If A and M joins plus another Big 12 who goes to the east ?

508mikey

Auburn and Alabama are closest - I really hate the idea that A and M is trying to mucle their way into the SEC and who comes with the collies ? Kansas or Kansas St. ?:question:

Get over the fact that A&M want to be in a stable conference. Shut the hell up with the bs. If another school comes in, it'll probably be an eastern team anyways (ie WVU or NC State).

Get over the fact that A&M want to be in a stable conference. Shut the hell up with the bs. If another school comes in, it'll probably be an eastern team anyways (ie WVU or NC State).

Red bull with coffee?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

tamu is not muscling their way in. they are being invited. the sec presidents are voting to accept them.

tamu did not have the ability or legal authority to force their way into the league.

They're not stopping with just A&M. They're going to get 3 more and the 16 team super conference will be born. The old SEC will be no more.

Wow. You mad bro?

They're not stopping with just A&M. They're going to get 3 more and the 16 team super conference will be born. The old SEC will be no more.

Has much as I hate the idea of a 16 team super conference; I completely understand the reason. Do you have any idea who the other teams may be besides A&M?

tamu is not muscling their way in. they are being invited. the sec presidents are voting to accept them.

tamu did not have the ability or legal authority to force their way into the league.

Technically we didnt invite em till after they anounced they were leaving the big 12,10..er 9?

SEC welcomes our NEWEST MEMBER, TX A&M AGGIES. Also reported that the SEC’s vote was “either 12-0 or 11-0 with Vanderbilt abstaining.” The site also claims that Mike Slive now has “authorization” to talk to Missouri and West Virginia about joining the SEC as School #14.

Just saw this.

Has much as I hate the idea of a 16 team super conference; I completely understand the reason. Do you have any idea who the other teams may be besides A&M?
They'll go after teams in untapped markets. One of the reasons A&M is so appealing. VT,WV, UNC, Missouri, those would be my guesses. May not be who they end up with but that's who i think they'll try and get.

The deal with this whole super conference discussion could actually bring forth a somewhat forced playoff system, but it would require five or so super conferences in total (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, PAC-x, SEC).

With a maximum of 16 schools per conference, that would cover 80 of the 120 schools that presently comprise of the FBS or Div. 1-A. 40 schools would inevitably be potentially left out in the cold aside from some sort of play-in contingency. Presently there are 66 teams in BCS conferences.

If this happens, and the money seems to be speaking to this direction, then hopefully this makes the transition to a vintage playoff system a bit easier versus the current organizational structure.

Ultimately, it's not about fairness nor logic, it will always be about money.

The deal with this whole super conference discussion could actually bring forth a somewhat forced playoff system, but it would require five or so super conferences in total (ACC, Big East, Big Ten, PAC-x, SEC).

Wouldn't you want 4 conferences? Or 6 at most, with the two higher seeded champions getting a bye in the "playoffs?" I don't really see the benefit to having 5.

Wouldn't you want 4 conferences? Or 6 at most, with the two higher seeded champions getting a bye in the "playoffs?"

Well, for me, whatever it takes to get a sensible playoff system. The subjectivity of college ball no longer matches the diversity of good teams.

Of the five I listed, who would you drop or who would you add?

Five could work, I guess, if you allowed 6 playoff spots, because then you could have an "at-large" spot for the bottom half of the league.

Alabama | MrSEC.com

Check this out...

"But who’s to say the SEC might not invite both and then stop at 15 schools? Three divisions of five teams each. The two best teams in the BCS rankings meet in Atlanta for the league title. It’s possible. If SEC accountants crunch the numbers and find that the league’s school would make more cash with 15 schools than with 16, you better believe Slive’s group would consider it."

Well, for me, whatever it takes to get a sensible playoff system. The subjectivity of college ball no longer matches the diversity of good teams.

Of the five I listed, who would you drop or who would you add?

It doesnt matter because a playoff isnt happening. Period. Just like the expansion of conferences, its all about the money.

Alabama | MrSEC.com

Check this out...

"But who’s to say the SEC might not invite both and then stop at 15 schools? Three divisions of five teams each. The two best teams in the BCS rankings meet in Atlanta for the league title. It’s possible. If SEC accountants crunch the numbers and find that the league’s school would make more cash with 15 schools than with 16, you better believe Slive’s group would consider it."

huh? You have three divisions for no reason, in that only two play for the title still based on a silly subjective scale? No thanks.

VN Store

Back