Terrible Thought

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
If we don't a running game going and soon, as much as I HATE the thought, Vanderbilt and maybe even Kentucky will eke out a victory on us this year. With Hunter out this possibility isn't beyond the realm of probability. Naturally, I hope our passing game compensates admirably for JH's absence with some surprisingly strong showings from our other receivers. But the utter lack of a running game and the possibility of D. Rogers being the only viable threat is a scary situation.

If we don't a running game going and soon, as much as I HATE the thought, Vanderbilt and maybe even Kentucky will eke out a victory on us this year. With Hunter out this possibility isn't beyond the realm of probability. Naturally, I hope our passing game compensates admirably for JH's absence with some surprisingly strong showings from our other receivers. But the utter lack of a running game and the possibility of D. Rogers being the only viable threat is a scary situation.

You make it sound as if we are worse this year than we were last year. KY had a decent team last year. If they couldn't beat us last year, I have high doubts they will this year.

We are improving and will continue to improve. Everyone seems to think the sky is falling. :banghead2:

Reactions: 1 person
They are not going to beat us. Vandy will get throttled Saturday to show who they truly are and UK blows.

have you watched UK play this season and Vandy is still Vandy.

weren't we also supposed to lose vs Montana too?

Arnett IMO will do great for us. Not many teams have two superstar WR anyway. We were just hugely blessed to have both. Arnett is a very sound WR. As for running the ball??? We are terrible and if we don't improve in this soon and I mean soon, it's gonna get very ugly. We are dead last in the SEC in rushing and that pains me. Never ever would have thought that would EVER happen.

Get out of here with that crap.Neither team will beat us.Stop being so freaking negative.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

UK is bad, Vandy is better but they've had the luxury of easy teams so far ... they've scored in unconventional ways that aren't to be relied on. Vandy's offense is still an area of big concern for them.

Arnett IMO will do great for us. Not many teams have two superstar WR anyway. We were just hugely blessed to have both. Arnett is a very sound WR. As for running the ball??? We are terrible and if we don't improve in this soon and I mean soon, it's gonna get very ugly. We are dead last in the SEC in rushing and that pains me. Never ever would have thought that would EVER happen.

Read my mind. A lot of people seem to be missing that fact. If you look at most teams, they have one stud WR, if that, who is big, fast and physical. Fortunately we had two. We were definitely much better with Hunter, but we are still better off than a lot of other teams still trying to find that one receiver to go to.

We will win both games and flirt with whatever spread Vegas puts on the games. Even without a running game...Which we will have by those game dates.

Have you seen KY play? They are a joke and as for Vandy, they will be exposed this weekend.

Please. It's still UK and Vandy. We will still beat them, and we will beat them bad. There's a reason they are always in the cellar of the SEC. It will be just another day in the office.

Yes. This early in the season for most teams, it is really hard to tell what they have because of the "cush" HS teams they play. Vandy and KenSUCKY WILL NOT beat us this year. We are a better team than last year. Unfortunately, the OL hasn't measured up to what I thought they would concerning the running game. I hope Dooley and company gets this "somewhat" worked out during this week and next.

I love the fire Dooley has. He wouldn't even talk to the media yesterday after practice cause it was so bad. He was too busy "taking care of business" in the locker-room. That's what im talking about right there. Could you imagine fulmer after the same crappy practice. We will get there. Hunter was a huge blow, but this team is a TEAM and it will all work out. I really think 8-4 with a bowl win.

I love the fire Dooley has. He wouldn't even talk to the media yesterday after practice cause it was so bad. He was too busy "taking care of business" in the locker-room. That's what im talking about right there. Could you imagine fulmer after the same crappy practice. We will get there. Hunter was a huge blow, but this team is a TEAM and it will all work out. I really think 8-4 with a bowl win.

Yeah I don't know man. I think Fulmer would have skipped the media session too, to go watch film.

OP has a point. There definitely isn't as much seperation between the Vandy's and Kentucky's of the conference anymore. We've had some wild games lately against Kentucky and Vandy played them tough last year. If things stay the same for this year and next. One of those teams could finally catch them on the right day.

I'm not sure we could make enough mistakes to lose to Ky and the number would have to be quite high for Vandy to have a shot, running game or not. If we can pass for 288 yards and 3 TDs against FL WITHOUT JH, we can easily double that production against the cellar dwellers in the league.

We actually had at least 3 or 4 decent running plays against FL. I figure we have difficulty running against LSU, Alabama, maybe even UGA, USCjr and Ark, but Buffalo, MTSU, Vandy, and Ky would be foolish to think that would be enough to win their matchup with us.

I figure as it stands right now we run decently against Buffalo, have less success against UGA, almost get shut down against LSU and Alabama, make a better effort against USCjr and Ark, then have our way in the air and on the ground with MTSU, Vandy, and Ky.

Yeah I don't know man. I think Fulmer would have skipped the media session too, to go watch film.

The only reason Fulmer would skip a media session is if there was a buffet nearby. His idea of getting on his team was clapping after they made a bad play, cant compare him to CDD. Back to the thread, no way we lose to KY or Vandy. We're not as good as we would like to be but we're much better than either of those teams.

I think we beat UGA,USCe and ARK as well to finish 9-3!!! GO VOLS!!! :dance2:

VN Store

Back