Could Bray be better than Manning?

mattvol16

So with Tyler Bray lighting up the competition so far and will probably smash all of UTs passing recoreds. If he beats the Gators as Manning never did would he be considered ''Better'' then Manning as a college QB!!

So with Tyler Bray lighting up the competition so far and will probably smash all of UTs passing recoreds. If he beats the Gators as Manning never did would he be considered ''Better'' then Manning as a college QB!!

No. Only statistically
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people

Find this:

question_mark_on_computer_keyboard_294med00116.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

It's way too early to compare him to PM.

That being said, I do resent the fact that PM could never do it, and I will notice and appreciate the fact that TB did (if he does).

Well according to JMoore's Facebook "Peyton Manning wears Tyler Bray pajamas".

Ha.

If he has more than one SEC Championship during his tenure, then, yeah. Beating UF is just a piece of the puzzle.

PM got one SEC title without beating UF.

Are you insane? Is Stephen Garcia better than Manning because he beat the Gators last year? No.

Last edited:

Yes. These gaters are a better team than peyton faced imo. If he stays 4 years he will re wright UT's record book.

Reactions: 1 person
Only time will tell if Bray is truly a legendary quarterback. I hope we can say at the end of his career that he was better than Peyton. That means a lot of good football is coming our way. I think even Peyton would pull for that !!

Reactions: 2 people
It just depends! Will Bray hold most\all of the passing records. Will he lead his teams to as many W's as Manning did. Will he lead us to an SEC championship and BCS bowl games! Will he put in the work and become the leader of this team? Will he make himself a part of the Knoxville community like Manning has i.e; volunteering at certain fund events , giving back to the community etc.(not that I personally think this is a big deal but i think it helped Manning a lot for people to see not only was he a great football player for UT but he was a great person off the field as well). I say if he does all that and plus he beats the Gators and wins a bcs bowl and eventually wins a Heisman (not that I'm saying he will or should be conciderd for 1 right now)IMO and it's JMO , I think you would have to say Yes he COULD be considered a better college QB than Manning.

Last edited:
There's more to a being a quarterback than beating one team. That being said, I see no reason why Bray couldn't be a better college quarterback than Manning...it just won't be because he beat Florida. It will be because he wins multiple SEC championships but let's be real here. The only way that's going to happen is if Bray sticks around for his senior year. If he wins the SEC next year and turns down millions to return for his senior season ala Andrew Luck.

Bray probably wouldn't stay a 4th year given the chance to leave after Junior Year, so no, he will not be a better volunteer than Peyton unless he stays his last year

first the title of this Tread made no sense.. then u Post a question about a QB who has yet to start a whole year. Manning got the start 2nd game of his freshman season and yes he Never beat Florida but you gotta figure that was during the Spurrier's prime time in Florida.. So to answer your question, which i think u asked if Bray beats FL this weekend will he be better than manning, HELL no.. When Bray puts Rocky Top back on the MAP, actually WINS a Heisman instead of losing to a DB/WR/KR/PR, and wins a NC...THEN he will be a hair better than Manning. You know what.. NO ONE will EVER be Better than Manning.. EVER... this post pissed me the hell off.. Let the damn kid grow instead of measuring him by the Best QB Tennessee has ever had game by game.. Damn

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
first the title of this Tread made no sense..

I read it about 5 times trying to figure out which word to change and then said the heck with it and made up my own title. :)

btw - The rest of your post was spot on.

I'm the farthest from a 'negavol' as one can be, but I can't imagine even a rival fanbase not laughing at this thread. Do we really need to start pegging him to be better than Manning? I understand the excitement, I really do, and I share it, but talk about premature.

Reactions: 2 people
It just depends! Will Bray hold most\all of the passing records. Will he lead his teams to as many W's as Manning did. Will he lead us to an SEC championship and BCS bowl games! Will he put in the work and become the leader of this team? Will he make himself a part of the Knoxville community like Manning has i.e; volunteering at certain fund events , giving back to the community etc.(not that I personally think this is a big deal but i think it helped Manning a lot for people to see not only was he a great football player for UT but he was a great person off the field as well). I say if he does all that and plus he beats the Gators and wins a bcs bowl and eventually wins a Heisman (not that I'm saying he will or should be conciderd for 1 right now)IMO and it's JMO , I think you would have to say Yes he COULD be considered a better college QB than Manning.

:clapping:

These are the things that make Peyton a legend. He could have moved on to the NFL and left Tennessee in the dust but continues to give back in every way possible. I think that fact is why so many Vol fans feel awkward talking about anyone potentially being a better quarterback. You can't help but let the off the field stuff affect your judgement which reminds me... why judge the guys based on the other's performance? We're watching the 2nd of 2 GREAT quarterbacks play for the Vols. I'd rather think of it like that than bog down my joy by debating who is or will be the best.

VN Store

Back