Fulmer debate extravaganza (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

utmba93

Time for a New Era
I posted this a few times within threads but it keeps coming up.

I can't imagine how many times I've read that it's been 10 years since Fulmer won an SEC Championship. That's referring to the 1998 season. But, since the Vols have only played 9 seasons, it would be fair if you critics would stick to the facts.

There's no need to give up on the 2008 Vols before the season ever starts. And, if for some reason, we don't win the SEC this season, are you going to say it's been 11 years next year... and just keep being wrong until we win it again?

Please kindly adhere to the facts. Just to help with the math, here's how to count them.

1) 2007 (that's the last season played)
2) 2006
3) 2005
4) 2004
5) 2003
6) 2002
7) 2001
8) 2000
9) 1999 (this was the 1st season after the Vols won the national championship)

Fire away... 3 embarassing loses in 2007; can't forget 2005; and so on.

The 2008 team is about to reset the clock, so remember to tell your grandkids, there were only 9 years between championships and not 10... and it was not 41 years.. that was basketball.

Get ready to update this photo in 2008! Go Vols!

Attachments

• ncaa-champs.jpg
    ncaa-champs.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 74
If you are going to split hairs about numbers, should we really claim the 1967 NC?

If you are going to split hairs about numbers, should we really claim the 1967 NC?

Good question.

It just depends on how much credit you want to give Fulmer. Was his undisputed 1998 the first since 1951 (47 years) or 1967 (31 years)? I'm fine with not couting it, but the photo was easy to grab.:)

Besides, Ras, if anyone here would rather use the #10 less often, I don't know who it would be.

Don't call it ten years; go ahead and call it a decade. That sounds almost as long as it's felt like.

Heck, go ahead and call it a tenth of a century just for good measure.

fulmey.gif

The last time the Volunteers won the SEC in football:

- Clinton had not yet been impeached
- The Columbine massacre had not yet occurred
- Napster did not yet exist
- Lance Armstrong had yet to win the Tour de France
- Gene Siskel, Joe DiMaggio, JFK Jr, Wilt Chamberlain, and Walter Payton were all still alive
- The original Matrix had yet to be released
- The #1 song in the country was Cher's horrific "Believe"

And this is without even trying very hard.

And anything Fulmer related, Cincy always puts the wonderful dancing Phil in there! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back