104.5 hating on Bray

volatil

Villains
Frank Wycheck and Mark Howard have been killing Bray lately. They said the offense has to be dumbed down for him because he gets confused with people going in motion. Howard went on to say Bray's stats from last year were misleading because Memphis stinks, Ole Miss quit, and the other teams didn't play well. This is the so-called station for the Vols in Middle Tennessee.

I never understood why people listen to meatballs on the radio for their sports information. Get an Ipod and listen to music.

Mark Howard is similar to Hyams, he spews nothing but old garbage. Last year he said Brantley and Florida's offense would be "dynamic". He's an idiot.

they are not hating at all, they are giving what you call an opinion. If you dont like change the station.

Tennessee doesn't get much love in Nashville, even from Clay Travis a supposed Tennessee fan.

Yeah, what you said. i grow increasingly tired of their so-called "Vols coverage". They usually have one segment per day, at around 5 minutes worth. The only time it's worth listening to is when they have Doug Matthews on. Poor ol' Hyams - when he's on there - is a great guy and a Vol fan, but I can get a lot more "in-depth analysis" from tea leaves and tarot cards.

and don't you get tired of the dern hockey discussions? My goodness, they are STILL yakking about those idiotic predators to this day on Plaster's show....

Just call me a hate-uhh.

I usually agree with Wycheck on most points, but he is starting to become just like Mark. He doesn't really do his homework and just goes off of historics and then bases an opinion. That's why it's so enjoyable when they have Kuharsky on because he calls them both morons constantly.

Those guys are just trying to stir the pot a little. Actually, Mark Howard is one that will usually talk better of the Vols than the rest. 104.5 is about as bland and vanilla as you can get for sports talk radio.

Those guys are just trying to stir the pot a little. Actually, Mark Howard is one that will usually talk better of the Vols than the rest. 104.5 is about as bland and vanilla as you can get for sports talk radio.

I don't mind 104.5 for the most part. I've listened to a lot of sports talk, and I think their entire day's programming is generally better than most.

That being said, I agree with you that it can become the same old crap over and over. Mark talks ridiculous amounts of hockey and is always in love with Arkansas football, and Plaster is a tired old dork who has the opinion of a 98 year old war veteran..."times aren't what they were, blah blah blah".

I do like 3 hour lunch though, they definitely aren't afraid to veer from the normal agenda.

the opinion of a 98 year old war veteran..."times aren't what they were, blah blah blah".

Probably best to use some other demographic in your analogy to trash Plaster. Those old war vets have earned their opinions through blood and sacrifice.

I don't mind 104.5 for the most part. I've listened to a lot of sports talk, and I think their entire day's programming is generally better than most.

That being said, I agree with you that it can become the same old crap over and over. Mark talks ridiculous amounts of hockey and is always in love with Arkansas football, and Plaster is a tired old dork who has the opinion of a 98 year old war veteran..."times aren't what they were, blah blah blah".

I do like 3 hour lunch though, they definitely aren't afraid to veer from the normal agenda.

3 Hour lunch is the only one I listen to. Plaz can bite my baseball and vandy hating butt.

104.5 - the Vol Network for Nashville and we rarely get any coverage. If we do its something like what we see from the OP. Its only a question of time when Nashville wont have any UT sports at all. Shame.

104.5 is a horrible station for everything

if you can't get any of the other stations normally.. get an android phone with Tune-in radio app and you can stream the better stations over your phone

104.5 is the best sports talk radio in the state. I don't listen to it to hear them give UT sports a reach around. I listen to it to hear people discuss all kinds of sports and the issues surrounding them. I'm smart enough to know what is truly going on and how to filter out what some people have to say. We get more UT information online than we are ever going to hear on radio.

If you want to hear a sports station recite the UT depth chart 24/7. listen to the Knoxville sports talk stations. They are the worst I have ever listened to anywhere in any market.

I never understood why people listen to meatballs on the radio for their sports information. Get an Ipod and listen to music.

This.

Whats so bad about having to dumb down an offense for a true sophomore about to start his 6th game anyways?

Yeah, what you said. i grow increasingly tired of their so-called "Vols coverage". They usually have one segment per day, at around 5 minutes worth. The only time it's worth listening to is when they have Doug Matthews on. Poor ol' Hyams - when he's on there - is a great guy and a Vol fan, but I can get a lot more "in-depth analysis" from tea leaves and tarot cards.

and don't you get tired of the dern hockey discussions? My goodness, they are STILL yakking about those idiotic predators to this day on Plaster's show....

Just call me a hate-uhh.
Hyams is NOT a vol fan
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I've knocked those guys on this subject a couple times. It could be due to the fact that I know none of them are UT fans and also know that a couple (including Plaster) do not like UT. It comes across in their commentary and it's annoying.

If anyone was listening this morning around 7:30, you really weren't pleased. In the scenario of "If you were a 5* recruit rank these schools in order: Florida, Georgia, LSU, Alabama, Tennessee." They each chose UT in the 4 or 5 slot.

Opinion is fine and I don't need these guys to drink the kool-aid, but give me some analysis/commentary that is a little less on the anti-orange side. There is a difference.

VN Store

Back