Not happy with our recruiting? Just look towards..

PermaVol

ARKANSAS

The Hogs are currently ranked no. 12 in the coaches poll, finished no.8 in the final BCS standings and went to the Sugar Bowl last year. Here is their recruiting breakdown the past 4 years and for the 2012 class thus far:

Year Rank 5* 4* 3* 2*
2008 36 0 6 10 9
2009 16 1 8 20 2
2010 49 0 3 18 4
2011 24 0 4 24 6
2012 31 0 1 16 0

Clearly it boils down to player evaluation not just *'s. Based on stars our classes have fared much better and Dooley can clearly evaluate talent.. See Hunter, Rogers, Bray, Maggit, Coleman, etc..

We're doing quite well IMO, and, like Petrino, Dooley has to build depth so don't worry about our 3*.. Arkansas sure isn't.

Hopefully all you negavols and Dooley haters will consider this before complaining about recruiting. We're going to close strong.

Hope those edits clarify my point a little better.

Last edited:
can't understand your post. you say currently 14, but the graph shows something else. you said finished 8th last year and graph shows differently. do you mean final ranking as currently 14th and last year 8th ? o k , now i see said the blind man. no, i'm not a big stars guy, either. it's all coaching if you can get a good group of players, that want coached.

ARKANSAS

Currently ranked no. 14, finished no.8 last year and went to the Sugar Bowl. Here is their recruiting breakdown the past 4 years and for the 2012 class thus far:

Year Rank 5* 4* 3* 2*
2008 36 0 6 10 9
2009 16 1 8 20 2
2010 49 0 3 18 4
2011 24 0 4 24 6
2012 31 0 1 16 0

Clearly it boils down to player evaluation not just *'s. Based on stars our classes have fared much better and Dooley can clearly evaluate talent.. See Hunter, Rogers, Bray, Maggit, Coleman, etc..

We're doing quite well IMO, and, like Petrino, Dooley has to build depth so don't worry about our 3*.. Arkansas sure isn't.

Hopefully all you negavols and Dooley haters will consider this before complaining about recruiting. We're going to close strong.

South Carolina and Miss State can also be argued. Besides last year, we have always outrecruited Socarolina and we have always outrecruited Miss State.

Let me know when Arkansas, South Carolina or Miss St. win the SEC. Then you will have something.

South Carolina made into the championship last year and are favored to win the east again this year. Arkansas beat LSU and South Carolina last year, and barely lost to Auburn and Alabama. Miss State has easily done the worst in recruiting yet went 8-4 and beat a much more talented florida team.

This is the first time in a while that these teams are actually competitive besides Arkansas with Mcfadden and Felix.

Who do they play though? 1 maybe 2 games a year they play quality opponents.. The fact they are RS JR and RS SR helps close the talent gap.

Hey I think they are a fluke as much as the next guy. Just threw them out there because everyone always uses them. I actually hate it when people bring these flunky teams up.

I would have to agree. but in other conferences i think there is also more room for error. You can get lesser talent and still be very successful in conference play.

So you dont think Nebraska or Wisconsin could compete in the SEC? I dont think Wisconsin would just because of the offense they run, but Nebraska could easily compete.

Hey I think they are a fluke as much as the next guy. Just threw them out there because everyone always uses them. I actually hate it when people bring these flunky teams up.

I think they would win 8 or 9 games in the SEC, but its silly to say they would keep their top 5 ranking if they did play in an actual conference, especially the SEC

Let me know when Arkansas, South Carolina or Miss St. win the SEC. Then you will have something.

I think almost any Vol would be satisfied with fielding a contender right now. I'm sure you would complain about a 10-2 record, BCS bowl, and top 10 final ranking

So you dont think Nebraska or Wisconsin could compete in the SEC? I dont think Wisconsin would just because of the offense they run, but Nebraska could easily compete.

I think wisconsin main difference is speed at running back. 3 yards and a cloud of dust would probably work well. I think they would need more speed on the d as well.

Not saying they couldnt compete. just saying they wouldnt be top notch in the SEC like they are in the big 10.

I think almost any Vol would be satisfied with fielding a contender right now. I'm sure you would complain about a 10-2 record, BCS bowl, and top 10 final ranking

No, I wouldn't complain actually. It's just kinda funny being told to look towards a team that has never won the SEC, and won't this year or any year in the near future.

I think they would win 8 or 9 games in the SEC, but its silly to say they would keep their top 5 ranking if they did play in an actual conference, especially the SEC

I personally disagree. Year in year out, they would eventually drop to mid or lower of the pack and probably stay there. I only see TCU as having the recruiting yard to improve from time to time. Boise is nothing in a real conference.

I disagree with 9 games. Maybe 8 since they'll get 4 gimme's a year and could beat Vandy and UK but they'd get pounded into submission by the middle of the season because they just don't have depth. Their talent level drops off significantly after the first 22 and their maturity wouldn't matter week-in week-out in the SEC. IMO

there are always exceptions to the rule. but, the rule is the rule for a reason.

south carolina and miss state are not good examples either. 4 or 5 losses in a season being the pinnacle of achievement isn't a reason to celebrate.

No, I wouldn't complain actually. It's just kinda funny being told to look towards a team that has never won the SEC, and won't this year or any year in the near future.

How can you say that for certain? South Carolina has the best runningback and best reciever in the league and a good dline. If Garcia becomes consistant then there is no reason to think that they couldnt win the championship. Espcially considering LSU and Bama has uncertainty at quarterback.

I think your missing the point. They're on the rise and are doing good things. Have to walk before we can run. Teams don't typically go from 6-7 to 14-0. One goal at a time man.

VN Store

Back