845 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on How many players can dress out? Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Football. Well, you know, it's a little odd that you threadjacked this thread to ask how to start a new thread, ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Football

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2011, 11:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
easily amused

Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 2,318
Likes: 782
Well, you know, it's a little odd that you threadjacked this thread to ask how to start a new thread, and then criticized other posters for going off topic.

Did we ever untangle how many players dress out, either home or away??
VolNExile is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 11:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Member
 
SUDSDRINKER's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mt. Juliet
Posts: 97
Likes: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwil4 View Post
Okay. Grammar*
My point exactly...Done on purpose! no hope for you all i guess.
SUDSDRINKER is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 304
Likes: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkil5 View Post
I was wandering how many players are eligible to dress on gamedays. I know it is a different number for home or away and sec or ooc.
So I was wandering if someone help me out.
Thanks a lot guys!
Typically a travel squad in the SEC is 70.
bigorange61 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #19 (permalink)
Member
 
SUDSDRINKER's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mt. Juliet
Posts: 97
Likes: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolNExile View Post
Well, you know, it's a little odd that you threadjacked this thread to ask how to start a new thread, and then criticized other posters for going off topic.

Did we ever untangle how many players dress out, either home or away??
What the hell is a threadjack? I was just asking how to start one! What the heck is wrong with some of you. I'm sorry my first time to interact with VOL fans has turned into such a bad experience. GBO!
SUDSDRINKER is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 11:30 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 304
Likes: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolNExile View Post
Well, you know, it's a little odd that you threadjacked this thread to ask how to start a new thread, and then criticized other posters for going off topic.

Did we ever untangle how many players dress out, either home or away??
Article 17 of the SEC bylaws will answer the question. You can google that out if you want.
bigorange61 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Fingers's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,920
Likes: 3,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigorange61 View Post
Article 17 of the SEC bylaws will answer the question. You can google that out if you want.


The home team may dress 95 student-athletes in uniform, but only 80 student-athletes may participate in a Conference contest. (The 15 non-participants shall dress out at no additional cost to the institution. Student-athletes shall not receive pre-game meals, overnight lodging or additional game tickets. They may receive a post-game meal provided it is served at the stadium. No cash stipend is permitted for post-game meals away from the stadium.)

The visiting team is limited to a squad size of 70 student-athletes.

The squad size limit for neutral site games (no more than one game annually) is 70 for both participating teams. The squad size for junior varsity teams is 55 student-athletes.

Practice Limitations—NCAA Bylaw 17.9.1 Minimum Contest Requirement—NCAA Bylaw 20.9.4.3 Maximum Contest Limit—NCAA Bylaw 17.9.5
Fingers is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-20-2011, 11:33 PM   #22 (permalink)
Member
 
SUDSDRINKER's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mt. Juliet
Posts: 97
Likes: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigorange61 View Post
Article 17 of the SEC bylaws will answer the question. You can google that out if you want.
Thank You!
SUDSDRINKER is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #23 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
mkil5's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 762
Likes: 334
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
The home team may dress 95 student-athletes in uniform, but only 80 student-athletes may participate in a Conference contest. (The 15 non-participants shall dress out at no additional cost to the institution. Student-athletes shall not receive pre-game meals, overnight lodging or additional game tickets. They may receive a post-game meal provided it is served at the stadium. No cash stipend is permitted for post-game meals away from the stadium.)


The visiting team is limited to a squad size of 70 student-athletes.

The squad size limit for neutral site games (no more than one game annually) is 70 for both participating teams. The squad size for junior varsity teams is 55 student-athletes.

Practice Limitations—NCAA Bylaw 17.9.1 Minimum Contest Requirement—NCAA Bylaw 20.9.4.3 Maximum Contest Limit—NCAA Bylaw 17.9.5
Thank you so much! I was losing faith in this after I got hijacked.
Posted via VolNation Mobile
mkil5 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-21-2011, 03:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
governmentmule's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Thorn Hill,Tn
Posts: 15,310
Likes: 2,254
Dressed? you mean some don't have clothes on
__________________


as all ways Go Lady Vols
governmentmule is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-21-2011, 10:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes!
 
Billy Antrim's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Lincoln Co., NM
Posts: 2,858
Likes: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUDSDRINKER View Post
I say evry luser on hear that ownly post to correct someones spellin shuld be kicked of! Express opinions, share info., but if you want to be a friggin literature prof. I suggest you find sumware else 2 go! GBO!
You'd better grow a thicker skin if you plan to post on VN much. Otherwise, you'll be pissed off most of the time.

Life is too short for that.
Billy Antrim is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
LWSVOL's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Mount Juliet Tennessee
Posts: 7,019
Likes: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkil5 View Post
I was wandering how many players are eligible to dress on gamedays. I know it is a different number for home or away and sec or ooc.
So I was wandering if someone help me out.
Thanks a lot guys!
V80 - Home† The home team may dress 95 student-athletes in uniform, but only 80 may participate. The 15 nonparticipants shall dress out at no additional cost to the institution. (Student-athletes shall not receive pre-game meals, overnight lodging or additional game tickets. They may receive postgame meals provided it is served at the stadium. No cash stipend is provided for post-game meals away from the stadium.)

visitors can only take 70 on road trips for SEC games.

for OOC games, can dress 105..
__________________
LWSVOL is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 08-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 6,226
Likes: 1,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUDSDRINKER View Post
What the hell is a threadjack? I was just asking how to start one! What the heck is wrong with some of you. I'm sorry my first time to interact with VOL fans has turned into such a bad experience. GBO!
Don't you see, starting new threads is not the subject of this thread. If you want to know how to start a new thread, then you should start a new thread on that subject to ask how to start it.
Vol Main is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27