Songs about the vols?

oroj

Rod Wilks
Anyone know any songs that have been written about any specific Vols or Tennessee teams? I heard "Archie Who" the other day and it sparked my interest about any songs over on our side. All I can think of is "Touchdown Tennessee" about John Ward. Anyone know of any other ones? and not stupid rap "shout outs"... haha thanks

Touchdown Tennessee by Kenny Chesney. Tribute to j ward that's ok.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

i used to have a cd of a song called "should've been a vol". however, i had a house fire 4 years ago and it was lost. i can not find the song anywhere and can't remember the artist. it began in the first part about number 20 (henry) having the ball. the second part made fun of alabama and dubose. then the last part made pokes at spurrier and florida. great song wish i could find it again.

I believe Little Wayne blessed us all with the line "Smoke weed and talk s*** like Lane Kiffin". Thats gotta be up there with "Touchdown Tennessee" right?

There was one back in the day when Dickey left us to coach at Florida ... then we met them in a bowl.

"We'll beat (the?) Dickey
On the tartan turf,
he'll wish he was in Jacksonville
playin in the surf

Watson will run the ball
McLain will catch the pass
And Alvarez will spend the day
Knocked upon his ...

... and we did beat em. And I did hear this on the radio, with no bad words, of course.

During the 1970 season there was a song written and played on WIVK called Tricky Dickey after Douglas Adair Dickey left us for the Florida Gators.

Fans were digging Arrested Developement's rap song back in the 90's,"Tennessee". But then when you listen to the lyrics you realize there was another message there.

Tennessee! Tennessee! There ain't no place I'd rather be.. Baby won't you carry meeeeeeeeeeee...... BACK to Tennessee!

I haven't heard the Touchdown Tennessee song in over 10 years when they made him pull it because of the use of players names and amature status. Anybody know where to find it online? I'd like to hear it again.

VN Store

Back