Anyone else think Clay Travis is putting a bullseye on UT Football

coffeevol

regular old member
It is just my opinion but we better be running a squeaky clean program and have knowledge on what players are doing at all times. Clay has "broke" a story on Bama players in a suit store and it keeps growing. This is just the attention he needs to get his new website off of the ground running. He has said that he has already recieved death threats over this story which is rediculous on its own. No where in the story does he mention UT but he is being painted as a UT homer and kind of our own attention grabbing finebaum. But I think by pissing the bama fan base off in this modern time of twitter, facebook, and cameras on every induvidual in any public place I think he is asking for it. All it takes is one poor judgement call and one petty gift to one player, be it a free meal, suit, ticket, ect...., We better be watching close fellas the bammers will come out of the woodwork. I guess by typing this I am in fact giving him what he desires by giving his site pub. I am always a big fan of his but with him trying to become the next "sportsbybrooks" or wanna be Yahoo, he will in fact be known as an orange homer with scores to settle.

What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry so much man. It'll be ok CDD is on top of it. If he hears of any Alum breaking the rules he will make them meet JJ over the middle!

I promise you Bama is not worried about UT. them and auburn have an all out war going on. Clay didnt did up the news. All this stuff was on tips from Auburn fans and the pics were from them. Bama fans have been making threats to media people for ever. Finebaum gets them as do every other outlet that says bad stuff about them. They all know auburn has dug up all this stuff, just like Alabama has and continus to dig up stuff on Cam. Definately not an issue.

I think he is trying to make a splash with his new website. If this story has legs and it sounds like it is starting to, he might be on to something.

Don't worry so much, a heated Bama vs. UT rivalry is a great thing to me.

Clay Travis is an attention whore who looks out for Clay Travis first and always.

Sure we all love to see Bama squirm, but Karma has a way of paying you back in the SEC.

It is just my opinion but we better be running a squeaky clean program and have knowledge on what players are doing at all times. Clay has "broke" a story on Bama players in a suit store and it keeps growing. This is just the attention he needs to get his new website off of the ground running. He has said that he has already recieved death threats over this story which is rediculous on its own. No where in the story does he mention UT but he is being painted as a UT homer and kind of our own attention grabbing finebaum. But I think by pissing the bama fan base off in this modern time of twitter, facebook, and cameras on every induvidual in any public place I think he is asking for it. All it takes is one poor judgement call and one petty gift to one player, be it a free meal, suit, ticket, ect...., We better be watching close fellas the bammers will come out of the woodwork. I guess by typing this I am in fact giving him what he desires by giving his site pub. I am always a big fan of his but with him trying to become the next "sportsbybrooks" or wanna be Yahoo, he will in fact be known as an orange homer with scores to settle.

What do you think?

128861219785973750.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this story is reaching, Clay desperately wanting to get attention in the wake of the Auburn, Ohio State, and Oregon scandals by hoping to be the guy who was first in uncovering the new scandal. In their business, being first is everything.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think this story is reaching, Clay desperately wanting to get attention in the wake of the Auburn, Ohio State, and Oregon scandals by hoping to be the guy who was first in uncovering the new scandal. In their business, being first is everything.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

people are giving clay way too much credit. He admitted yesterday on Bham radio that auburn fans sent his all this info and pictures and continues to get stuff from them. Yes he is promoting his site, but he is just running what auburn fans discovered. Just like im sure he will continue to get stuff from both schools about each other. I dont blame him a bit, he is getting alot of hits, which pays the bills.

I thouroughly dislike Clay Travis. He tries way to hard. He says outlandish things to garner attention. He is your typical lawyer. Besides he is a James Franklin homer now anyway

This story is getting more and more legs now that the new pic is out of Richardson out to dinner with the owner of the store in Jan, 2010..This could being end up being huge, and hoping it does!

Anyone who thinks that Clay Travis wouldn't sell UT completely out if he had info like this on the Vols is a moron. This guy is turning into an over-glorified SportsByBrooks.

Clay is a Vandy alum, so why would he bring heat down on the Vols?

He is also a huge Vol Fan. Atleast he mentions that every week he is on here in Bham. I absolutely think he would run some dirt on us if something came out. If I was in his shoes no way in hell I would, but I bleed O&W. But he obviously is an attention Whore and this is what he does. I respect him alot more for doing it this way than being sneaky and behind your back. You know what your getting with him. I mean its no different than if a newsreporter got wind of this and ran several articles in the newspaper. If someone in Tuscaloosa had found out they would have done the same thing. every reporter wants to be the one who broke this story and that story. its what they are paid to do. Cant wait to see whats next on his site.

Just a fanboy trying to uncover the next big scandal

I personally dont have a problem with it. Its part of his career and its making him money. And its possibly helping to bring down one of our most hated rivals. If he did run something bad on UT I would hate it and probably him. But even still its what he does for a living and I am fine with it. its all about taking care of your family, And I sure the hell would never send a death threat to him or anyone else for that matter.Thats just stupid, do people not realize they can trace back the emails or whatever else way they are sending it. Just not worth going to jail over threats of your football team. Just boggles my mind all these Bama fans sending death threats. Im sure alot are Trailor Park Trash rednecks and probably arent completely all there or stable, like Harvey Updike, but still theres zero excuse for it.

I personally dont have a problem with it. Its part of his career and its making him money. And its possibly helping to bring down one of our most hated rivals. If he did run something bad on UT I would hate it and probably him. But even still its what he does for a living and I am fine with it. its all about taking care of your family, And I sure the hell would never send a death threat to him or anyone else for that matter.Thats just stupid, do people not realize they can trace back the emails or whatever else way they are sending it. Just not worth going to jail over threats of your football team. Just boggles my mind all these Bama fans sending death threats. Im sure alot are Trailor Park Trash rednecks and probably arent completely all there or stable, like Harvey Updike, but still theres zero excuse for it.

Amen.

I will say I loved Clays books, but he is a narcissist.
There is a drinking game in nash that everytime he drops being a lawyer you got take a shot.

There is a drinking game in nash that everytime he drops being a lawyer you got take a shot.

LOL..sounds like a cool game. I could get F'D up based on those rules.

If what he's reporting is true, I better hurry up and bet the under on Bammer.

I listened to him the other day when I was in Nash, and I probably would've keeled over had I played that haha

VN Store

Back