developmental experience by being the starter than he would have gotten in a whole RS year.

Reactions: 5 people

Dear Lord, I couldn't agree more. Boo freakin' hoo. The University of Tennessee is worried about not having their current true frosh QB around in 2015? We SHOULD have a few more stud QB's walk through those doors in the next few years. If not, we have bigger problems than our unproven QB's 2015 season.

Reactions: 3 people
More developmental experience by being the starter than he would have gotten in a whole RS year.

Wouldn't he have gained the same in his first year during puff teams like Buffalo etc?

Some experience. It's way too early to tell if it was a bad decision, too many variables in the future.

I feel a lot better about next year with Worley having that experience under his belt. The staff should have a very good understanding of the direction his development needs to take and what to do if he is needed next year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

An experienced backup QB for next year when he will be the only one other than Bray to play a meaningful down. He needs it for his progression as a QB for film study and preperation in the offseason.

Will we feel us good if Bray stays 4 years and after one year with Worley we are back to another new QB who is unproven?

I thought Worley played well for a true freshmen off the bench who was expected to be redshirted.
He threw some bad int's in the opponent's endzone, other then that he played well.
His arm was a lot stronger then I expected.
Seemed like a good decision,

Reactions: 1 person
Next year Nance can handle the mop up duty. Worley and Peterman can RS. Only play Worley if Bray has another injury. Now, in this situation, what did burning the redshirt this year hurt?

An experienced backup QB for next year when he will be the only one other than Bray to play a meaningful down. He needs it for his progression as a QB for film study and preperation in the offseason.

He would have gotten time next year though like Bray did his first year in blow out games.

Wouldn't that do the same for his growth without burning his redshirt?

Why does everybody think in terms of good QBs leaving after 3 years? It's happened to us exactly once.

Next year Nance can handle the mop up duty. Worley and Peterman can RS. Only play Worley if Bray has another injury. Now, in this situation, what did burning the redshirt this year hurt?

if your situation takes place, no harm was done.

I agree with you.

Didn't realize I was complaining.

I was merely asking.

Can you answer my question now?

:)

Did you see some of the sideline reactions during the Alabama game? Did you see Simms over there beating himself up and wringing his hands? Maybe Dooley made that move to keep from losing his team.

There's a game Saturday against a team we detest with a shot at a bowl berth on the line. Bray isn't guaranteed to start; he isn't guaranteed to play well once he gets out there. We're a lot more prepared for that now than we would be if all we had to go to was Matt Simms.

You play to win games now. It would be stupid to not put your best players on the field because of some hypothetical situation in freaking 2015.

Reactions: 2 people
You got to play the best player at the position.
To me that was Worley.
Simms was just a big disappointment.
He sits all day in the pocket and gets hammered.
He just didn't have the arm to throw the ball downfield.
Seems like a good guy, but you got to go with the player that is going to help the team the most. To me that was Worley.

Well a lot of people were apparently expecting Dooley to "win now or gtfo", so he did what gave our team the best chance to win. You can't have your cake and eat it too. We weren't doing jack **** with Simms.

VN Store

Back