We need to find a QB that can run!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a quarterback he's hurt! How soon people forget. We have one of the best quarterbacks in the country
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people
We have a quarterback he's hurt! How soon people forget. We have one of the best quarterbacks in the country

With Bray in the game.... I see plays that he can run to get a first down but he can't.....

Idiotic thread. Bray is slower than me, but he's still a great college qb.
What we need is a competent defense and better play calling on offense.

Reactions: 1 person
I would imagine about 90% of NCAA teams would trade their QB for a healthy Bray...QB is not a main concern...its the fact that a teams backup RB and QB just made our D look like a middle school team.

I would imagine about 90% of NCAA teams would trade their QB for a healthy Bray...QB is not a main concern...its the fact that a teams backup RB and QB just made our D look like a middle school team.

This not the NFL we are playing college football.... Please find a QB with legs:eek:k:

This not the NFL we are playing college football.... Please find a QB with legs:eek:k:

Yeah, because there are no dual threat qb's in the NFL. We've also never had any luck with pure passing qb either.

Sure with our number one qb down and a limited running game it might help but a pro style offense works better with a pro style qb. No sense in trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

I agree here and have said it for years. Of course I like our talent with Bray/Hunter/ and others to come next year, but I would really prefer a qb that can get a few yards when needed. It makes it tougher on the D, and give you more options on 3rd down. I don't want a spread qb or option. Just a guy that can look at his first read or two, see some grass, and get 5-10 yards. Look what Shaw did. He couldn't throw to anybody, so they adjusted to use his feet. We didn't have that option. If we did, the run lanes and passing lanes would open up more. The top teams in the country seem to have this ability, even including McElroy at Alabama in their NC year. It may also stem from qb's with decent legs eating our lunch for the past 10 years too.

itd be great to have a qb who can throw and run, but those are rare. i would like to know how many of you on here wanting a mobile qb would trade a healthy bray for someone like shaw?

i know i wouldnt

Luck is the sought after QB prospect. He looks like a cripple when he runs. Get your garbage out of here.

I don't believe you have watched him play, or you aren't sure what you are watching.
140 carries for @ 900 yds in 2.5 years for over a 6 yd avg wouldn't appear to be garbage to me.

Yeah, because there are no dual threat qb's in the NFL. We've also never had any luck with pure passing qb either.

Sure with our number one qb down and a limited running game it might help but a pro style offense works better with a pro style qb. No sense in trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Tee Martin was a square peg he did well in the round hole...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back